Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

DK needs ATs PERIOD. Really hope that Chunky rumor is true, 'cause that would mean we'd get a fancy new model for a character who hasn't reappeared since his debut. Thinking about it, he's a bit of an odd choice for that reason, but given how much DK64 love Sakurai put into Diddy's moveset, I certainly wouldn't rule it out, either. If anything, it'd show the insane amount of research he puts into these kinds of things to use such a kinda obscure character.

I think Chunky's obscurity helps the possibility of a character like K. Rool getting in as playable, as K. Rool isn't obscure in the least bit; he just hasn't appeared in the DK main series revival.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Chunky's obscurity helps the possibility of a character like K. Rool getting in as playable, as K. Rool isn't obscure in the least bit; he just hasn't appeared in the DK main series revival.

I agree on this.  Hmm, I do find it curious that no Fan Favorite newcomers(well other than Little Mac, and Megaman, but the later is an Icon) have been announced yet, cause Sakurai usualy keeps a close eye on the favs during the time that the roster is being finalized, should be interesting to see who makes it through

I wouldn't be surprised to see Donkey Kong characters get more attention, considering the recent resurgence of the Donkey Kong Country series.

Any ideas for a moveset if K.rool ever ends up in Smash?

Oh you're just asking for a huge amount of replies.

Well what I see is this.

Up B : Copter Pack from DKC3

Side B: Crown throw from DKC1

Down B: Whatever that gun is called from DKC2

Throw in a few of his melee attacks from DK64's final battle for his normal moveset.

The Final Smash though... that's the toughie. Now, Could work in something with the Laser from the Crocodile Island in DK64...

Or Potentially his leaping about with Cannonballs raining from above in DKC1.

Or something involving some more Gun attacks from DKC2.

Or The Electrical attacks from DKC3...

Or a mashing of them all together!

Any ideas for a moveset if K.rool ever ends up in Smash?

Only like always. Draw from all of his boss battles. Simple, really.

Design:

Based on his King design, potentially with Kaptain/K. Roolenstein alts.

Specials:

Up+Special: Kopter

Based on K. Roolenstein's helicopter mode.

Side+Special: Kannon

Based on Kaptain's blunderbuss; shoots a cannonball that can be charged up to go further. When fully charged the cannonball is spiked and grants extra knockback. The cannonball can be picked up if its not spiked and doesn't roll off the edge. K. Rool will also get knocked back further depending on how far he charged. It can blow up in his face, too, dealing damage to himself (and making him charcoal black. tongue.png)

Neutral+Special: Krown

Throws his crown. Works like Link's boomerang but only moves in a straight line and back; if K. Rool jumps it'll fly off the screen.

Down+Special: ???

This one I'm iffy on. It can just as easily be Krusha's ground pound. I don't really like the idea of the ground pound, but it could work. My favorite idea is K. Rool just falling over and playing dead, which I typically call "Kredits." Another potential option is him turning invisible temporarily, which he does in two of his boss battles.

Standards:

3-Hit Combo: K. Rool pulls out boxing gloves and punches like in the DK64 boss battle.

Forward Attack/Smash: K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and whacks forward with it (based on when he attacks directly in DKC2's final boss). Can be charged and he'll hit harder.

Up Smash: K. Rool creates electricity between his hands and throws them upwards (based on the electricity in DKC3's final battle).

Down Air: K. Rool slams the ground with his butt (based on the DK64 final battle).

The rest of the aerials can just be variations on these with different types of punches and some electricity attacks.

Animations:

Walk/Run: He runs like in the original DKC final boss.

Jump: Same, he jumps like the original DKC final boss.

Double Jump: K. Rool does the "flapping" animation from the DKC3 final boss.

Taunt: I can only think of one right now, his "Yeah! Thank You!" from DK64's final boss.

Taunt 2 (EDIT): Thought of another one, raises his blunderbuss and blasts it out, only for fish to pop out. He turns to the screen and stares with a goofy expression before putting it away.

Final Smash:

Blast-o-Matic. This is the best I can think of; he pulls out a remote control and K. Rool's island appears in the background and fires at the battlefield. K. Rool himself puts on his kopter and flies up out of the way before it hits.

I forgot the neutral, fuuu. Well, just go and blow me out of the water, Jai.

With customization in this game K. Rool could have the blunderbuss shoot both cannon balls and gas clouds.

With customization in this game K. Rool could have the blunderbuss shoot both cannon balls and gas clouds.

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. For the third option I was thinking fire. This one would have him literally moving horizontally, though, as he's holding it in (just like in the DKC2 boss battle)... until the fire goes kaput and he falls over.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot K. Rool's grab! Obviously its the blunderbuss suction. He sucks players in then can blast them out of it.

30089cg.jpg

Pic of the day. Here's a new mini-game that's quite a bit different from Coin Launcher in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's called Trophy Rush! The details…will be kept secret for now.

New method for getting trophies, it seems. Looks a lot more fun than a simple shooter.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks to me like you have to break open the crates to get at what's inside. There could either be trophies for you to obtain or power ups to better help you destroy the crates.

Looks pretty fun actually.

Break the Targets: Boxed Trophy Edition.

Honestly would've preferred a pinball machine as the new trophy machine gimmick personally, but no huge loss I suppose.

Only like always. Draw from all of his boss battles. Simple, really.

Design:

Based on his King design, potentially with Kaptain/K. Roolenstein alts.

