Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

It wasn't ALL clothing infused with life fibres, it was stuff made by REVOC only, Ragyo made everyone believe it was the next generation in fashion and mass produced COVERS all over the world to the rich and the poor to bewitch them into thinking she was top of the market.

The stuff the students wore and Aikuro and Tsumugu wore during their initial introduction were just normal clothing, Aikuro was also undercover at the time and had to hide any fact or lead that he was indeed spying for Nudist Beach when he had no idea that Satsuki and her school were actually preparing for a full scale war with REVOC & COVERS.

By the point they became full nudists, it was for 2 reasons. 1. It was too risky to wear clothing and it was better off being nude so they could identify their own from possible COVER spies/drones 2. It's also probably down to budget too, easier to draw and mass produce a character with hardly any details like clothing, it would explain why Aikuro and Tsumugu spent 6 episodes in those DTR mechas too.

But like I said, if she infused all clothing with life fibres then she wouldn't have made the audience dress up nicely for the "great event" at Honnoji Academy before Satsuki betrayed her.

When you think about it, there's a lot of serious undertone to the events in KILL la KILL, what Fanbase Divison said about the Kamui's is also true, this is why Ryuuko was shut out and couldn't hear her friends and Senketsu on a deeper level like normally, because Junketsu was pretty much more clothing than skimpy when she wore him, it took Mako and Senketsu actually getting inside Junketsu to get to Ryuuko to snap her out of her mind wash.

I'd also argue saying Ragyo pretty much controlled the fashion world outside of Honnoji Academy and Satsuki purposely let the people live in rags and slum it to prevent Ragyo from turning her people against her, so through her cruelty, she was actually saving them all, Honnoji wasn't just a school/academy, it was a fortress of protection to keep Ragyo away from them.

• Thumbs Up 6

I thought Glass gave a pretty fair review, and it addressed pretty much all of the problems I felt were within the show. Only thing I didn't really agree on was his over emphasis on the fanservice, in that while it may turn some people off, I felt it kinda of took away from the review itself. Otherwise, solid points.

I almost certainly agree about the absurd amount of fanservice. Though the show has its reasons plot wise for it there were several design choices that were unnecessary honestly about the Kamui outfit. 

And for the love of god anime creators STOP making girls fight in high heels 

• Thumbs Up 2

Found a mashup that I thought I'd share with you all:

Ping Pong Circulate (Inmuta/Sanageyma theme)/Technopathetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlq_ZUitVM

Admittedly it's a little hard to hear Inmuta's theme but the 2 beats together work really well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sapphire's English Cover on the second opening. It's really grown on me. 

I'm starting to miss this show

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I disagree with (to an extent) is saying that the fanservice is there "just because"...well, that's if you're talking about the Kamui's.

Satsuki did explain in Episode 21 (I think) that if a Kamui fully covers you then it'll take over you, and in order to counteract this, you have to find a balance between nakedness and coverage to have control over the Kamui and benefit from its power.

As for Nudist Beach...yeah, I have nothing.

You're kinda confusing cause and effect, the in universe explanation for the appearance of the kamuis exists because of the real work fanservice, not the other way around.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the real world fanservice exists because of the nudist philosophy which was used because of a pun about fashion and fascism, so eh?

Hey remember what poll I posted from a few pages back and Satsuki won? Well apparently, others feel differently

tumblr_n3x9ivRLp51r7c87xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3x9ivRLp51r7c87xo3_250.jpg

This show should have went on a little bit longer. :(

And who else here dislikes Mako's character?

SPEAKING OF MAKO, for those who care and follow them,  Podtaku have their discussion of the series out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfWEN26XU_c&feature=youtu.be

Warning, excessive opinions that you may or may not agree with..particularly if you're a Mako fan.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to burst your bubble guys, but an official epilogue has been discovered.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't mean to burst your bubble guys, but an official epilogue has been discovered.

Speedosausage is freaking hysterical, if a bit creepy at times.

I find it disturbing that, that didn't feel all that different from the source material. XD

...It does doesn't it.

So...what do you think Satsuki will do with Ryuko now that they are one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...It does doesn't it.

So...what do you think Satsuki will do with Ryuko now that they are one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never losing her way again