Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Whelp, the shuriken is perfect for a Relm Mii. :P A dagger over a sword would be preferable.

Not that I'll play as Mii's much in Smash Bros.

102229brp.jpg

A bit late to the party, but I'm a little peeved that there's no follow up words after the SSB title.

Like Super Smash Bros Revolution or something. Eh, maybe they'll come up with something later who knows

• Thumbs Up 1

My suggestion for names would be "Super Smash Bros. Ultimatum" (because U) and "Super Smash Bros. ThrowDown" (because it kinda sounds like 3D)

Question: has Sakurai confirmed that the Mii Fighter color shirt will be based on your current Mii (example: mine is orange) reguardless the "class" you choose or not?

A bit late to the party, but I'm a little peeved that there's no follow up words after the SSB title.

Like Super Smash Bros Revolution or something. Eh, maybe they'll come up with something later who knows

I'm hoping so..for this awesome cast showing up for the game the title seems kinda cheap..it needs to have a name with a bit more of a punch to attract the person who does'nt know of smash..(if there is any...)

He legit mistook Lucina for Chrom. Hmmmm.

Do you think Lucina could be a skin for Marth..I could easily see that happening considering her masquerade in-game..but people would feel jipped but at the same time, the representation for Fire emblem would be still kept down to the same two this way without taking up a new slot?

Just speculating..

Do you think Lucina could be a skin for Marth..I could easily see that happening considering her masquerade in-game..but people would feel jipped but at the same time, the representation for Fire emblem would be still kept down to the same two this way without taking up a new slot?

Just speculating..

No because again she is a completely different character with a different name and different voice. They may add a skin for her which has a mask, but I don't think they would add another skin for Marth under Lucina's look, they would have to change so much coding just for one skin it wouldn't be worth it

Sadly, I think it's a bit too late now to change the title. =/ The game is coming out in a couple of months on 3DS and Sakurai wouldn't suddenly change the title at the last minute. I just call it SSB4 for short but yeah, I wish we could just shorten it down like Melee and Brawl.

Makes me wonder what the games are called in Japanese...

So you can control exactly where the Mii's chakram goes... sounds a lot like PK Thunder, HMM???

ness deconfirmed preorder cancelled game ruined forever

But seriously guys, I don't get this kind of worry. Does anyone remember back during the Brawl hype when people though Sakurai was going to remove Fox of all people? Y'all gonna end up looking just as silly. =V

• Thumbs Up 2

Makes me wonder what the games are called in Japanese...

I thought that was an interesting question, so I looked it up:

Super Smash Bros. (series) = Great Melee Smash Brothers

Super Smash Bros. (game) = Nintendo All Star!  Great Melee Smash Brothers

Super Smash Bros. Melee = Great Melee Smash Brothers DX

Super Smash Bros. Brawl = Great Melee Smash Brothers X

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS = Great Melee Smash Brothers for Nintendo Wii U / 3DS

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like they think it plays more like Brawl. Can't blame them to be honest, since the game has good ground speed but the aerial speed is what's making it feel pretty sluggish. And since aerials lag a lot when you land on the ground, short hop approaches aren't very viable at all and there's no L-Cancelling to help with that.

It plays pretty good, but competitively it might need some work.

God damn it. Hopefully they fix up these problems before release, hopefully they weren't taking down feedback notes for nothing. Fingers crossed!

Is air speed a fixed number like in Brawl or is momentum based like in Melee?

The former, unfortunately.

Who's that purple dinosaur-looking character?  He looks like he'd fit in pretty well in Smash Bros., if he weren't so small.

You haven't heard of him? He's kind of a "big" deal.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm hoping so..for this awesome cast showing up for the game the title seems kinda cheap..it needs to have a name with a bit more of a punch to attract the person who does'nt know of smash..(if there is any...)

I'm pretty sure these are the EXACT people the title is marketed around.  Keeping the title clean and simple removes any sense of it being the 4th in a series, very welcoming to new fans who might be intimidated by something not quite as universally known as say, Mario Kart, which can get away with a numbered title without too much fear.  Idk though, it could be argued either way.

It's a shame to not have a clean abbreviation but to be honest once the subject of conversation has been established as Smash Bros, you can just say "on Wii U" or "on 3DS" when referring to a particular one.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think the titles are going to be much of a problem. People are probably just going to start referring to the Wii U version as Smash Bros. U and the 3Ds version as Smash Bros. 3D. On a side note, I doubt that anyone's going to use 3D while playing it because that would be really distracting.

Who's that purple dinosaur-looking character?  He looks like he'd fit in pretty well in Smash Bros., if he weren't so small.

Ew...that thing looks putrid. Leaning towards that other guy besides the Cap being playable tho.

On a side note, I doubt that anyone's going to use 3D while playing it because that would be really distracting.

Speak for yourself, I love 3D.  Considering this is an official Nintendo title we can expect it to be done really well too, I'm sure the players will really pop against the backgrounds.  In an Iwata Asks they talked about how much work went into calibrating the stereoscopic effect in 3D Land to be exactly right so the area Mario was occupying was always as comfortable on the eyes as possible.  Stereoscopic display isn't as simple as just "3D" or "not 3D".

• Thumbs Up 3

On a side note, I doubt that anyone's going to use 3D while playing it because that would be really distracting.

I would.  I play almost every 3DS game with 3D on maximum.  Only exception I can think of is Pokemon because it does nothing in the overworld and causes massive lag in battles.

It would be worth it, because screen KOs are gonna look awesome. 

Especially with these animations, provided they're as comical on the 3ds version!

tumblr_n716t9uhho1s4uw9po1_400.gif

7w9LcN.gif

924.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

No way in hell am I using 3D.

I've said it before but the 3D is a niche gimmick that panders to very few people. I'm sure the deaths would look cool in 3D, and that's great because I'd be so distracted that I'd be seeing them a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

The former, unfortunately.

I have to wonder why we can't get momentum based jumps back. It always felt really jarring in brawl when your going full speed and then when you jump its like you jumped from a standstill.

• Thumbs Up 1