Specials:

Up+Special: Kopter

Based on K. Roolenstein's helicopter mode.

Side+Special: Kannon

Based on Kaptain's blunderbuss; shoots a cannonball that can be charged up to go further. When fully charged the cannonball is spiked and grants extra knockback. The cannonball can be picked up if its not spiked and doesn't roll off the edge. K. Rool will also get knocked back further depending on how far he charged. It can blow up in his face, too, dealing damage to himself (and making him charcoal black. tongue.png)

Neutral+Special: Krown

Throws his crown. Works like Link's boomerang but only moves in a straight line and back; if K. Rool jumps it'll fly off the screen.

Down+Special: ???

This one I'm iffy on. It can just as easily be Krusha's ground pound. I don't really like the idea of the ground pound, but it could work. My favorite idea is K. Rool just falling over and playing dead, which I typically call "Kredits." Another potential option is him turning invisible temporarily, which he does in two of his boss battles.

Standards:

3-Hit Combo: K. Rool pulls out boxing gloves and punches like in the DK64 boss battle.

Forward Attack/Smash: K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and whacks forward with it (based on when he attacks directly in DKC2's final boss). Can be charged and he'll hit harder.

Up Smash: K. Rool creates electricity between his hands and throws them upwards (based on the electricity in DKC3's final battle).

Down Air: K. Rool slams the ground with his butt (based on the DK64 final battle).

The rest of the aerials can just be variations on these with different types of punches and some electricity attacks.

Animations:

Walk/Run: He runs like in the original DKC final boss.

Jump: Same, he jumps like the original DKC final boss.

Double Jump: K. Rool does the "flapping" animation from the DKC3 final boss.

Taunt: I can only think of one right now, his "Yeah! Thank You!" from DK64's final boss.

Taunt 2 (EDIT): Thought of another one, raises his blunderbuss and blasts it out, only for fish to pop out. He turns to the screen and stares with a goofy expression before putting it away.

Final Smash:

Blast-o-Matic. This is the best I can think of; he pulls out a remote control and K. Rool's island appears in the background and fires at the battlefield. K. Rool himself puts on his kopter and flies up out of the way before it hits.

If Sakurai wanted a more egocentric version he could use King Kut Out(its a giant cardboard K.Rool with a superlaser!)

Break the Targets: Boxed Trophy Edition.

It's just occurred to me that we've seen zero footage of Break the Targets actually, in either version.  I hope it's back.

Hopefully Break the Targets is like in Melee, where every character had their own.

• Thumbs Up 7

idk if anyone saw this or not but there was a video posted with the alternate colors n whatnot. Looks like Sonic is still multiple shades of blue

Super Smash Bros - All Alternate Costumes @ E3 20…:

If you're not too old to be on a Sonic forum you're not too old to play Smash Bros.

Oh, I'm not saying I'm too old to be playing it. It's just that I'm no longer as interested in videogames as I was when I was younger. Largely done with home consoles, honestly. Not trying to impose anything on you guys. Feel free to continue to be interested in this game.

idk if anyone saw this or not but there was a video posted with the alternate colors n whatnot. Looks like Sonic is still multiple shades of blue

Super Smash Bros - All Alternate Costumes @ E3 20…:

There must be more than this in the final game some way or another.  Each character only seems to have four choices (like on N64), and we know for a fact that Wireframe is supposed to be a skin for Little Mac.

There must be more than this in the final game some way or another.  Each character only seems to have four choices (like on N64), and we know for a fact that Wireframe is supposed to be a skin for Little Mac.

Even the N64 game had more costumes for players( I know Mario and a couple of other characters had 5 costumes, you just needed to do some kind of trick to get the 5th costume to work if the costume was a team color).

There's doubtlessly more in the final game, it's likely they only put in the minimum 4 colours for the E3 demo in the chance people all wanted to be the same chara, but they had no reason to put in more than that. Kirby and especially Yoshi usually have far more than 4 colours, and as people have pointed out, WireFrame Mac is also missing.

I think we'll be seeing many more alt colours and maybe even costumes in the final game.

I guess I'm less annoyed about Sonic's colours this time around because team coloured skins are no longer necessary, at least as far as the 3DS version is concerned - so it won't have actual gameplay implications when red team skins are still a shade of blue for whatever reason. I still wish some characters weren't quite so anal about colour choices, though - you can brag all you want that blue is iconic to the character or somesuch bullshit, but for everything from Mario to Lucario to the friggin' Ice Climbers where that simply doesn't apply I don't really see the downside to giving players a decent choice of colours and outfits.

I guess I'm less annoyed about Sonic's colours this time around because team coloured skins are no longer necessary, at least as far as the 3DS version is concerned - so it won't have actual gameplay implications when red team skins are still a shade of blue for whatever reason. I still wish some characters weren't quite so anal about colour choices, though - you can brag all you want that blue is iconic to the character or somesuch bullshit, but for everything from Mario to Lucario to the friggin' Ice Climbers where that simply doesn't apply I don't really see the downside to giving players a decent choice of colours and outfits.

I don't know, I kind of like sonics alternate color scheme's this time around and they do look pretty cool (HUGE step up from brawl) so I don't really mind the different shades of blue in this instance because unlike before they look a lot more distinct and have more flair to them.

I just find it funny that one of his alternates is a brighter blue with blue wrist bands that glow blue