Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

well this is cool

I want a tophat tongue.png

Dude, that entire outfit is awesome. I'm totally working my butt off till I get that awesome coat and hat set. Because my Mii will never be complete without it.

This has been on my mind lately. In regards to the competitive scene, is it possible for the 3DS version to be competitive. Someone on Smashboards came with the idea that there could be two separate tournament formats in the 3DS version: one without customization, and one with. Do any of you competitive guys think this could work? 

So now that Pac-Man has been revealed I gotta ask: Does anyone now think that the thing in the Greninja trailer was indeed a subtle hint towards Pac-man's inclusion? or was that still just a coincidence?

This has been on my mind lately. In regards to the competitive scene, is it possible for the 3DS version to be competitive. Someone on Smashboards came with the idea that there could be two separate tournament formats in the 3DS version: one without customization, and one with. Do any of you competitive guys think this could work? 

They can work. The debate right now is for if customization can be allowed for both. The majority is leaning towards yes on custom moves, but not on customizing statistics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Greninja's Voice and dat Gerudo Valley remix! <33333

Looking at the other gamespot videos it looks like in the build it was hard to pick up items. (With Assist Trophies it was especially noticeable.) Are the grab ranges smaller this time around?

Megaman's Final Smash (3DS version) 1:30

I'll try and keep the 3D on as much as possible (battery drains so bad when you use it D: ) but I. Hope it doesn't make battles lag like in Pokemon X and Y.

Also I quite like Greninja's voice, but when he yells during one of his attacks he sounds like Stitch. ^^;

Oh look, red shells are back.

also why are previews always played by people who can't play videogames I swear to god

At around the 1:45 mark of the Greninja in Smash Run video, I saw one of those sneaky ghosts from Rhythm Heaven Fever. Could this mean that there's some credence to the rumor about the Chorus Men being playable?

I love that Greninja's voice is just Froakie's voice from the anime only slightly more quiet. It adds to its unassuming BARDARSH factor and I think it just fits it pretty well, being an frog and all. Plus, I'd wager a guess that anyone would sound like that if they managed to successfully wrap their tongue around their head. XD

In other voice news, it seems like Mike West from Star Fox 64 and its 3D remake is reprising his role yet again for Smash Wii U/3DS, judging by 31: 27 in this video:

I love that Greninja's voice is just Froakie's voice from the anime only slightly more quiet. It adds to its unassuming BARDARSH factor and I think it just fits it pretty well, being an frog and all. Plus, I'd wager a guess that anyone would sound like that if they managed to successfully wrap their tongue around their head. XD

In other voice news, it seems like Mike West from Star Fox 64 and its 3D remake is reprising his role yet again for Smash Wii U/3DS, judging by 31: 27 in this video:

Really? Damn. I actually like the new voices they got for the characters. I assume they're bringing back the rest of the "classic" cast from SF643D? A bit disappointing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Quick question: does anyone know if there are any other videos of matches with direct video and audio and no commentary like the ones on GameSpot's channel? Those were some of my favorites because of their clarity.

That's pretty awesome in a "full-circle" kind of way, considering his voice actor in Brawl was Jim Walker, who voiced him in Assault. They really are returning to the series' roots, it seems (although I always did love West's portrayal of the character).

Furthermore, I don't think Mike West has even voiced Fox in a Smash Bros. game before, which is even more surprising. In the first game and Melee he was voiced by Shinobu Satouchi.

On an off note: I hope he stays Fox's VA. I really am tired of Fox jumping from voice to voice in each game he's in.

Also just in case you didn't know, Shiek an Zelda's Final Smash are still both the same. Light Arrow. A bit disappointing considering Shiek was given a completely update moveset to warrant her own character slot. I assume this could also mean Toon Link will most likely still share Regular Links FS.:/

You know, I don't think anythings gonna ever be able to recreate the campyness that was Fox's voice in Melee or Star Fox 64.

Regardless, this only makes me want Falco to return even more if it means having his old 64 VA back.

Well, Star Fox 64 3D was the last Star Fox game released, even if it was a remake, so maybe that's why they brought back Fox's Star Fox 64 VA.

It makes sense, yeah. I just hope the voice clips we have here aren't completely done with recording.

If they're using his 64 voice, they could've used  that design instead the one from Command again :/

They should just get Mark Hamill to voice Fox. He's already flying around in an X-Wing knockoff =P

I agree that while I'm loving hearing 64 Fox's voice again, it's weird coming out of the Command design.  I still don't really understand why they used it again for Smash 4 when Starfox 64 3D was the most recent game... I don't really think there's anything anyone could do to make me like the Command character designs mind you lol.

I don't expect they'll get Falco's old Voice Actor back. Perhaps his Brawl one? But I doubt they'll get his original SF64 one. Maybe his SF643D one.

Don't forget that thought Fox got his original VA back for the 3DS remake, him and Slippy's VAs were the only ones they got back for the remake. (Slippy's VA also voiced Katt in both versions). Besides that, every character had a new VA in the 3DS remake, most of whom were actually pretty good soundalikes!

So really idk about Falco. I agree with the notion that I really hope Nintendo start to keep some consistency for SF voice actors, it's annoying for fans and probably also annoying for the VAs themselves to keep getting rotated around. So depending on who Falco's voiced by in SSB4, we can probably assume that'll either be his VA going forward or that we're gonna keep getting inconsistent VAs for a while..

Gotta admit, this game does tempt me to get a Wii U. I have plenty of good childhood memories playing the Smash Bros. games on Nintendo 64, Gamecube and Wii. But nah. Too old for this.