Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

"Keeping secrets from their kids because they are well meaning about it" is the only way Pen knows how to write parents. It doesn't matter if the parental figure's backgrounds would build towards them not being the sort of people to do that kind of shit. It's all he can write.

Also:

Apparently he is super fucking cross and going to pursue legal in regard to Lost Hedgehog Tales now? For Christ's sake. He has his playground to use his characters in a money making capacity without Archie doing anything about it, but he's getting bent over someone referring to what they may of done (for free) with his characters.

Edited by Verb & Noun
  • Thumbs Up 2

He even pulled that with Sonic and Uncle Chuck by having the latter withhold the truth about the fates of the former's parents because the truth that they were alive would compel Sonic to do "foolhardy" stuff and would likely result in his capture by Robotnik.

Uh, I think Sonic's more intelligent than letting his heart rule his head Penders.

Then again, you had absolutely no idea of how to write Sonic as a character well anyway so no suprises there.

You're giving him too much credit. He doesn't know how to write *characters*, period. 

Evidently pointing out the fact that he initially said it was gonna be released in 2012 makes you a troll now. Despite the documented proof that exists on his own website.

• Thumbs Up 7

Whoa, so it's been three years since he's started on the thing, and he still only officially made two comic pages so far? And he's still planning on releasing the first issue by the end of this year with some optional audio stuff?

... I'm sorry, guys, but I'm just really confused by this output of this man.  Is he planning on releasing issues on a quarterly basis, or something?

• Thumbs Up 4

Whoa, so it's been three years since he's started on the thing, and he still only officially made two comic pages so far? And he's still planning on releasing the first issue by the end of this year with some optional audio stuff?

... I'm sorry, guys, but I'm just really confused by this output of this man.  Is he planning on releasing issues on a quarterly basis, or something?

No, the thing he plans to release is a 10 page prequel which was meant to be released months ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't imagine what the audio track is going to be--did some friends or family visit and he stuck a microphone in their face?

That's the only way I'd expect his Winter deadline, with all these needless bells and whistles, to have any truth to it.

No, the thing he plans to release is a 10 page prequel which was meant to be released months ago.

Wait a tic, so, he was spending all this time to make a short prequel comic? Not even Issue #1 proper? This just leaves me even more confused...

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait a tic, so, he was spending all this time to make a short prequel comic? Not even Issue #1 proper? This just leaves me even more confused...

Well, to be accurate, the prequel was developed a little later. The two pages he's released were the intro for the prequel... and then the intro for the actual book.

It's a little hard to say how much work he's actually done, since he's claimed he's been formatting everything for an app he hasn't even previewed or given details about yet (yet he boasts that it's better than other comic apps). Of course, given what "quality" work he's already revealed, don't expect much.

Edited by Zaysho

Okay, I'm going to lay it down for you; back in December 2011, he announced that the Lara-Su Chronicles would becoming soon in 2012, which was jumping the gun a bit since the trial wasn't really over, and only finished in late 2012. After that he has been unclear as to when exactly it would come out, and earlier this year he insisted that it would be out in time to see a release for Comic-Con. So far, this has not manifested itself, and he is now instead talking about an App, the prototype of which he claims was a big hit, though he hasn't given any info about it or even provided a screenshot. 

Earlier this year, he announced a prequel comic called 'The Storm', giving a preview page and then promising that more pages would follow within the month. They did not. 

Basically it's all part of the same project, but the Storm was developed after LSC's production began, and thus far any and all announcements he's made regarding their release have not been seen through, and now he is claiming that SOMETHING will be ready during this year's winter period. Given his history, its unlikely that we will be seeing either The Storm or LSC itself released within this time.

• Thumbs Up 8

Or long story short: Penders has been talking out if his ass for three years straight.

• Thumbs Up 9

Sigh. "Won't release book until I get a multi-language track for the project. And until I finish the app. And I personally design the digital delivery. And I go to court for another multi-month lawsuit. Don't ask for a real date, tho."

I still find it odd that ol' FuhrerMustang can honestly claim that LHT was Flynn scamming and flipping off his fans, yet Ken is saying the above with nary a peep from him. And Stephen Carnaggio is a troll for pointing out how long Ken has been claiming LSC's release.

Ol' Roy keeps saying that phrase, "Hipster welfare". It astounds me that he is so clueless about so many things, yet claims to be in college and voting age (if his Trump supporting is any indication...). I just had to point out the Undertale story; how it got a Kickstarter and is now one of the most popular games on Steam and the internet. Not bad for "e-begging", huh?

• Thumbs Up 7

Sigh. "Won't release book until I get a multi-language track for the project. And until I finish the app. And I personally design the digital delivery. And I go to court for another multi-month lawsuit. Don't ask for a real date, tho."

I still find it odd that ol' FuhrerMustang can honestly claim that LHT was Flynn scamming and flipping off his fans, yet Ken is saying the above with nary a peep from him. And Stephen Carnaggio is a troll for pointing out how long Ken has been claiming LSC's release.

