Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

The Sonic comparisons are fairly superficial honestly.

I mean seriously, how many anime have the main character be empowered in some way to combat the final battle. Sonic isn't the only series to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Insert every shonen ever made*

Overall show was a fun ride, didn't expect much from it really, so I can't say I'm disappointed with how it ended, kind of expected this actually lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAktlhyXprI 

KILL la KILL episode 25 will be a Honnōji Academy graduation OVA, coming September with the final volume of the Blu-Ray/Limited edition DVD.

• Thumbs Up 5

I kind of feel bad for Trigger- KLK was implicitly tasked with upstaging or at least being on par with Gurren Lagann.  In a way, I feel like that they knew they couldn't possibly do that on a shoestring budget and tried to compensate by making its ad-hocness an intentional part of its charm.  It worked sometimes; the rapid, tweeny animation could be really hilarious and attention grabbing but as Carbo pointed out, it worked against the action sequences.  I think it would have been better off if they focused more on making a rapid-fire comedy like FLCL than a condensed ADHD shoujo extraveganza.  It was a really fun show with awesome characters.  Just wish they could have had a more focused story arc to take them on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAktlhyXprI 

KILL la KILL episode 25 will be a Honnōji Academy graduation OVA, coming September with the final volume of the Blu-Ray/Limited edition DVD.

Expect a love proclamation from Gamagori and everyone's ship finally becoming canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Insert every shonen ever made*

Overall show was a fun ride, didn't expect much from it really, so I can't say I'm disappointed with how it ended, kind of expected this actually lol.

You managed to predict a naked touch-down-to-Earth pile-up!? O_O

Huehuehuehuehue.

I feel like comparing this to TTGL is extremely unfair. Sure, it's the same director, but it's an entirely different genre.

Expect a love proclamation from Gamagori and everyone's ship finally becoming canon.

Are you saying he chickened out during the girl's date?

XJ5kB4G.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

Haven't posted my thoughts on the finale yet... And I think I should say something about the entire series as well.

So, the finale... Well, I'm gonna have to echo what most have said here. The pacing felt pretty rushed, and at times a little cliche. Despite that, It still was a fun ride. And after the somewhat sad ending of Gurren Lagann and the "What the Hell just happened" ending of Panty and Stocking, I was actually pleased we got a pretty happy ending this time around. ("Pretty" being the key word... Poor Senketsu...;_;)That ending with Ryuko and Mako going on a date was cute... And Satsuki... <3

So my thoughts in the series? Well, I think one of my biggest gripes with it was that it was a little too... Safe? I mean, there really wasn't a lot of risks taken with the series, and not a lot of surprises throughout compared to, say, Gurren Lagann... Probably the biggest twist in the series was the reveal of Ragyo being Ryuuko's mom, therefore making Satsuki Ryuuko's sister, and while handled pretty well, even that wasn't a big surprise. 

However, the simplicity was made up with the edgy manga-esque artstyle and action Hiroyuki Imashi is known for, along with likable and memorable characters, and it's overall crazy atmosphere. And even though I said the surprises were not much, the way the show set up suspense would have me looking forward to the next one.

Overall, it was a pretty flawed here and there, but it was a lot of fun. It's was a fun ride and I look forward to seeing Trigger's next project in the future.

Also, I'm actually looking forward to the OVA... I was wondering what happened to the academy after everything that went on... September though? UUuuuuugghhh, this is gonna be a long wait.

One little thing, I was kinda bummed that we never got anything resembling a character for Junketsu, he was always just portrayed as a mindless beat that had to be tamed and I wish that we got any sort of look at his personality in relation to Senkentsu, maybe hear him talk to Satsuki once or twice? Just saiyan.

The whole point was that he COULDN'T have a personality, though. Senketsu had human in him, remember? Junketsu was just raw life fibers.

Yea, the entire nature of Life Fibers is to consume their host and grow; Junketsu serves a foil to Senketsu, the former acts on their basic instincts and tries to consume their host and needs extreme willpower to suppress, and the latter is far more benevolent due to having human DNA spliced in him and designed to fight alongside its wearer.

What would really be the point of even giving Junkentsu a personality that late in the game anyway?

Junketsu was hinted at being more than mere life fibers though,Satsuki just couldn't synchronise with him due to just being human, he did however pass off as being alive when Ryuuko tore him off he tried to crawl away before Satsuki stopped him, don't forget that ishin made Junketsu for Satsuki also.

I want to say yes,but I'm inclined to think Junketsu never had a voice at all, since Ryuuko didn't hear anything from him even when she donned him herself... Junketsu was superior to Senketsu in more than a few ways. I wonder if ishin intended for Junketsu to not have a voice, I do have my own theory, but it's just that,a theory.

Hey guys, time for some more mindfuckery with Trigger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUeZa_x2A8

Remember this scene? Sad right...truly Ryuko had a hard life, but wait. What did Isshin want to talk about at 00:55? Hmm. Maybe Ryuko's mother or sister? Or perhaps that she might have some fibers in her body hmmmmmmm?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really a mind fuck when he always planned to tell her whenever she was old enough to fulfil her actual prophecy as being the saviour of the world from COVERS, he just didn't expect Ragyo to catch up that quickly before he could relay the information onto her about her origins and goals. 

Its a mindfuck because you never really considered  exactly what he was gonna talk about; probably figured he was just gonna tell her about Senketsu and who really killed him and that's about it.

Surely telling her why they killed him would be telling her, her true origins anyway, but eh still don't see it as a mind fuck.

However I've just noticed upon watching the scene again, Ishin initially gave her a choice, to take the scissor blade, but be warned it comes with a cruel/heavy fate (saving the world by entering a war between alien clothing and humans) or not to, live a lonely life free from harm since they had no idea Ryuuko survived, in the end she'd still have died anyway if she took that path.

Mind you, Ryuko made the smart choice to get out of there, since Nui pretty much firebombed the place right after she got out.

Alternatively, she could've tried to get her father out of the house, but that would've still lowered both their chances of survival anyway...

I've just started kill la kill today. I probably won't be paying too much attention to this thread since I don't want to be spoiled, however I can safely say I am in love with this show. I am looking forward to when it gets it dubbed so I can pay attention to only the animation and not at this half way point with just words in the bottom of the screen.