Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

So will the Blu-Ray version eventually be made viewable online?

Well since we've had a week to cool down and process some stuff, what did you guys think of the series overall?Loved it, Hated it, disappointed, or satisfied?

It was alright for what it was. I loved the characters and soundtrack, and it kept me entertained for 6 months. The plot was kinda.....bad, not terrible....just not very good. The series didn't really go anywhere for 16 episodes, and plagued to the brim with padding at times.

Basically, a good watch if you're more forgiving of its faults.

So will the Blu-Ray version eventually be made viewable online?

Well, they'll be uploaded online but illegally and generally subs take forever to be released (for some reason) or not released at all.

Well since we've had a week to cool down and process some stuff, what did you guys think of the series overall?Loved it, Hated it, disappointed, or satisfied?

It was alright for what it was. I loved the characters and soundtrack, and it kept me entertained for 6 months. The plot was kinda.....bad, not terrible....just not very good. The series didn't really go anywhere for 16 episodes, and plagued to the brim with padding at times.

I feel like people overhyped it for themselves and so it became a huge disappointment. I, personally, loved it for how.......FRESH it was. It didn't rely on moe girls or Cute Girls Doing Cute Things in school, it was an action show with hot-blooded protaginists and down-right disgusting villians (Well, Nui and Ragyo anyways.). It has it's faults, but what anime doesn't? It was an interesting, new concept and I'd love to see studios try to do more original stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's probably my 5th or 6th favorite anime right now (Granted I've watched less then 10 anime but still). I'm not gonna try to say it's perfect or without it's flaws, but it was a really fun ride all the way through. Characters are awesome and the soundtrack is fucking orgasmic (probably the best part of the whole show honestly). Plot kind of dragged in the middle and the final episode was rushed but at the beginning and end (even the rushed final episode) it was awesome, and one thing it did was always entertain me. Like I said before I had tons of fun riding the hype/pain train with you guys on here (and some of the peeps on Skype) and I even feel I've made a new friend or 2 through this show. So all in all, it was a very enjoyable ride and dammit I'm getting nostalgic already tongue.png. Great fun. Liked it a lot. 

This series felt like an amalgamation of Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, MegaMan Starforce, and Transformers.

I marathon the show so I didn't really have the same experience as any of you guys.

However I can safely say that I really enjoyed the ride all the way to the end. The show was filled to the brim with diverse animation; and while the characters weren't the best I could safely say that that I could live with them. The plot's silly premise and hammy moments had me laughing in my seat the whole way through.

The filler didn't really bug me at all since I was marathoning the whole thing; but I can sympathize with those who had to wait those long weeks for anything to happen. In the end; I feel the filler just added to the absurdity of the whole thing, which was fine by me.

Ryuko wasn't the most interesting main; but hey, she works. Her side cast was definitely the strongest point of the show.

And kudos to this show for making bad guys which I absolutely despised. I've never seen a shows with bad guys who I actually felt were more like monsters than this one here; so kudos.

After having time to process the show, and give it a re-watch from the beginning again in HD wide screen on my TV having owned the first 3 volumes on Blu-Ray, I have to say my overall impression is "Eh, it was good, but disappointing".

As nice as the show looks, blown up into crisp detail on the blu-ray release, you come to realize the budget of the show ten fold, and boy can you notice it. There's not much action at all, hell there's not much movement either! A lot of the action scenes are incredibly janky rough all around, which is understandable with the budget TRIGGER were using for the show, but damn does it make me rethink the praise I gave it before for it's exciting action when there really wasn't much there to begin with, I guess the zaniness bewitched me because it was certainly creative and fun to watch.

As I mentioned, some scenes were re-mastered and look loads better, most notably the scene where Ryuuko is taking a flurry of punches from Takaharu after she saves Mako and challenges him to a boxing round, the scene looks much better and flows much nicer than it was when it was aired, a lot more noticeable movement from the punches instead of the jarring and bare movement from the original airing. 

But overall I enjoyed it, I enjoyed it more for the characters and the art direction (The grunge is fucking gorgeous, especially on Honnōji's grounds and the city)but the ending did disappoint me greatly, here's hoping the Blu-Ray release will re-master and slow down the episode and the OVA/Episode 25 picks up and finishes off this series admirably and gives some decent closure to everything that happened during the course of the series, by that I mean some more sisterly moments, Gamagoori finally asking Mako out, some more info on Ryuuko's past maybe, Senketsu's death, is he really dead?, The student's graduation, life after the devastation caused in the series and generally how life has carried on after the life fiber scare.

