Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Fox's voice in Brawl was okay but I much prefer his 64 voice so I'm glad to see he's back to voice the character once again, even though it doesn't really work with his Command look. Gah, I prefer his Melee look so much more, why did you have to keep it exactly the same Sakurai~? T-T

And no, PLEASE. Don't bring back Falco and Wolf's voices from Brawl! They sounded really bad, especially Falco's Nyu Yokah accent and Wolf trying way too hard to be cool. Gimme their Starfox 643D voices any day!

EGG ROBO IS BEAUTIFUL

Anyway, did he voice Fox in the demo? I didn't like his voice in the demo. I liked his Brawl voice best. Falco's was funny too, since he sounded just like Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh! to me. I liked Wolf's Brawl VA too, he sounded menacing and cool. BUT, I did like his strange English-ish accent in Star Fox 64. So IDK, I guess it doesn't matter with Fox since I never play as him anyway. :P

So was the drill arm from kid icarus uprising confirmed as an item before, cause I saw it in one of the matches that VGBoot camp put up but no one used it so i'm not sure of its function.

Here is the video, skip to 0:52.

So was the drill arm from kid icarus uprising confirmed as an item before, cause I saw it in one of the matches that VGBoot camp put up but no one used it so i'm not sure of its function.

Yeah it was, there was a pic of Diddy Kong holding it and everyone kept editing it to give Diddy Kamina glasses.

Yeah it was, there was a pic of Diddy Kong holding it and everyone kept editing it to give Diddy Kamina glasses.

Ah okay thanks. I swear even though i've been here to see all of them its still hard to keep track of all the pics we've seen so far.

*Simon's star glasses

tumblr_n3r90fPe381ts6w3ro1_500.jpg

Kamina has triangle shades, not star shades

shades.jpg

But that's off topic. I'm happy to see KI:U weapons get representation outside of Pit's moveset, as that was a big part of the game (not to mention there were tons of them) and Pit can only have so many in his Smash 4 arsenal. 

EGG.ROBO! We saw him already but awesome daily pic nonetheless!

Who is up for some character intros/entrances?

ClosedFairHartebeest.gif

FarflungYearlyBullfrog.gif

HarmlessDarlingJumpingbean.gif

Spoiler'd for size. Sorry bout that tongue.png

I noticed that each series seems to be getting at least two Assist Trophies this time around (Lakitu and Chain Chomp, Waluigi and Ashley, Phosphora and Magnus, etc.). So, what second AT should Sonic, Mega Man, Fire Emblem and EarthBound get? I'm thinking Silver, Proto Man, Ricken (I'm biased for him, sorry XDD) anddddd Kumatora.

I noticed that each series seems to be getting at least two Assist Trophies this time around (Lakitu and Chain Chomp, Waluigi and Ashley, Phosphora and Magnus, etc.). So, what second AT should Sonic, Mega Man, Fire Emblem and EarthBound get? I'm thinking Silver, Proto Man, Ricken (I'm biased for him, sorry XDD) anddddd Kumatora.

There's no guarantee the third-parties will get two AT's. We'll have to see. We might even get upwards of three AT's, too. Zelda already has three AT's, in fact (Sakurai did say he wanted to add as many AT's as he could).

There's no guarantee the third-parties will get two AT's. We'll have to see. We might even get upwards of three AT's, too. Zelda already has three AT's, in fact (Sakurai did say he wanted to add as many AT's as he could).

Yeah okay, hypothetically then. I knew I should've added that...

What was the third for Zelda? I know of Tingle and Midna.

WE need a Groose Assist Trophy :P

also if we don't see an Impa trophy, I think she may still  have a chance, and she is definitely big enough(as in the fourth most recurring character) to have some sort of representation

There's Tingle, Midna and Skull Kid.

Oh yeah.

Also @Jaidyn, I did say "at least 3", not "at most 3".

I hope Skull Kid can do more than just flip the stage, BTW, because that's kind of boring.

