Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

It's unfortunate, but Sakurai's health has been suffering as his dedication for creating and working. In February, his arm was in a really bad shape from repetitive strain injury and his doubts have been coming and going every so often. He's working hard on the game, so the information has been dwindling somewhat.

Then you get pictures of him doing this:

BMgWmfnCcAAaL6o.jpg

Sakurai, stop playing with yourself.

Welp, Sonic the Hedgehog is confirmed for Smash 4! He was shown at the Nintendo Direct on a Windy Hill Zone stage.

Also, the footage used Sonic Heroes as the theme music, instead of Live and Learn like last time.

Can't wait for the Smash Site to update, I think I saw that Sonic's smile is on the side of his mouth this time.

EDIT:

33tmal0.jpg

Awww yussssss

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

So much better than Brawl's model. There's actually a blend between badass and cute with this one.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 5

Aside from the screen with him jumping (aka the one I'm using as an avatar now, heck yea), I think my favourite is him dodging Samus.

screen-7.jpg

UR 2 SLO

• Thumbs Up 2

Video Time!

From what I can see here, he seems to have the same move-set as Brawl...

Model is an improvement from Brawl, but not perfect. Mouth seems to be a texture now, like in Sonic Colours.

Edited by -Orinoco Womble-
  • Thumbs Up 3

Cue the fans complaining about using Sonic Heroes and not Live and Learn thus making the reveal less special.

EDIT: Oh too late.

EDIT: Though they might've went with it considering Heroes was the first game on a Nintendo platform that wasn't on a Dreamcast first like SA2 was.

Edited by DarkLight

I'm actually surprised they went with Windy Hill over Green Hill Zone, but I suppose this makes the most sense.

...this model is so goood. it's cute and stylish and so much more expressive than Brawl.

I wanna hear the taunts by Roger now!

Kinda bumped out that his moveset seems to be the exact same though.

...Why the Sonic Heroes theme?

Because it's a Sonic Game that sold on a Nintendo platform and made a lot of money.

why not?

Because heroes is a mixed reception 10 year old game when they could have used the Lost World theme?

why not?

It's not as iconic or pumping for a fighting game. Endless Possibilities would've fit better.

And if you were going for happy, why not Reach for the Stars?

i hate sani heroes songs

• Thumbs Up 1

Going by the video, they took Sonic's biggest problem of having absolutely no killing power and ramped it up even further. God damn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woot woot! Im super hyped, Windy Hill as his stage and the model is so much better! Im kinda disappointed he still has his old moveset though :C Hopefully the side B is changed at least. Also if you want the Direct version with Iwata speaking (and also the Mario & Sonic bit: I uploaded it XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o04_MKAw0A&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2nlnRvrsYdxX00K_Sc7QdA 

Going by the video, they took Sonic's biggest problem of having absolutely no killing power and ramped it up even further. God damn.

This.

I mean, I'm damn sure they would have realised a very bad imbalance.

Is it so hard to take more refernce from Battle and include spin kicks or Blue Tornado from Heroes or the kick from Lost World?!

;-;

Haha, just look at this asshole!

screen-1.jpg

"Do you even Smash, Bro?"

I was sure he was going to be in, but I still squealed like a little girl! laugh.png

Is it me or does he have more knockback to his attacks?

• Thumbs Up 7