One sentence: It took way too long to take off.

It takes 16 episodes for it to reach the actual plot of a 24 episode series.

Once it does take off, the plot is weird as hell, but at least it's original and interesting to watch.

My only complaint is whenever a "GREATEST ANIME OF THE YEAR" comes out, I feel obligated to watch it so I have context. 9/10 times it doesn't live up to it's hype. This was one of those times.

I went into this anime from the start knowing it wasn't going to be as good as it was hyped up to be, which I'm glad I did because it helped me deal with a lot of its faults better and still enjoy it in the end.

I wouldn't say its disappointing because it played out exactly as I thought it would, and it was still pretty good despite that. 

There are things I may dislike about the show, but there's really nothing I can say I absolutely despise about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd the show was strong. Initially jarring, strong animation, and the first half wasn't all that interesting until the tournament began against the Elite Four. Ever since then the show went on an upward spiral for me. A few questionable plot ideas but I thought it was overall a strong story with an interesting premise, some brilliant characters, strong soundtrack, all leading to unfortunate let down of an ending. 

I'd recommend it to people personally.

I was never really insanely hyped about this show in the first place; I just found it very fun to watch. I didn't even mind the finale, cliched as it was. Probably because I didn't really have any expectations. I just wanted to know what happened. And even for being so cliched, it was still a cool ending. I can't recall recall any episodes I disliked, either.

I'd the show was strong. Initially jarring, strong animation, and the first half wasn't all that interesting until the tournament began against the Elite Four. Ever since then the show went on an upward spiral for me. A few questionable plot ideas but I thought it was overall a strong story with an interesting premise, some brilliant characters, strong soundtrack, all leading to unfortunate let down of an ending.

I'd recommend it to people personally.

Okay, so, it does pick up? Because I finished the first episode and didn't really see the hype. What episode would you say it gets better?

There's no "one" episode it gets better, I think. To me it was 4 as I loved the limited but fun animation. Just do the normal "give this show 3/5 episodes to get good" thing most people do online watching animu.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so, it does pick up? Because I finished the first episode and didn't really see the hype. What episode would you say it gets better?

Stick with it, I think it has a weird charm that grows on you and after episode three's amazing fight sequence, and then once you get to double digit episodes it gets much better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not gonna sugar coat it, it takes a lot of episodes for the series to go anywhere meaningful.

If you don't stay for the animation, action, or music after episode 5, I'd just drop it.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know; rewatching that last episode. I've grown to like Satsuki's short hair. It's cute, even if not as grandiose and majestic as her old 'do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man I can't wait for today's new ep-......oh.

It should be today, but instead they have to drag it out 'till to infinity and beyond later this year.

I knew there was something drawing me back to this place. And that's a proper KLK thread.

It does, but it picks up gradually. By the time it has, you're either already hooked or have already dropped it.

Glass Reflection's review of the show.

If you don't know who he is, well, he's a pretty popular anime reviewer. I like his reviews.

Oh shit, he actually reviewed it? I'll look at that later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I disagree with (to an extent) is saying that the fanservice is there "just because"...well, that's if you're talking about the Kamui's.

Satsuki did explain in Episode 21 (I think) that if a Kamui fully covers you then it'll take over you, and in order to counteract this, you have to find a balance between nakedness and coverage to have control over the Kamui and benefit from its power.

As for Nudist Beach...yeah, I have nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for Nudist Beach...yeah, I have nothing.

Apparently according to the finale, their reasoning was that for the time being, since so many clothes were being infected with the life fibers, they were best off nudists avoiding the control of said life fibers, which can finally come to end now that the life fiber menace threat is dealt with.

And a

Apparently according to the finale, their reasoning was that for the time being, since so many clothes were being infected with the life fibers, they were best off nudists avoiding the control of said life fibers, which can finally come to end now that the life fiber menace threat is dealt with.

I did say that, but I edited it because the teacher/Nudist Beach leader and the guy with the red Mohawk (I forgot their names lol) did wear clothing during the first half of the show. I guess that was before Ragyo infused ALL clothing with Life Fibers.

In that case, their words during the finale contradict something; although in one of those cases, the guy was undercover.