Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Let's look at one of Pac-Man's specials!

2wec64g.jpg

Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange.

• Thumbs Up 6

The fact that it retains the original order (Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Apple, Melon, Galaxian Boss, Bell, Key) is a fantastic detail.  Consequently. this probably means that the move where he is able to summon the Power Pellet alongside the various other Namco sprites is his Side B due to the different animation.

Have we seen him using that move? I oonly remember him only charge it up. Does he just throw it?

He used an orange to block a projectile in his reveal. Besides that, not much.

Guessing the Galaga-esque ship and others are on a seperate slot, then?

Have we seen him using that move? I oonly remember him only charge it up. Does he just throw it?

Yes he uses it twice in the trailer.  The first time he throws the orange straight forward and the second he throws the Galaxian Boss which went forward then did a loop.

Still don't understand why Miis are banned from online play. Why would you put so much effort into a fighter and then restrict it from a large portion of the game for no good reason? That just seems like a massive "fuck you" to the people who were actually happy about the inclusion of Miis.

A ) Miis faces can be edited to resemble adult-rated biology.

B ) Miis can be made to resemble figures that people would find offensive. I.E., Hitler, Mussolini, Hussein, and on the opposite end, Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh.

C ) Miis can be made to resemble real-life celebrities, which can invite all sorts of legal issues if matches with them were put online.

All the of the above can apply.

Still don't understand why Miis are banned from online play. Why would you put so much effort into a fighter and then restrict it from a large portion of the game for no good reason? That just seems like a massive "fuck you" to the people who were actually happy about the inclusion of Miis.

Yeah I was really looking forward to using the mii's for online play but I guess if there are legal issues involved it can't be helped :(

If it was anything to do with legality or adult stuff, Miis wouldn't be playable in any online Nintendo game.

The reason they won't be allowed is because they're 100% customisable in terms of movesets.  Their moves are all going to be wildly different from each other so it's too hard to balance them for competitive online play with strangers.

• Thumbs Up 2

B ) Miis can be made to resemble figures that people would find offensive. I.E., Hitler, Mussolini, Hussein, and on the opposite end, Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh.

C ) Miis can be made to resemble real-life celebrities, which can invite all sorts of legal issues if matches with them were put online.

I suggest then to not search the original characters in the Soulcalibur V community: you would be surprised how creative some users are.

They used celebrity Miis in the trailer, it's a non-issue. I have a hard time believing that any case could be made against someone customizing a video game character to resemble someone in real life. Miis are fully customizable; there is not a judge in the world that would convict Nintendo or the Mii's creator.

The real issue, which has already been stated, is that the Mii's movesets can be unbalanced due to the customization users are allowed.

Actually you can use them online.

The catch is that it has to be with friends rather than randoms.

They used celebrity Miis in the trailer, it's a non-issue. I have a hard time believing that any case could be made against someone customizing a video game character to resemble someone in real life. Miis are fully customizable; there is not a judge in the world that would convict Nintendo or the Mii's creator.

The real issue, which has already been stated, is that the Mii's movesets can be unbalanced due to the customization users are allowed.

I don't think its a matter of them being unbalanced. Rather, take this into consideration.

Sakurai is aiming for a simplified online play experience when playing against random foes. Yes, he could display the customizations, but that makes things more complicated. As such, customizations get in the way of a simplified online play against random people and unbalances it that way.

The moves as a whole seem to be fairly well balanced; with all the alternate variations, you can some special effect but you lose something else, such as speed or strength depending on the variation. The problem is mixing in customizations to a simple online experience gets completely in the way of that idea.

Balance isn't the key to this, I think, its the simplicity of it that's the problem.

All I know is, I can finally do Obama vs. McCain the legit way.

All I know is, I can finally play as Waluigi the legit way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because they totally can't just make a default set of Miis for players to choose from or anything

Because they totally can't just make a default set of Miis for players to choose from or anything

That would defeat the purpose of Miis, wouldn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2

That would defeat the purpose of Miis, wouldn't it?

The purpose of a playable character is for people to play as them. Yeah it kind of sucks that they can't allow players to use custom Miis since monitoring them would be near impossible, but that's no reason to just ban them altogether.

I wonder if Brawl returning stages will be exclusive for the Wii U version of Smash Bros., While the 3DS version gets Melee stages. 

What are your guys thoughts on this? 

I wonder if Brawl returning stages will be exclusive for the Wii U version of Smash Bros., While the 3DS version gets Melee stages. 

What are your guys thoughts on this? 

3DS could get Melee and 64 stages. For Brawl returning stages, I think its possible some might be 3DS, but most--due to the higher quality of the stages--will probably end up in the Wii U version.

• Thumbs Up 1

3DS could get Melee and 64 stages. For Brawl returning stages, I think its possible some might be 3DS, but most--due to the higher quality of the stages--will probably end up in the Wii U version.

If 3DS did Brawls stages, I could see Port Town due to how similar it is to Rainbow Road. Maybe Yoshi's Island, Luigi's Mansion or Rumble Falls? All I want from Melee honestly is Great Bay and Fountain of Dreams.