Awoo.

NIntendo direct 18/12/2013

Inkling Cooper

People said SLW was like a Mario game... Oh boy are they going to flip shit when they see this hahaha..

• Thumbs Up 6

Iwata also hinted at Zelda-themed DLC. This is gonna be amazing. They're both free, btw.

Also, NES Remix! Classic NES content with mixed and matched silliness and new challenges! Hoo, boy!

THE YEAR OF LUIGI ISN'T OVER. DR. LUIGI IS IN THE HOUSE, BITCHES.

*Yoshi's Island Sonic Lost World DLC*

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!! YEPYEPYEPYEPYEPYEP!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!

Oh yeah, also some Legend of Zelda Lost World DLC coming soon. NEAT!

THE YEAR OF LUIGI ISN'T OVER. DR. LUIGI IS IN THE HOUSE, BITCHES.

2014, year of Dr. Luigi.

2015, year of Dr. Luigi's Malpractice Lawsuit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hyrule Warriors made me go WUT but then I was like ok that's awesome I need it!

And lol at SLW DLC being Nintendo related! It looks great, but I don't think the SEGA die hards are gonna like this much since the game is like Mario galaxy in almost every way.

Dr. Luigi.

Well, I like Dr. Mario! And Luigi is Luigi! So yeah, all's good!

Rosalina in Smash! Nice!

Rosalina looks fucking amazeballs in Smash, dat HD hnnngh!

Makes me wish we got a Galaxy 3 more now :c

Rosalina and Luma confirmed for Smash Bros, and after that bait and switch, actual Mario Kart 8 footage has been shown! Sakurai, you trolling motherfucker, well played.

Also... Wait, the babies are back in Mario Kart? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, people did want a Sonic and Mario crossover platformer. What better way to do it than with free DLC?

I bet they had this planned all along.

As for the other stuff, looks interesting, and that Mario Kart footage looked ace. But nothing beats that CG Smash Bros trailer.

So I basically just have Yoshi's New Island to look forward to. Man I wish Dr.Luigi was available for 3DS. and that  sonic lost world dlc

That was a really odd Nintendo Direct.  So many unexpected crossovers and self-references.  It looks great, but I can't help but feel concerned that it'll wind up being a little bit inward-looking rather than embracing new ideas (and especially non-Mario ideas).  Also, I'm disappointed that the future Yoshi's New Island levels didn't appear to be in different art styles, which was something that we had been told to expect, but I think the announcement that Takashi Tezuka is working on the game was meant to allay some of the concerns about its quality.

By the way, non-Europeans, you just missed Satoru Shibata cosplaying as Professor Layton.  He'd costumed himself as Phoenix Wright on a previous occasion, too.  Who will he dress up as next?  The way things are going, probably Rosalina.

Edit: Someone in the comments on the European stream kept on asking for Shin Megami Tensei IV.  Yeah, we're never going to get that at this point, are we.  Fortunately I get the impression that it's not actually all it's cracked up to be.

THE HYPE BEGINS

Dr. Luigi = great, NES Remix = great, Hyrule Warriors = great and many hype even if not Zelda U, Mario Kart 8 = great, Ros in Smash = HYPE

Wow, would ya look at all the sections of Mario Kart that just scream F-Zero...

Don't remind me ;_;

At first, I was all, "Kirby found Rainbow Road? KIRBY IN MK8?"

But then I was all, "Oh, it's Smash. Fuck you, Nintendo."

Wow, would ya look at all the sections of Mario Kart that just scream F-Zero...

Official video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_gYzv02SQ

Rosalina and Luma confirmed for Smash Bros, and after that bait and switch, actual Mario Kart 8 footage has been shown! Sakurai, you trolling motherfucker, well played.

Also... Wait, the babies are back in Mario Kart? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But look!

i87n.png

DID YOU THINK MALLEO KART WII WAS THE LAST YOU WOULD SEE OF WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH LUIGI?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, the Direct is over, and...

I'd say it was pretty great overall. A new Zelda spinoff that looks pretty damn rad, two Nintendo-themed sets of Lost World DLC (one of which is out for free), Rosalina in Smash Bros, and new stuff for other games coming out next year.

As far as new stuff goes, I'm most interested in how Hyrule Warriors will turn out. It'll be a neat stop-gap until a true HD Zelda comes out. Link and his equipment certainly have interesting new designs this time around, and it seems like there's gonna be customization, too.

I can't believe how much of a troll Sakurai is. KIRBY IN MARIO KART! KIRBY IN.. MARIO KART? WAIT.. NO.. ROSALINA IN.. MARIO KART? WHAT NO THAT'S SMA-... WHAT?

basically how my mind went during that section.

Also they kind of have to put Kirby in Mario Kart now. They owe us.

• Thumbs Up 4