Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The SNES Andross is more iconic than the 64 version? News to me.

He is really close now.
Gonna be even harder to dodge his attacks now.

Remember in Brawl that he zooms out of the screen upwards, then appears in the background before starting his attack. It's likely that he's only just been summoned in this picture.

Remember in Brawl that he zooms out of the screen upwards, then appears in the background before starting his attack. It's likely that he's only just been summoned in this picture.

Oh right I forgot.

The little things I always forget yet I play brawl almost every day.

Not necessarily more iconic, but its the original Andross and why they chose to use that one rather than the N64 version.

Ahhh, good ol' Andross. Wish it could've been N64 Andross but eh, I guess the SNES version is funnier. I mean, look at him! It's a polygon face shooting polygons! How much more polygon can he be?

They chose the original version of Andross...wouldn't that be because N64 Andross is already the most iconic and recognizable version of him and it would be time to give the original version publicity or something?

Andross was the only AT to be used for a specific purpose outside of just being an AT - the co-op Event with the Star Fox crew had Andross permanently in the background firing tiles - so there's a bit of notability there. 

Plus, with Fox constantly getting his design updated with each game, sticking with SNES Andross provides a contrast.

some think that the use of the phrase indicates that we might get something involving Andrew, though that seems a little left field to me

Andrew is like the bottom of the barrel for characters I even want to see in Smash aside from a regular Trophy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Andross on N64 didn't really attack in the same way as the original did.  I would've been fine with his attack being updated to reflect the N64 fight but yeah, just saying.

Surprised people are getting so bent out of shape over this though.  Like he already looked pretty good in Starfox Adventures, I doubt he would've been that much more detailed here for the sake of game performance.

I thought he was suppose to have the polygon look. Like it was his original look. It was good even in brawl.

Although, I prefer to have the updated model, I can totally understand why they kept this original model.

Andross was always one of the best Assist Trophies in the game. I actually love seeing him vomiting big pixels over the screen. 

I'm curious, why haven't we seen anything thing on the 3ds version. No items, assist trophies. And I wonder if we will get different items/assist trophy on 3ds version.

I know what we have seen now will most likely be on the 3ds version too.

So what other Mario stage can we expect. If its Mario kart. Which track?

I'm thinking they'll do the figure 8 stage in Mario kart 8.

For 3ds, we must get a luigs mansion dark moon stage. Maybe each mansion breaks apart, the mansion gets revived except its a different mansion. That means there would be 5 mansions taking turns getting destroyed by fighters.

This makes me think the 3ds version is not coming out first

Skimming through posts I'm actually really surprised a lot of people prefer the ape andross look. I always thought it was way too silly and not really fitting, whereas the polygon like face was alien and felt more final-bossy. I still usually think of the SNES Andross over any other whenever mentioned, even if he hasn't really been used in ages.

On a similar note I think it's funny that they have this Andross and it still seems taboo for Nintendo to release the original star fox on VC ajfklajlkeaf

• Thumbs Up 2

Lumiose is back for today's pic:

20saycz.jpg

Looks like we're not getting a vet reveal this month. Guess they're slowing down a bit so they can unload at E3 in a few months.

Lumiose is back for today's pic:

20saycz.jpg

Looks like we're not getting a vet reveal this month. Guess they're slowing down a bit so they can unload at E3 in a few months.

We still have one day left. Monday's the last day for March.

More Lumiose from today's entry:

2qbssw0.jpg

25s4bvb.jpg

You'll take a spin around the tower as day turns to night.

• Thumbs Up 1

That explains why they designed the entire city. You go completely around the tower, so you need to be able to see the whole city. Still don't like the fact that its a moving stage, though...

I'm curious, why haven't we seen anything thing on the 3ds version. No items, assist trophies.

Because if they're gonna show those off, they might as well be on the HD version. Showcasing an item in a smaller, lower-resolution screenshot is pointless when they've got higher quality models on Wii U.

Things to note about the pic of the day:

1. It's definitely a tour stage. SNORE.
  2. Some of those platforms look kinda small, especially in the second pic.
  3. Olimar has still not been shown with more than 3 Pikmin out. Was the number really reduced from 6?

Skimming through posts I'm actually really surprised a lot of people prefer the ape andross look. I always thought it was way too silly and not really fitting, whereas the polygon like face was alien and felt more final-bossy.

Well, many people played 64 first, so that might be a factor, but that Andross fight was more demonstrative of how much of an insane, egomaniacal genius Andross is, it just fits the character far better than the SNES version. It's like how Eggman makes a lot of shit in his own likeness, except taken to the extreme.

Hell, they probably would've gone with the 64 version of the fight if the original Star Fox game was on the N64, but the SNES' limits basically resulted in the basic-looking thing that ended up in the game.

Anyone else besides me think they will reveal Wario or Yoshi in the roster when Mario Kart 8 releases?

I'm not sure how this stage being a moving stage is bad. I always liked these kind of stages and its not even a tour stage its just moving up and down the tower.

So far I like it.

I think revealing characters is gonna be pretty rare between now and e3, not much going on except for Mario kart 8.

Oh for god's sake. Even Delfino Isle at least toured you around the place on more than one platform. How many stages do we already have in SSB4 that basically turn into Final Destination until it comes to a complete stop? Gettin' real sick of this shit.

About Andross: can't we all just be grateful that is not the Stairfax Temperatures design and live in peace?

About Andross: can't we all just be grateful that is not the Stairfax Temperatures design and live in peace?

Eeeeeh, I actually thought he looked pretty cool there. It being a sort-of mix of his 64 design and his SNES look (his Krazoa side) was just rather appealing to me, really.

• Thumbs Up 1