Awoo.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Kickstarter - PS3/PS4/Vita/PC/360/XBO/Wii U/PC/Switch)

Carbo

I find it kinda heartwarming that Shantae and MN9 are in a mutuallly beneficial relationship, supporting eachother and giving eachoter exposure and what not.

...Dear God, the shipping

Im both happy and sad at the same time. One on side im happy that people are supporting these games and they are being made by competent developers on the other side im sad because the money people are donating(some more than others) could be used for charities ya know? but thats just a small silly thing 

Im both happy and sad at the same time. One on side im happy that people are supporting these games and they are being made by competent developers on the other side im sad because the money people are donating(some more than others) could be used for charities ya know? but thats just a small silly thing 

That pretty much could apply to anything in life that costs money ever.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not in the game... oh please, the demand for it will make it happen.

Seeing as we're not even close to the alt costumes stretch goal, much less the initial goal, i don't think there's demand.

But the already drew the costume. I doubt it'd cost them much to animate it.

EDIT: 700K for alternate costumes? Really?

Edited by Solkia

Shantae is now at over 340,000 in such short time after that Mighty no 9 announcement. There may be hope for more stretch goals after all!

Kinda hoping this will at least make 500K for playable Risky Boots, I doubt we'll get alternate outfits unless some strings are pulled or by chance of a miracle.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 2

What frustrates me the most is that Mighty No9 and Shantae seem to (almost?) be partners, but Shantae gets almost no love compared to No 9. True, it was basically guaranteed for No 9 to get more love, but it's still pretty disappointing. :/

Mega Man has more of a legacy behind him. 2 decades worth of a legacy in fact.

I didn't even know what the hell Shantae was till I saw Risky's Revenge in the 3DS shop wondering why the hell it was so expensive compared to the other titles.

Add that to the horseshit Capcom has been pulling lately, the 2 aren't really comparable in terms of inevitable support.

Still want to see this game happen though.

But the already drew the costume. I doubt it'd cost them much to animate it.

EDIT: 700K for alternate costumes? Really?

They have said the alternate costumes would have differing gameplay too, for what it's worth.

I too am disappointed though that we're unlikely to get most of those stretch goals.  Risky's Revenge could more or less be divided into 4 chapters, and this is gonna be 3.  I'd really like something longer than that considering the funding required.  Seems like none of those extra chapters are gonna happen.

Edited by JezMM

Update #18 - It's a call to arms!

Hello friends! We’ve reached the halfway point in our campaign, and it looks like we’ll be fully funded soon (fingers crossed)! Nearly 9,000 fans have pledged so far, and many of you have gone above and beyond, upping your pledges daily! But we’ve hit a turning point now. The key ingredient in meeting our Stretch Goals is getting MORE EYEBALLS on the game. 9K fans pledging 350K is a huge feat. Let’s bring more attention to the project, bring more backers, and (as Samwise Gamgee says) “lighten the load”. We’re asking everyone to get involved right now, today! We’re going to make it easy...Just copy and paste the stuff below ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE!

Here's the shortened project link: http://kck.st/1e7PwHu

Also, next stretch goal revealed!:

eef6c6ae6bdd199cdb1f027e7fc1abd6_large.p

• Thumbs Up 1

GOD DAMINT I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THAT

*sigh* they'll probably release all or most of this stuff as paid DLC.

I'll actually be fine with that, as long as we get it.

Voice acting and whatever wonderful thing that TV silhouette represents though are another matter.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm pretty sure I might have heard that Matt Bozon maybe said to a guy somewhere that the plan was to get all of the extra chapters made eventually, so that's a relief. I'd be happy to fork over extra for that stuff. It's just a pity that voice acting's probably not happening. At least Risky Mode looks moderately possible at this rate.

I wonder which transformations we'll see in the main game, and which ones they're planning for the extra chapters. I'd love to see the harpy or spider forms come back, and it'd be cool to see at least one new thing.

GOD DAMINT I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THAT*sigh* they'll probably release all or most of this stuff as paid DLC.
>paid dlc >wayforward We're talking about the same wayforward that updated mighty switch force post-launch with 5 new levels based on fan feedback free of charge

>paid dlc >wayforward We're talking about the same wayforward that updated mighty switch force post-launch with 5 new levels based on fan feedback free of charge

While this is true, there's a big difference between 15-20 minutes worth of extra levels that mostly use the same assets, and extra levels that contain new story, characters, locations and transformations.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're definitely going to reach their target, and possibly the first stretch goal. At a real push they'll reach the second one too... but I can't see it going any further right now.

Crunchyroll x WayForward Shantae:Half-Genie Hero Contest! Win a Nintendo 3DS!

bc6ef4daca4b7dc217f76a72eecf780b13797037

Crunchyroll has teamed up with WayForward to bring you a Shantae: Half-Genie Hero FAN ART CONTEST. Submit artwork of your favorite Shantae: Half-Genie Hero ~ ! character for the chance to win a Nintendo 3DS, WayForward games, and more!!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

In celebration of the Kickstarter, the iOS version of Risky's Revenge is currently free, AND comes with an alternate costume:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shantae-riskys-revenge-full/id486409447?mt=8&ls=1

z365.png

Dancer Shantae has reduced armour, better magical ability and nigh-on dangerous levels of sexy oh god

She better be in the Steam version

EDIT:

14uz.png

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 9

Damn it, they should have released Risky's Revenge on Steam after going through the trouble of putting it on shitty-ass Greenlight. At least we're probably getting it in Pirate's Curse.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize they recently greenlighted the game. Still won't come out anytime soon, though.