I'm just curious about 3rd Party stages at this point.

Pac-Man's two stages were revealed right off the bat, so Megaman and Sonic should be getting a 3DS stage as well. Since Sonic's Smash Run enemy, Egg-Robo, is so specific compared to other Smash Run enemies (which are, unless they are Pokemon or arguably Kihunters, common mooks in a good majority of levels and games), I'm hoping that Sky Sanctuary turns out to be a stage on the 3DS. Because otherwise, why not just take the easy route and put in Motobug or Egg Pawn, two enemies practically everyone was anticipating for Sonic, especially as of recent, instead of Egg-Robo?

It'd be like making the prime Mario enemy a Rex or a Tanoomba. It's just too specific.

As for Megaman, I'm not familiar with the Megaman series proper, but I do know Mettaurs are common mooks as well, so his 3DS stage could be anything. *shrugs*

Mario has three ATs as well: Lakitu, Chain Chomp, and Hammer Bro.

Because otherwise, why not just take the easy route and put in Motobug or Egg Pawn, two enemies practically everyone was anticipating for Sonic, especially as of recent, instead of Egg-Robo?

You're looking too deep into this. Sakurai chose Egg Robo specifically because it was a gameplay niche no other enemy had filled yet, so as to help diversify the roster of enemies in Smash Run. Motobugs, as iconic as they are as a Sonic enemy, are essentially just robotic Goombas, or at best a remodelled Wheelie. An enemy directly modelled after the mad genius himself is just as good in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 2

The EggRobo in concept might as well be an Egg-Pawn anyway...its still just an Eggman designed robot.

Judging by this video, it seems one of the events in Smash Run is to summon a mini-boss for you to seek and destroy, like Bonkers here. Makes me wonder if there are any other franchises with mini-bosses, like maybe a certain Hedgehog-shaped robot. That would add a double-meaning to that trophy we saw.

Waluigi is counted as Wario series for some reason, that's why he wasn't on the list.

Has he even appeared in a single Wario game?

Yeah. Plus, the likelihood is we're going to see "Kat and Ana" come back from Brawl, too. So that means Wario has 3 AT's already, and Wario himself hasn't even been announced yet. :P

I can easily see DK getting a couple more AT's, too. Well, assuming Chunky is correct, and there's no way its just a coincidence that several people saw him and described him the same way. -_-

I'd really like to see some Animal Buddies in Smash Bros., though. If Dixie Kong doesn't end up as playable or as DLC, I could see Rambi as an AT (if Dixie is either playable or DLC, I think Rambi would be her Final Smash since Donkey didn't get him). My other thoughts are on Squawks, Squitter, or Cranky Kong. Squitter appeared in two DKC games, and Squawks has appeared in nearly all of them.

Cranky is a bit iffy, the only way he'd really work is if he just ranted like Mr. Resetti, but it'd be hilarious to see.

Squawks could work in two ways; either everything goes dark and he acts as a light source for the player who grabbed him, or he just flies around and launches coconuts at people.

For Squitter, I see him jumping around and creating web platforms wherever he jumps too, which vanish after a while but can be stood on. After jumping a few times he stops and throws webs to trap opponents, then jumps a few more times and throws webs again.

Rambi... do I need to even say anything?

Just some thoughts from DKC. I didn't include any one-time Animal Buddies or Enguarde. The latter could only really appear on a DKC stage that has water in it, and it'd really be more of a cameo than anything else. Unless Enguarde somehow gains the ability to fly. :P

DK needs ATs PERIOD. Really hope that Chunky rumor is true, 'cause that would mean we'd get a fancy new model for a character who hasn't reappeared since his debut. Thinking about it, he's a bit of an odd choice for that reason, but given how much DK64 love Sakurai put into Diddy's moveset, I certainly wouldn't rule it out, either. If anything, it'd show the insane amount of research he puts into these kinds of things to use such a kinda obscure character.

• Thumbs Up 3