Awoo.

NIntendo direct 18/12/2013

Inkling Cooper

How long will it be available for? I only have 2200 stars at the moment, and it's 250 stars per game...

THIS is the big problem I have with the Stars Catalogue, that and the fact they implemented the expire after a year rule. You have to spend mega bucks to earn these stars and anything worthwhile is always way out of range. I've lost a good couple of thousand stars I got years ago from the GC/GBA and Wii/DS days because of the expiry thing because I was saving them up and couldn't find anything worth spending them on before they expired. 

How long will it be available for? I only have 2200 stars at the moment, and it's 250 stars per game...

I suppose it's until stock lasts, since it's a limited edition reward.

Don't forget eShop games also count as redeemable Stars!

THIS is the big problem I have with the Stars Catalogue, that and the fact they implemented the expire after a year rule. You have to spend mega bucks to earn these stars and anything worthwhile is always way out of range. I've lost a good couple of thousand stars I got years ago because of the expiry thing because I was saving them up and couldn't find anything worth spending them on before they expired. 

I know that feel, man. The same problem applies to any Club Nintendo codes; I haven't redeemed any Stars for at least 3 years and now that finally something worthy comes up on the Stars Catalogue I gotta redeem as many codes as possible. So far I've missed 500 Stars because two retail games I have on my collection have their codes expired. >_<

I really do wish the system was implemented better. You're paying for thousands of pounds worth of games to buy stuff that costs less than a hundred. It needs to be a direct or half-cut transfer of pounds to points to be worthwhile, but no. We have to contend with expiry after a year and a low amount of points per game.

As for the Direct and Mario Kart 8, I've given my predictions as to what will happen in my blog, but as a summary

-Rainbow Road finished off the SNES tracks in this and future Mario Kart's, so there won't be any here.

-There will be thirty characters in the roster split between Mario Kart 7's five classes.

-Dixie Kong, Rock Luigi and Lubba will be new characters while all twenty characters from Double Dash make an appearance.

-Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64 will wrap up the N64 tracks, and with it will be Yoshi Valley and Royal Raceway.

-It is possible that the cup amount will be increased.

*ND bingo pic*

We would have gotten a bingo if MT X FE was mention...

oc8r.png

I fixed it! BINGO!

• Thumbs Up 5