Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Neither game should be restricted to getting Retro stages from certain games. I don't see them them doing that either.

• Thumbs Up 2

There's no reason 3DS can't have some Brawl stages.  If Double Dash tracks were able to be pretty decently downscaled for Mario Kart DS, 3DS can handle some Brawl stages just fine.  Brawl was already pretty damn conservative with its detail to begin with.

You know what I'd see be interesting for the way retro stage could be handled?

If they had similar rules as regular stages.

If it was in a portable game, it's in 3DS. If not, Wii U. If both, either game could have it.

Example, Jungle Japes represents Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country was on GBA(and SNES but still)

Halberd represents Kirby Super Star. Kirby Super Star was SNES.

castlesiege.jpg

greatsea.jpg

norfair.jpg

Honestly, these would be my personal Brawl choices, if 3DS can handle them. I liked Castle Siege just for it's grand and traditional FE feel, Pirate Ship was crazy and could have some great 3D opportunities, and Norfair also could have some great 3D moments. Pictochat maybe as it is a portable thing, but it may not get used cause, A. I still think a actual 3DS as a stage is likely, and B. Pictochat isn't relevant to the 3DS system. Though I won't be surprised if it is used. Yoshi's Island and Lylat Cruise would be my runner ups.

Wii U for Brawl I could see getting WarioWare due to its popularity, Smashville for the same reason, and Bridge of Eldin cause if you got TP characters being used, might as well. Pokemon Stadium may be used, but a retro Pokemon stage I'd personally want is Pokefloats.:P For the Mario Pick for Brawl, either Delfino Plaza or Mario Circuit.

Melee picks for either version....I already said what I wanted. lol For either one, Fountain of Dreams or Great Bay. 

Venom could be a interesting stage for 3DS while Corneria is used for Wii U. Green Greens and Temple are also high likely Wii U choices if you ask me. I really do want to see Mushroom Kingdom again though on either version. It was a fun stage to fight on!

64 stages I honestly have no idea. I don't even know if they'll go that far personally. But if they did.... Congo Jungle for Wii U and Hyrule Castle for 3DS? Saffron City I would be interested in seeing return on either platform. But...that's really it for 64 for me. Most stages didn't really stick out to me as much as Melee and Brawl.

I don't think its a matter of them being unbalanced. Rather, take this into consideration.

Sakurai is aiming for a simplified online play experience when playing against random foes. Yes, he could display the customizations, but that makes things more complicated. As such, customizations get in the way of a simplified online play against random people and unbalances it that way.

The moves as a whole seem to be fairly well balanced; with all the alternate variations, you can some special effect but you lose something else, such as speed or strength depending on the variation. The problem is mixing in customizations to a simple online experience gets completely in the way of that idea.

Balance isn't the key to this, I think, its the simplicity of it that's the problem.

I respectfully disagree. I still believe that the customizable movesets and their balancing are the reason Mii's aren't included.

I respectfully disagree. I still believe that the customizable movesets and their balancing are the reason Mii's aren't included.

Except we know this isn't the case 1) because of the link I posted earlier and 2) because Palutena isn't banned online.

That plus you would think that sakurai would've made it so that the custom moves are balanced so that they don't become broken or anything. Sides isn't the for fun mode supposed to be, well, for fun?  So why would they only be available with friends (not saying that I wouldn't have any friends on my list for this but it just seems too restrictive)?

Except we know this isn't the case 1) because of the link I posted earlier and 2) because Palutena isn't banned online.

Customized Palutena is, just like customized Mario is. I missed the link though, I'll go look at it. I'll edit if it changes my mind.

Bullying and copyright is the official reason? Well Sakurai's just a damn idiot then, no judge would convict because of a fully customizable character resembling an actor. Bullying seems pretty impossible considering there doesn't seem to be gamechat, or any other reliable form of chat.

That plus you would think that sakurai would've made it so that the custom moves are balanced so that they don't become broken or anything. Sides isn't the for fun mode supposed to be, well, for fun? So why would they only be available with friends (not saying that I wouldn't have any friends on my list for this but it just seems too restrictive)?

He could not make it so every possible combination of moves keeps an equal balance, unless the moves changed practically nothing about the character or how they're played.

Which defeats the purpose of customizable movesets in the first place.

So what's the difference between Mii's and characters you can make inSoul Calibur? Shouldn't SC be getting lawsuits by this logic?

He could not make it so every possible combination of moves keeps an equal balance, unless the moves changed practically nothing about the character or how they're played.

Which defeats the purpose of customizable movesets in the first place.

When I said balance I was talking in terms of damage, speed, and mobility and all the technical stuff like that, not necessarily them not being different from one another from the trailer they already look pretty much different enough from each other and not really all that game breaking so thats why I'm kind of sad about the mii's being restricted to friend matches only since they don't seem at all like they'd be cheap.

Customized Palutena is, just like customized Mario is. I missed the link though, I'll go look at it. I'll edit if it changes my mind.

No she isn't. It says on the official website that she has 12 individual different specials as opposed to 3 variations of each of her 4 specials. She's in the same boat as the Miis in that regard.

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/en-uk/howto/entry2.html

No she isn't. It says on the official website that she has 12 individual different specials as opposed to 3 variations of each of her 4 specials. She's in the same boat as the Miis in that regard. http://www.smashbros.com/sp/en-uk/howto/entry2.html

You've misunderstood. I meant she is banned from random matchmaking like Mario is. That is of course assuming they have been customized.

5e1.gif

We dragon ball Z now.

Thats probably the hypest thing I have ever seen O_O

Turbo Mode in Project M is pretty amazing, it makes me curious what type of things Sakurai is going to add to the game for multiplayer aside from just special mode and regular fights.

You know, a thought just occured to me. What if sakurai and the team decided to pull a ultra street fighter 4 and make an edition select for this game where you can select which game in the series mechanics you would want to play giving you the option between smash 4 gameplay and melee's? 

That would be kind of counter-productive to making each Smash it's own thing. I just think that sounds kind of lame. Plus that would mean he would have to put threefold the time and work to make sure each type of play is balanced and works properly.

You know, a thought just occured to me. What if sakurai and the team decided to pull a ultra street fighter 4 and make an edition select for this game where you can select which game in the series mechanics you would want to play giving you the option between smash 4 gameplay and melee's? 

That's literally asking them to program, balance, and test four different games.  Different physics would affect how animations gel together too so those would have to be redone as well... yeah this would be an absolutely ridiculous amount of work for something only the hardcore fans would appreciate and would prolly just stick to Melee and Brawl hacks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good point, just kind of something that came to my head is all.

Wow. Should be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes.

I don't know about anyone else, but all I can think of is...

MV5BOTE2OTk4MTQzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODUx

Someone should photoshop DK into that.