Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Just when you thought this couldn't get any worse, they're not allowing indie games on their system? A whole sector of creative and imaginative minds are being shunned?

Edit: I realised that they need to buy a publishing deal first. Still, this is just stupid now.

roflbot_zps1754bd64.jpg

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 4

They're allowing them, they just have that really shitty limitation from the 360.

• Thumbs Up 1

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Damn it, no matter how depressed the news makes me this is just the thread that keeps on giving.

"financial suicide" - dictionary definition

fi·nan·cial su·i·cide (fschwa.gif-nabreve.gifnprime.gifshschwa.gifl, fimacr.gif- soomacr.gifprime.gifibreve.gif-simacr.gifdlprime.gif) n.

1. the self-inflicted ruin of one's own prospects or interests: a merger would be financial suicide

2. Microsoft Xbox One

3. THQ uDraw HD

Also relevant :

iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif

Except that now the rumors were true. "Just fucking jokes?" "Trolling y'all?" I believe the man doth protest too much.

"So people, the choice is yours....Microsoft or Sony." Or Nintendo.

Edited by -Knuckles The Echidna-
  • Thumbs Up 3

Isn't it great how bad things spawn a lot of funny stuff? It makes it all worth it in the end! laugh.png

Microsoft has been caught trying to make it's machine sound better than it acutally is. Yet at the same time making it sound worse than it actually is and somehow making it sound worse than it actually is.

the company claimed that there was more than 200GB of bandwidth within the system. Again, the number had no context or clarification and if rumors are to be believed, it suggests some rather creative accounting: 68 GB main memory bandwidth, 102GB bandwidth to an embedded SRAM buffer for the GPU, and 30GB bandwidth between the CPU and GPU. While that does add up to 200GB, there are no two parts of the SoC that can communicate with each other at 200 GB/s. The fastest link is believed to be the GPU read performance, which can aggregate across the main memory and SRAM buffer for 170 GB total.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-talks-about-xbox-ones-internals-while-disclosing-nothing/

Or as one person from Gaf put it "I have 2 cars. One travels at 80mph and the other goes 90mph... I have 170mph cars!"

Here is an image from their 2005 E3 press release on the Xbox 360... look at how much they claimed the 360 had.

EiyQVAi.gif

So they claimed it has less GB's than they did the 360 had whilst at the same time getting their tech specs wrong which makes it worse than they want us to believe.

1+1=ONE!

systemb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Reminds me of the creative math Atari did with the Jaguar.

If only they used that creativity in designing games.

sooo...why is it called Xbox One? Surely there's some kind of philosophy behind it right? Did they mention that at all?

The goal of the Xbox One was never really to be just video game console.

It's designed to be a incredibly powerful entertainment media hub and a way for Microsoft to take over the living room with one device. One device that does everything you need it to do. They emphasize the term "one device" early on in the presentation.

You have to think of it less as the Xbox One and more like the Xbox All-In-One.

The goal of the Xbox One was never really to be just video game console.

It's designed to be a incredibly powerful entertainment media hub and a way for Microsoft to take over the living room with one device. One device that does everything you need it to do. They emphasize the term "one device" early on in the presentation.

You have to think of it less as the Xbox One and more like the Xbox All-In-One.

Except the whole "needing to buy an add-on for the TV function to even work" thing.

So really, it should be called "Xbox Three" after all. Unless you have the console, the Kinect, AND the TV add-on, it won't do its promised features.

(not that you can run it without Kinect anyway)

• Thumbs Up 1

Microsoft has been caught trying to make it's machine sound better than it acutally is. Yet at the same time making it sound worse than it actually is and somehow making it sound worse than it actually is.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-talks-about-xbox-ones-internals-while-disclosing-nothing/

Or as one person from Gaf put it "I have 2 cars. One travels at 80mph and the other goes 90mph... I have 170mph cars!"

Here is an image from their 2005 E3 press release on the Xbox 360... look at how much they claimed the 360 had.

EiyQVAi.gif

So they claimed it has less GB's than they did the 360 had whilst at the same time getting their tech specs wrong which makes it worse than they want us to believe.

1+1=ONE!

systemb.jpg

In other words, they can't do fucking math.

This is just getting better.

I'm not really arguing the specifics. I'm just saying what the intention was with naming the console.

Why else do you think that lady would say some shit about it being "the next water cooler?"

I'm not really arguing the specifics. I'm just saying what the intention was with naming the console.

Why else do you think that lady would say some shit about it being "the next water cooler?"

Fair point, I knew what you were arguing, but I just think that considering the "One" aspect is built up of bits and pieces, the whole concept falls flat a little.

And, maybe she wants to drink Xbox innards? Some people are into that stuff.

There is no way that Kinect wouldn't be included.

Oh it will be I'm sure, but it's not exactly "all in one device", there will be at least 3 pieces to the Xbox One complete living room experience.

Mainly it's the TV feature being sold separately whilst being described as a fundamental feature that's pretty daft.

I'm not entirely convinced that the "separate TV add-on" isn't just referring to your cable box or satellite receiver, though. It already has HDMI in, an ethernet jack and an IR port. Can't really imagine what else it would need.