Ol' Roy keeps saying that phrase, "Hipster welfare". It astounds me that he is so clueless about so many things, yet claims to be in college and voting age (if his Trump supporting is any indication...). I just had to point out the Undertale story; how it got a Kickstarter and is now one of the most popular games on Steam and the internet. Not bad for "e-begging", huh?

Yeah, as I've said before, FuhrerMustang is precisely the kind of fan that Penders deserves. That said, we really should not be discussing him, given that he's just a screaming fanboy with an unnatural grudge against Flynn, and this is a thread meant for Penders and the Lara-Su Chronicles. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Sorry, it's just that I could help but compare Flynn's currently-one-chapter-of-five release of LHT, with Ken's stepping-around-the-fact-that-there's-more-delays statements about the current state of LSC, as seen by the latter's most vocal fanboy.

Plus, seeing that phrase just makes me bewildered.

I'm just going to add my two cents on this: I find it far more likely that anybody who has such claims and acts in such a manner is simply a troll who finds it very easy to get a rise out of angered people. People like this know it's a sensitive subject and will attack whenever possible. i doubt he's a fan, probably doesn't really care about Sonic or Penders. Just knows it's easy bait.

Really, it'd be better to entirely ignore him, don't engage him even on Twitter.

Edited by WittyUsername®
  • Thumbs Up 5

Sorry, it's just that I could help but compare Flynn's currently-one-chapter-of-five release of LHT, with Ken's stepping-around-the-fact-that-there's-more-delays statements about the current state of LSC, as seen by the latter's most vocal fanboy.

Plus, seeing that phrase just makes me bewildered.

*nod* Yeah, THAT is in fact a very legitimate thing to point out, I forgot to add. Flynn actually has a job, and up until very recently was working on four books, and is still working on the two. This was always meant to be for free, something done in his spare time, and from the start there was always a 'it will get done when I have time to get it done' vibe from the whole thing. Contrast Penders, who has no employment that we know of and has had nothing BUT time, disrupted only by the occassional personal reasons that he's bothered to reveal. He doesn't have nearly as good an excuse to justify it taking so long after the trial's end. 

This just kind of reminds me about how his wiki entry on the Star Trek wiki points out that he had issues with quality and getting stuff done on time during the brief time he was working on Star Trek. Even if he really does want to see it through, I just don't think he has any real ability to get things done in a timely fashion. He jury rigged at least one of his displays for ComicCon from several different pre-existing pictures, days before it was time to start things. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Or long story short: Penders has been talking out if his ass for three years straight.

Oh, I'm sure he's been doing that for far longer. It just took a while for most of us to realize it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh, I'm sure he's been doing that for far longer. It just took a while for most of us to realize it.

Amen to that. I've looked over archived statements by him from years ago, specifically a preserved page from the time when he and Bollers were feuding. It's freakish that he sounds EXACTLY the same then as he does now. 

• Thumbs Up 6

So wait, Penders wants to take action on Lost Hedgehog Tales? Which neither Ian nor anybody makes even a single penny off of?

Why? What does he have to gain for taking legal action for something Ian's doing for free?

So wait, Penders wants to take action on Lost Hedgehog Tales? Which neither Ian nor anybody makes even a single penny off of?

Why? What does he have to gain for taking legal action for something Ian's doing for free?

Would anyone be surprised if he just came out and admitted that he wants to make Ian's life miserable however he can? Not saying that's the case, but would anyone be surprised?

• Thumbs Up 2

Making everyone miserable is for fun, legal action is for profit. And here we thought he couldn't multitask.

• Thumbs Up 1

Making everyone miserable is for fun, legal action is for profit. And here we thought he couldn't multitask.

Though, in Penders's case, legal action never seems to end with him receiving the damages he's seeking.

At this point, if he really is trying to drag Flynn into this because of LHT, I'm assuming there's a Guiness record for most petty conflict he's looking to get.

I don't believe that there's presently any evidence that Penders's new legal caterwauling has anything to do with LHT; he's just doing his best to mention both at the same time.  I'm not sure if it's just tactless, or if he really does just want to get Flynn's appreciators riled to no end.  Either is plausible.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't believe that there's presently any evidence that Penders's new legal caterwauling has anything to do with LHT; he's just doing his best to mention both at the same time.  I'm not sure if it's just tactless, or if he really does just want to get Flynn's appreciators riled to no end.  Either is plausible.

Yeah. It doesn't help that, let's face it, Penders really is an incredibly petty individual who would probably leap at even the most vague chance to get Flynn or Archie in trouble. It makes it hard to gauge. I'm MOSTLY certain that this is over the Impact reprints and he's just blowing smoke out of his ass, but given how incredibly vague he is about everything, I wonder at times, if, maybe, he really is getting into a bitch fit over LHT. Which would make no sense, but then Penders doesn't make a lot of sense a lot of the times.

We're just going to have to wait until a credible source of information can confirm things.

• Thumbs Up 5