Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

Anyone else noticed on the Kickstarter page they've been sneakily changing the video thumbnail?  First they added her corrected tan, and now she's in her blue duds.  C=

Anyone else noticed on the Kickstarter page they've been sneakily changing the video thumbnail?  First they added her corrected tan, and now she's in her blue duds.  C=

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Very sly!

In other news, we're now less than $400 away from our first bonus chapter... I expect to see that stretch goal hit before the day is out!

Welp, just backed up the project, so I guess I just put my money where my mouth is. I'm glad that the first bonus chapter is looking like a possibility.

I got my payment, so I can finally support Shantae since Mighty No. 9 is fully funded already. This game really needs it! I've been playing the iPad version of Risky's Revenge recently. I've never played Shantae before. Hell I didn't know anything about her games until I saw all these avatars pop up on SSMB! XD besides the controls being a bit crap (might get the DS version soon) I've already fallen in love with the setting and characters. <3 Shantae is so CUTE!

I got my payment, so I can finally support Shantae since Mighty No. 9 is fully funded already. This game really needs it! I've been playing the iPad version of Risky's Revenge recently. I've never played Shantae before. Hell I didn't know anything about her games until I saw all these avatars pop up on SSMB! XD besides the controls being a bit crap (might get the DS version soon) I've already fallen in love with the setting and characters. <3 Shantae is so CUTE!

Say wha-

I've been playing the iPad version of Risky's Revenge recently.

Oh there's your problem, Touch screens and classic styled platformers work as well together as the U.S. Congress

The Magic Carpet race chapter has been funded, which is both cool and kinda ehhh coz the other extra chapters sound way cooler.

Next stretch goal is alt costumes... not as fussed as I used to be, I'd much rather go straight to extra chapters or Hero modes.

The Magic Carpet race chapter has been funded, which is both cool and kinda ehhh coz the other extra chapters sound way cooler.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. At first I was like "yay new chapter!" and then I actually read the description and was like "oh... that doesn't sound that amazing..."

Beggars can't be choosers though, I guess. Any new content is a good thing at this point, especially when one of the main criticisms of the franchise is that the games are too short. And for all we know, magic carpet racing could be the best thing ever. Maybe.

I more than doubled my pledge. Hoping to see a spike akin to Mighty No. 9, but I'm not holding my breath for something that big.

Still, it'd be nice to reach another stretch goal or two.

Another backer exclusive item! Get pledging now if you haven't already!

2d7ve9z.png

We're on just over $640,000 now so we're almost halfway to the alternate costumes... with 30 hours to go... it's gonna be tight, but we might just do it!

Risky's revenge is now free on iOS for a short time only
Sorry man, old news. It's been like that for at least a week already. I'd expect it to end soon after the Kickstarter.

I'm liking all these backer exlcusives we're getting, even if it is just color swaps. Glad to see the game got funded and beyond though, I can't wait for my Coin and physical OST..... GIVE ME MAH DAMN COIN!

I did it! Donated $15 dollars with 20 hours left. ^^ I think it might just make the $700k but I really wish it could be the next bonus chapter with the rival Genie. $800k though... D:

• Thumbs Up 2

I really wish it could be the next bonus chapter with the rival Genie. $800k though... D:

I wish it could too. That's the stretch goal I was really looking forward to! sad.png

I did it! Donated $15 dollars with 20 hours left. ^^ I think it might just make the $700k but I really wish it could be the next bonus chapter with the rival Genie. $800k though... D:
We can but hope the extended PayPal donations help us hit some more stretch goals. Even after the Kickstarter ends, there's still some glimmer of potential.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alternate costumes GET!

For those wanting to dress up Shantae as Patricia Wagon... well, now you can! :P

The combined total is just over $740,000 at the moment - assuming we get a decent amount of last-minute pledges, as well as the extended PayPal donations, I think it's safe to say we'll probably reach the next stretch goal at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just under 100 minutes to go yet we've got about 24.5k till the next stretch goal sad.png 

I don't suppose we have any idea on how long the PayPal is expected to remain open?

Upped my pledge from the Soundtrack download to get the Tinkerbat transformation, though that kills my last-minute idea of getting an extra copy for Steam after my initial Wii U copy. Hope we'll make that last push soon!

Just under 100 minutes to go yet we've got about 24.5k till the next stretch goal sad.png 

I don't suppose we have any idea on how long the PayPal is expected to remain open?

When I tuned into a bit of the livestream last night I'm sure they said that it'd be kept open for a while yet, until the point where they have to stop accepting any more stretch goals and just get on with making the game, otherwise they'd never get it finished.

They also mentioned the idea of adding in further stretch goals later down the line as (free) DLC, but don't hold out too much hope for that just in case.

When I tuned into a bit of the livestream last night I'm sure they said that it'd be kept open for a while yet, until the point where they have to stop accepting any more stretch goals and just get on with making the game, otherwise they'd never get it finished.

They also mentioned the idea of adding in further stretch goals later down the line as (free) DLC, but don't hold out too much hope for that just in case.

I'm just really hoping they reach the next one laugh.png