Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

Good to see it picking up.

Hopefully people are aware of the extended timeframe on PayPal donations. Be sure to spread the word on that so we can hit more goals in the coming months.

I just upped my pledge by $15 since I wanted both Steam and Wii U versions.  I was planning to just buy a second version when it came out, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised it would annoy me to have the kickstarter bonuses in only one copy of the game.

Remember if you plan to buy multiple copies, you'll only get kickstarter exclusives like the Tinkerbat, Blue Costume etc in one version of the game.  Add on $15 for each extra version of the game you want these exclusives in.

Edited by JezMM

I decided to back it by $15 since I just want a copy of the game and I dig that Risky Boots alternate. I might just mooch the OST off a friend or download it from Virt's bandcamp page

• Thumbs Up 1

So, with over double the initial funding goal, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is officially funded on Kickstarter! Here's a recap of the stretch goals we've hit so far...

1378527_584746968229155_1268662012_n.jpg

Still want to pledge? Then get donating through PayPal!

The chat was fun, I even got a small shoutout when I said hi ;o;.

Also the birth of THAN.

And Shancake.

GOOD TIMES. I am so glad the kickstarter picked up major steam and hit a few stretch goals :). I am also glad the paypal is open for later on too, I'd love to eventually be able to upgrade to the art book. Also gonna see if I can get on this project too now that it's funded! So happy nowww.

Fantastic! I'm so pleased to see it did eventually get to 800k in the end. TwT And with Paypal left open, we might get more money in.

I honestly didn't think that they'll reach more than a little over 400K but those last second pledges never fail to impress. I said it before and I'll say it again.... the amount of money people are willing to pledge and the rate at which these developers get the money is scary at times. Shit, they shouldn't take donations through stores and etc. anymore for health research, they should just start kickstarters.

"We're so close to the cure for all the cancers, please pledge" *Makes 10million in 2 days*

• Thumbs Up 1

I would've loved to back this but since I'm buying Lost World and Pokemon this month as well add the fact that I backed Mighty No 9 already I don't have the money (particularly since I'm living that 1st year uni student life). Backing something like $5 wouldn't be doing the game justice imo since I feel it deserves more. Nonetheless I'll definitely buy this'd at release as WayForward are a wonderful developer.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

The running total is now shown on the PayPal donations page so we can keep track of future stretch goals.

How many do you reckon we'll hit before they have to cut it off?

Who knows?

If they keep it open past Christmas, I might pledge the $75 level and give my extra code to a friend.

I don't see it.

I think 2 or 3 will be hit.

Scroll down a bit, it's under the massive PayPal logo in a little grid.

Without the time pressure or visibility of a Kickstarter, it's hard to say whether people will be excited enough to keep giving. I can't imagine Hero Modes not happening at this rate, but I don't know if I'd bet on anything beyond that.

I really hope we make it to the next bonus chapter and voice acting, though. I think that'd round out the whole package nicely.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

so umm.... they reached their goal and then some...... any word when we should receive our rewards for pledging?

Not any time soon.  Probably closer to the game's launch than now.  Artbooks for example, can't really be filled and have commentary added until the game is near completion.

Not any time soon.  Probably closer to the game's launch than now.  Artbooks for example, can't really be filled and have commentary added until the game is near completion.

Kickstarter said to expect the desktop background in November 2013 and everything else in October 2014.

• 1 month later...

As of yesterday evening, the Kickstarter background has been sent out, and it's certainly a beaut.

Check your inboxes, Kickstarter backers!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

If anyone missed it in the status updates and so on, the early access demo released today.  If you backed high enough to get it, go check your e-mail and throw that code into Steam!

Just played it myself and holy crap it was great.  In terms of gameplay it’s fairly more of the same which is no bad thing, but what blew me away was how much they’ve improved the character animation since the original trailer.  My fear about this game not replicating the silky smooth sprite animation from the first three games and replacing it with slightly flat/jerky-looking flash animation is gone gone gone.  The animation is GORGEOUS, there are all these little touches that add a feeling of three-dimensionality to the characters, Shantae especially, it really has that expert blend of tweening and traditional animation that few things that use tweening at all manage to pull off, using traditional animation where it looks best and tweening where it looks best, as oppose to “tweening whenever possible” and “traditional whenever we can’t get away with tweening”.

I wish they had thrown in a few talky scenes even if they were just silly placeholder demo exclusives since the story scenes are a huge part of Shantae’s appeal, but other than that, yeah, very satisfying demo, just goddamn the game is gorgeous and it’s not even finished yet.

Oh and of course Virt is on top form with the music as usual.

• Thumbs Up 2