Awoo.

NIntendo direct 18/12/2013

Inkling Cooper

Such a damn good Direct. Every title on there looked great. Still absolutely hyped for Bravely Default, Hyrule Warriors looks hype as fuck, ROSALINA IN SMASH yes thank you, Mario Kart 8 looks fan-freakin'-tastic, Dr. Luigi FINALLY...

Dammit Nintendo why you keep doing this to me I'm not made of money

Damn it Nintendo, you have this trailer oppurtunity for a possible Kirby Air Ride 2/Kirby in MK8 and then you flip the switch on us with Rosalina. Even though the Smash Bros trailer was fucking great anyway

Overall marking:
Hyrule Warriors - 7/10, was never really interested in Dynasty Warriors but I'll give this a try
Kirby Triple Deluxe - 9/10 and that Kirby Brawlers thing looks great
Yoshi's New Island - Not Interested/10
Pokemon Bank - FREE CELEBI/10
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Cranky/10
Sonic Lost World DLC - what/10
NES Remix - 6/10, I'll probably buy it next time I get a £5 code from the Digital Deluxe Promotion
Dr. Luigi - 8/10, nice to see that the Year of Luigi is still happening. Oh, and that Statue that you can get on Club Nintendo looks great too.
Smash Bros - 10/10, GOTYAY
Mario Kart 8 - 8/10, looks nice and that beanstalk stage looks pretty fun. Still peaved at the fact that Kirby wasn't in Mario Kart 8 or in a new Air Ride but I'll get over it

Now we wait for the Smash Bros site to update...

That was a great Nintendo Direct, with some unexpected twists! My highlights were Hyrule Warriors which looks great, Yoshi's Island DLC for Sonic, Mario Kart 8 and Rosalina in Smash which is...just hnnnnghh!!

Actually, when me and my partner first saw the trailer, we thought it was going to be a sequel to Air Ride! Now that would've been something!

Forgot to mention Kirby Triple Deluxe which looks adorable BUT still not official release date for the west. How long still~?

Its really cool that Nintendo is doing all of these cross overs! Zelda X Dynasty Warriors (who would think that fits so well) and Sonic X Yoshi (and the hinted Zelda one) look really awesome. My favorite part was Roseanna reveal for Smash, as it was such a troll move; it looked like it Kirby was joining Mario Kart with everyone racing, but nope, another character for Smash along with first gameplay fotage of the Mario Galaxy stage.

Really good Nintendo Direct, and I cant wait to see what is announced in future ones :).

Hyrule Warriors - Never played what this is a crossover with so not hugely interested, though it's very cool to see Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time enemies side by side in 3D.

Yoshi's New Island - Still firmly taking the definition of "New" from New Super Mario Bros.  Not being a big Yoshi's Island fan, I'm still left unimpressed.  Art style is still really awkward to me.  It's like it's trying to be Island and Story at the same time and they're just not blending well.

NES Remix - This looks kinda fun, and it's a cool concept.  NES games have aged pretty badly in the sense that you can only get enjoyment out of them by putting in a lot of time and effort, as you would if you were a kid and this was "your only game".  A "best bits" compilation with clear instructions and none of the frustration of starting all over again after a Game Over is a good idea, might grab it!

Dr. Luigi - Pretty cool though phew £13 feels way too much for this.  It's not an unreasonable price, but I kinda wish people who already own Wiiware Dr. Mario could get a discount considering you're only getting two new modes.

Rosalina in Smash Bros. - Trailer was amazing (even if it was a cocktease, I thought Kirby was gonna be in Mario Kart 8 too), and Rosalina looks so so gorgeous all Smashified with extra detail on her character model.  I am very eager to try maining her on the side from Yoshi and Sonic.

Mario Kart 8 trailer - Looks great, I'm so glad Mario Kart never fails to introduce inventive new locations every game.  However ugh I am annoyed that the music is still of Mario Kart Double Dash midi quality.  It does not match the visual splendor at all, this game really needs an energetic live music soundtrack like 3D World.

I think I'm in the minority that don't like Rosalina in Smash Bros.

Still better than half of Brawl's newcomers, though, I'll give it that

This was a FANTASTIC Developers Direct.

The only thing I didn't like was Hyrule Warriors, I thought it maybe would've made more sense to do that with Fire Emblem instead, but whatever.

The only thing I didn't like was Hyrule Warriors, I thought it maybe would've made more sense to do that with Fire Emblem instead, but whatever.

Nothing stopping them from trying that if Hyrule Warriors does well, I say.

-The Zelda crossover looks really interesting. I don't know anything about Dynasty Warriors, but the gameplay itself looks really fun. Digging the designs too.

-New Nintendo-themed DLC for Sonic Lost World? Cool. It's FREE? OK, I'm sold. I'll have to check out the Yoshi zone later (hopefully it's not just one level).

-Next year is "The Year of Rosalina." Calling it now. She looks like she'll be a cool addition to the Smash cast, really interested in seeing how she plays. Kinda funny that her teaser trailer for Smash was made to look like a Mario Kart game. That's pretty misleading, especially since I see people who are disappointed by the lack of Kirby in Mario Kart (it's a bummer, but I don't care about Mario Kart, so... eh.) Kind of a shame she made the roster but Skull Kid didn't though...

-Already knew about the DK stuff, but it's nice to see a trailer. Cranky looks like he'll be a lot of fun!

