Awoo.

NIntendo direct 18/12/2013

Inkling Cooper

Ooooooh....

.....eh......

I'm not getting my hopes up. I would like to find out what the 3rd exclusive Sonic game is.

Wait.....3.....Half Life 3.....never happening....I was 3 once.... 3rd Nintendo exclusive.....only 3 Wii U's sold....Sonic Adventure 3 confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Santa Yoshi is here to give you guys a sneak peek at what will come tomorrow. Since I am making my rounds to see what fans want and sending the list to Nintendo for Christmas gifts. The first 30 minutes is going to be an loop of Mr. Iwata saying Please understand and bowing. Followed by 10 minutes of Reggie saying my body is ready. Then Miyamoto's face will appear on the screen laughing for 5 minutes followed by one game announcement and then it ends

That would be better reserved for a April Fools Day Direct, no?

I'm guessing one of the things that'll be announced are Turbografx/PC Engine and MSX games coming to Wii U Virtual Console.

Turbografx/PC Engine is also coming to 3DS. Really weird considering how Hudson is practically dead, I wonder if Konami suddenly realised they need to be less shit?

Now what I wanna know is, where the hell is the digital SEGA support for Wii U? I've been wanting that for like a year now!

No. It's just a Nintendo Direct Bingo card made by some random user. 99% of those games are already announced so it's not like there's something big there.

8BtvlJD.gif

I think it's reasonable to expect something in the Direct that won't be releasing until past the Spring 2014 date, yes.  Nintendo would be smart to try and keep us sweet with things we don't know too much about yet.

On the subject of Yoshi's New Island, I believe the only release date standing for it at the moment is "2014," but we've actually known about it since Spring 2013, so unless they're doing a major overhaul on it - which, to be fair, a lot of people did want even based on what little we knew about it - then I think Spring 2014 wouldn't be an unreasonable release period for it.  I'm certainly hoping to see some more from that game.  As for Yarn Yoshi, apparently we first learnt about that way back in January 2013?  Back then it was just concept art and some placeholder footage, so I would imagine they'd have something actually worth showing by now.  Ditto Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei and X, at that.  But I also wouldn't be surprised to see them make it a round year and not talk about those until January.

So yeah, definite emphasis on things we already know about, including probably some technically current releases - Bravely Default is out in Europe but not America, Mario Party: Island Tour is out in America but not in Europe - because they'll also want to remind people of what they could be buying for Christmas.  But I do expect to see something that we haven't already heard all about.

ttt.png

image.png

Very rough translation: Nintendo Direct is, it starts suddenly at any time. 23:00 today.

oh my gosh

is it happening

I want Sega games on the Virtual Console, Metroid 5, a deal with Disney to have Retro Studios develop a new Nintendo-exclusive Star Wars adventure game, a new F-Zero game developed by Sega. Come the fuck on, Nintendo, pull your fist out, we have almost nothing solid on what's coming when in 2014 that isn't in some way Mario-related (Smash, DK, MK).

Hyrule warriors looking sweet!

Zelda x Dynasty Warriors? Never thought I'd say do want with that!

Do want!

New Yoshi's Island time!

Yoshi's New Island... Well, I like it that it shows off multi-color yoshis now, but it still didn't show much. At least Iwata confirmed that Yoshi will have special abilities to be revealed at a later date.