Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

That's, quite some fan service there....anyway, its really great that the iOS Shantae is free, giving non-Nintendo 3DS owners a chance to play this great series biggrin.png.

Really hope this game reaches most of its stretch goals, as it would make Shantae's launch on home consoles very grand (and playing a game with WayFowards art on dat Vita OLED man blink.png).

Never played Shantae before - I guess I'll get the iOS game and see how I like it. I'll back this if I like it, especially since it'll be on Vita.

I've played the first Shantae game, and I loved it. I just downloaded and started playing the free iOS version on my Ipod. Very fun, though it's going to take some time getting used to, as my Ipod is kinda small.

I dunno why I haven't donated yet. I just may do so in a bit here... I'm really hoping we at least get the "Risky mode" stretch goal. 

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Soo...I downloaded the free full version, I already tried the trail version a few days ago. And...well I'm slightly dissapointed :/ while I enjoyed the game on the trail version this one goes full screen for the opening "way forward" screen and then gets REALLY small for the playing part, I have a 5th gen iPod touch so the screen is pretty big, and the playing area is about half of that in a small box in the centre, I can't really press any buttons accurately, let alone play! Does anyone know if it is this version or the iOS 7 update? I'm really dissapointed I can't play it as I was going to get it after playing the demo (after getting Wii U and SLW) and could now get it early for free!

Soo...I downloaded the free full version, I already tried the trail version a few days ago. And...well I'm slightly dissapointed :/ while I enjoyed the game on the trail version this one goes full screen for the opening "way forward" screen and then gets REALLY small for the playing part, I have a 5th gen iPod touch so the screen is pretty big, and the playing area is about half of that in a small box in the centre, I can't really press any buttons accurately, let alone play! Does anyone know if it is this version or the iOS 7 update? I'm really dissapointed I can't play it as I was going to get it after playing the demo (after getting Wii U and SLW) and could now get it early for free!

You talking about the screen size right? Its that way to match the DSi resolution the game was based on (the 3ds just upscales the game's resolution) and while I agree with you about the touch buttons not being so great (there really small on my old iPhone 3gs sad.png), its really cool that they gave the game out for free. I do hope they make a Shantae collection after Half-Hero Gene launches, as I'm sure many have not played this series yet (like me sad.png) and doing so will bring more fans to the series (the games will feel great on Vita :)).

I don't think there's a easy fix to bump up the screen size, so sorry I cant help you there sad.png. Maybe WayFoward will give out the PC version for free temporary (or give us a time period of usage for free, like how Sonic Racing was free for three days a few months ago).

Edited by RK64

Yeah its really annoying because the trail version is absolutely fine, as is the logo, but when I get to the save select and the gameplay I get this :(

msbnna.jpg

Sad Jolt is sad :(

So I've been playing Risky's Revenge on iOS, and I'm enjoying it! Controls are kind of cumbersome, but that's more the fault of the platform than the game. I'm actually quite excited for Half Genie Hero now, mainly because my two biggest issues with Risky's Revenge are the art style (which isn't even a big deal so that's fine) and the controls. 

All I had to see was this picture to know why I should be excited for Half Genie Hero:

image-323648-full.jpg?1378763811

No doubt Vita's gonna be the best platform for this. Can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's no way in hell that those stretch goals are being hit. $1.3million? Not gonna happen.

tis may only be a dream at this point but hey.......................................................at least they're gonna hit their initial goal it seems. Shame it didn't go any further than that

Though it may be disappointing that we probably won't hit any stretch goals, at least the game's getting made. Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlB7UkJbvHo 

also two new stretch goals revealed!

c04f697ac3164642d46f29ade5bf6a45_large.p

3252b9e3f8494f6dea742a6b26fb247b_large.p

Edited by Cola

The fact that it probably won't make it to Hero Modes really saddens me. I love other playable characters in my games. Gat dangit all.

• Thumbs Up 6

All these bonus chapters have such neat storylines by the sounds of things.  That's the biggest loss for me.  But I'd have loved to play as the other guys too.

Beat the first dungeon of Risky's Revenge.

Fuck, this game's so fun but the controls are driving me crazy. That 3DS game is gonna be sweet.

Also anything 2D is best on Vita and hand drawn sprites are amazing so Half Genie Hero is gonna rock my socks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I downloaded RR as it was free on iPhone too. So far, the gameplay is shit. Not because the game is bad in any way, but because it's not at all well optimised for the platform. Might just have to buy it on 3DS cause I can tell I'll really enjoy it.

Edited by Blue Blood

Because RR has been made available for free to promote the kick starter for HGH, and the RR topic is over two years old. It's a bit of a nasty bump considering there's another active Shantae topic.

Update #24 - New Reward Tier Revealed! Let's Dance!

New Reward Tier: Backer-Exclusive Tinkerbat Transformation!

Remember how in the Game Boy Color original you could stick the cartridge into a Game Boy Advance and unlock the Tinkerbat? No? Well, believe you us it was the ultimate transformation, now known only to those who still own a physical copy of the game.

iJT5FK6.png

This new Backer Reward will be equally exclusive! Starting today, you can get thisKickstarter-only transformation by backing at the Tinkerbat Tier and above. Up your pledge and get a transformation you won’t find anywhere else! If you’ve already pledged above this tier, congratulations, you just got more cool stuff!

Let's Dance!

Magical Belly Dancing plays a big role in this game! As you explore, you’ll find Dance Tokens dropped by enemies, or hidden around the levels. Dance Tokens come in 3 flavors: Transformations, Boosts, and Summons. Once you discover a Dance Token, that dance is yours for keeps!

k1PIVCU.png

Using these magical abilities drains your Magic Meter. Refill it by collecting magic, which is dropped as you slaughter FOES and destroy JUGS.

Continued in the Article.

Edited by Cola

Oh my god, you guys!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/609066

We are currently planning on keeping the PayPal store open for several months after the Kickstarter campaign ends and all PayPal pledges will count toward the STRETCH GOALS!  We'll update the main Kickstarter page with our PayPal total regularly so that everyone can see our continued progress ^_^

So we probably will have a chance to get a way bigger game!
  • Thumbs Up 5

They probably realized that their chances of higher funding were hurt by Mighty No 9 so this is a wise move.

They probably realized that their chances of higher funding were hurt by Mighty No 9 so this is a wise move.

called it! Good to know that they'll at least keep the paypal option open for awhile longer. Wayforward needs more love than 400K XD

Opening a seperate Paypal account seems typical of most Kickstarters though, since there's a large amount of people who can't or refuse to use Amazon. Even MN9 has a Paypal. I don't see any cause-and-effect here related to MN9.