I skipped all the 3DS and Wii Sports stuff since none of it is relevant to me (I don't own a 3DS and don't care about Wii Sports). Too bad there's no "X" to be seen yet, but I can't say there weren't some interesting bits this time around. Next year should (hopefully) be a good year for Nintendo and the Wii U (because they freakin' NEED IT).

Best Nintendo Direct in such a long time. From DKC, to Doctor Luigi? Kirby, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart? 2014 should redeem the Wii U just like the second year for the 3DS. Im hoping! 

Oh...and how can I forget Zelda?!

First Nintendo Direct that actually surprised me with its reveals- and that's not just because of lowered expectations. Well done, Nintendo. 

The opening to the Rosalina trailer made me want a new Kirby's Air Ride. Granted, I thought the actual racing in that game was pretty tripe, bogged down by overly simplified controls, poor balance, and tons of invisible walls. But I'm not even kidding when I say I'd pay $60 for more City Trial. I could play that for hours

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic's getting more envolved with other nintendo franchises wow that was awesome, the fact the level was easy but its just the fact that it's from a different Franchise, and we are also getting  zelda? Damn  i'm hype for the next level.

Hrule warriors may be the first Zelda game I'll want to get. 

Back home from work, watched the Direct and... I'm disappointed. Glad Tropical Freeze finally has a release date, Kirby Triple Deluxe looks great and it's awesome to have Rosalina in Smash Bros, but everything else was just underwhelming. I mean, Mario Kart 8 is due Spring 2014, but STILL no release date? Was also hoping for more Bayonetta 2 news, rather than a new hack n slash Zelda game.

Several hours later, this Nintendo Direct left me with pretty good vibes. Listing out some of my highlighted impressions:

Hyrule Warriors: This one totally caught me off guard. A Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors crossover? It can be a potential Zelda spin-off, and a good entry in the Dynasty Warriors series. While I am keen on beat 'em up / hack 'n slash games, this might be my first taste of the Dynasty Warriors series. So far, count me in! =)

Kirby Triple Deluxe: More good details about this game are always welcome, and it looks great so far! The two minigames (Kirby Fighters and Dedede's Drum Dash) look pretty entertaining, and I hope they live to the standards of those seen in Mass Attack. Only one problem: no confirmed release date yet. The game is supposed to come out in Japan on 11th January. Hope they don't take too long for its localisation...

Yoshi's New Island: I am getting more interested in this game, especially after hearing that Takashi Tezuka is involved in this project. Might not be a day-one purchase, but certainly I have got my eyes on this game.

DK Tropical Freeze: A good way to wrap-up some already known details (including Cranky Kong), as well as showing a bit more information about the plot. Oh, and a final release date for Europe: 21st February is now marked on my calendar. Can't wait for some good ol' Dee Kay action. =3

NES Remix & Dr Luigi: Good to see new downloadable titles from Nintendo themselves for the Wii U's eShop! NES Remix could be quite a fun and challenging title to pick up and play, while Dr Luigi is... well, your good ol' Dr Mario reskinned as Luigi. I am more interested in NES Remix than in Dr Luigi, since I have played Dr Mario trillions of times in its many incarnations and £13.49 is a li'l bit too pricey for me, although I'll need some feedback before I decide whether I should give it a go or not.

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Gotta admit I haven't played both series to a larger extent than I wish, yet I know the basic concepts of both games. Nevertheless, the plot looks very interesting alongside the blend of both series' gameplays into action. Might secure a copy of this game for myself in the future, now that it's scheduled for 23rd March.

Smash Bros: Okay, this left me confused at first. There I was thinking it was gonna be a Kirby Air Ride sequel or remake with Kirby's stellar entrance and the Intro / Fantasy Meadows theme from Air Ride playing in the background. Then the Rainbow Road appears and a bunch of Mario characters racing: a Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart crossover? o.o Then I see Luma... Luma and Kirby racing together? o_ô And theeen... Rosalina joins the battle for Smash Bros! Talk about a presentation! Yet I loved it. I love Rosalina, she is one of my absolute favourites in the series, and her introduction to Smash Bros couldn't have been any better: she seems a very promising character with a very interesting move list, and the best of all, she is totally unique, so no clone of Peach whatsoever! Totally awesome! =D

Mario Kart 8: What else can I say about this? Looks gorgeous, with plenty of characters returning back such as the Babies (Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy), good ol' Waluigi, and Rosalina, and most importantly, looks as fun as it ever could be. Yet is dated for Spring 2014... I hope to God it comes out somewhere in April!

Aside from these highlights, Celebi as a Pokémon Bank freebie, new (and free!) Sonic Lost World's DLCs, Golf joins Wii Sports Club, and Super Mario Bros Deluxe as a Nintendo Network ID reward. Overall, a pretty good Nintendo Direct: seems like both 3DS and Wii U is starting to shape a good line-up for the first half of the year. =D

My favourite part of the Direct? This bad boy right here:

original.jpg

Instantly nabbed one as soon as I saw it!

NEED!

How long will it be available for? I only have 2200 stars at the moment :(

My favourite part of the Direct? This bad boy right here:

original.jpg

Instantly nabbed one as soon as I saw it!

I'mma still counting stars! Hope I have got enough to grab one though; I seriously do want this beauty... ;w;

Especially since Nintendo of Europe FINALLY decided to put something really worthy to acquire for once in a long time!

• Thumbs Up 1