Awoo.

Sonic Runn..er wait... "SSMB YOU CREATED A TIME PARADOX!"

Badnik Mechanic

Five bucks they've scrapped the parkour.

They said parkour was a one time thing, that might come back if well received. So they didn't scrap it, they just never had any proper intention of bringing it back. That'll be 5 bucks. :P

I'm hoping for an epic E3 reveal trailer or something.

It'd be so sublime.

Two Sonic subjects for E3. Fucking excellent!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah and that whole article is based on the interview I linked too... which makes absolutely no mention at all of the next Sonic Game.

So where are they getting that information from? 

It would probably help if we had someone here that spoke Japane-

WHERE'S SONIKKU

• Thumbs Up 1

We're actually going to hear more about this game earlier than expected? O.O Well, my expectations are low for this until we actually see something but hopefully it'll be a teaser trailer at E3, similar to Sonic 06 being shown at E3 a whole year before it actually came out. OR it could be a new Sonic 4.

WHERE'S SONIKKU

I'm on it!

Wasn't this already confirmed earlier? Oh well. I'll be happy if this game has a refined version of the Lost World gameplay despite Lost World getting critically panned. But rmember, Sonic Unleashed was hated by the "professional" reviewers, but the boost still stayed for a whole longer. Speaking of which, when will Sonic Team just stick to one formula already? I'm getting kind of tired of them changing the move set every few years.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looked through that Iizuka interview in Google Translate and I can't see any mention of a new Sonic game. I can't even see Boom mentioned. It's also dated March 28th, so if it had mention of a new Sonic game, we'd have heard of it by now.

Wasn't this already confirmed earlier? Oh well. I'll be happy if this game has a refined version of the Lost World gameplay despite Lost World getting critically panned. But rmember, Sonic Unleashed was hated by the "professional" reviewers, but the boost still stayed for a whole longer. Speaking of which, when will Sonic Team just stick to one formula already? I'm getting kind of tired of them changing the move set every few years.

The difference is that critics loved the Daytime gameplay despite everything else they deemed wrong with Unleashed, hence why literally everything but that style and the art was scrapped. Lost World has a much more decidedly singular gameplay style, thus critics were going to be less likely to single out any one gameplay element as "the thing that got dragged down by everything else and would make a fine game on its own."

It would probably help if we had someone here that spoke Japane-

WHERE'S SONIKKU

I'm on it!

Hey....?

• Thumbs Up 2

Excuse me, gentlemen: if it, like people say, doesn't mention the next Sonic nor Sonic Boom, what is the point of this interview?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's safe to say that Sonic Team are working on something. I mean, that's pretty much a given. But the "info this year" is what's weird. Like, the game is almost definitely not going to be out this year, and SEGA hasn't announced a Sonic game that early in...as far as I can remember.

I am scared to find out what "traditional" means to Sonic Team

(Responding more to everyone who's fixated on this rather than you specifically.)

1) It seems pretty obvious at this point that the article made that point up out of nowhere, probably.

2) Even if they did say something like that, I don't see what everyone's problem with it is. In the context (see: Sonic Boom), it's very obvious what they would mean by such a statement. With all the "lol traditional doesn't mean much for Sonic anymore ecks dee I'm definitely the only person to say this!!", Sonic Boom ~somehow~ manages to look almost completely different from what we associate with the normal Sonic experience. If SEGA/Sonic Team ever refers to their own thing as traditional Sonic, they'll probably mean "the original continuity".

'Kay. Now what was it that we needed translated again?

Here's what I want in the upcoming Sonic game in 2015.

1:  Bring back Boosting Formula back.

2: Gameplay in the mould of the Adventure games and Unleashed. Hopefully the gameplay is better than both of those games.

3: 100 rings= 1 life.

4: As it will probably in 3D, I want consistent gameplay, no annoying glitches.

5: Level design to be great I want more of the same great 3D levels that we got in SA1, SA2 and Unleashed.

6: Local co-op multiplayer and online multiplayer.

7: Fun mini-games. like Sonic Adventure DX.

8: Other characters playable preferably Tails, Knuckles and Amy as they are other main heroes apart from Sonic.

9: Also would like to see the likes of Shadow and Silver, to appear not neccessarily as Playable characters . But, for them to make a appearance. Altough I want to play as Shadow again in a main game.

10: A good storyline which is not too cheesy.

Was there any mention on continuing sonic 4?

Pretty sure Iizuka said around the time Episode 2 came out that they'd planned that one as the last episode, though that might be due to the backlash to Episode 1 and simply cutting their losses by finishing the series early. There's some "to be continued..." assets found in the files for Episode 2 that suggested there would be an Episode 3 involving the Master Emerald, but it's unlikely we'll ever see it come to light.

I would find it hilariously ironic though if the big new Sonic game for PS4/Xbox One turns out to be a basic 2D platformer though :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

'Kay. Now what was it that we needed translated again?

4Gamer:

追加DLCの配信も「ゼルダの伝説Zone」が最後ということで,そろそろ次回作の構想などが明らかにされるのではと勘ぐってしまうのですが,現段階でお話ししていただけることはありますか?

飯塚氏:

次回作と呼べるものについては,時期的にもまだお話できることはありません(笑)。

ソニックが出る作品としては,「ソニック&オールスターレーシング TRANSFORMED」(PS3/Wii U)が5月15日に日本でも発売されることが決定しました。なかなか日本版が発売できなくて,待っていた方には申し訳なかったのですが,制作0

And again, the entire interview doesn't mention the next Sonic game. 

2) Even if they did say something like that, I don't see what everyone's problem with it is. In the context (see: Sonic Boom), it's very obvious what they would mean by such a statement. With all the "lol traditional doesn't mean much for Sonic anymore ecks dee I'm definitely the only person to say this!!", Sonic Boom ~somehow~ manages to look almost completely different from what we associate with the normal Sonic experience. If SEGA/Sonic Team ever refers to their own thing as traditional Sonic, they'll probably mean "the original continuity".

I don't think that would be the case considering Boom is not coming to Japan, thus there's a distinct lack of context to compare the two branches in a Japanese interview than there would be in a western one. It's not that people are making a funny either (or at least some of them aren't); it's that Sonic Team continues to try to find a single gameplay style that they can stick with, thus a "traditional" game could basically mean anything we have seen before in a major capacity, especially with the Parkour mechanics' continuation up in the air at this point.

you want me to translate the whole page or a certin part like what you have?

I doubt Sonic 4 is being continued. I believe Ken Balough said that they'd continue it if Episode II was well received, and it got mixed reviews.

you want me to translate the whole page or a certin part like what you have?

The whole page if possible please.