Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'd be super happy with WW Ganondorf duel wielding his awesome swords, also I guess his movement would be different due to his exaggerated body proportions compared to TP Ganondorf.

Removing the wonderful Zelda and replacing her with Tetra would infuriate me. 

If you're gonna go for a Wind Waker character, at least go with someone more unique and leave Zelda alone.

How the hell is Tetra not unique?  She's a freaking pirate. That alone opens up possibilities. Not to mention her final smash could be her turning into Zelda or something. 

Not to mention she'd have more personality than Zelda probably.

Edited by Jake from State Farm

While I really don't care about Skyward Sword, if they wanted to rep it, using a tag-team of Zelda and Impa that plays similarly to Zelda/Shiek from Melee and Brawl, would be kinda cool.

I second Soniko that WW Ganondorf would be pretty damn cool.  But if they insisted on keeping him a Falcon clone it'd be kinda funny/neat to use his OoT design.  Then we'd have all four Zelda characters from totally different Zelda games and art styles.  What fun.

How the hell is Tetra not unique?  She's a freaking pirate. That alone opens up possibilities. Not to mention her final smash could be her turning into Zelda or something. 

Not to mention she'd have more personality than Zelda probably.

They could pull other characters from anywhere in the series for more representation.

Skyward Sword Zelda says hello.

If you're gonna go for a Wind Waker character, at least go with someone more unique and leave Zelda alone.

That's the way how you spell Tingle, my friend, and i approve.

They could pull other characters from anywhere in the series for more representation.

Skyward Sword Zelda says hello.

I would want Majora's Mask representation personally, but that's very unlikely. Skyward Sword Ghiriam or Impa maybe, but I would still prefer a Toon Ganon or Tetra to those.

Speaking of the Legend of Zelda, I like how the Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess incarnation of Link is the Link in every smash game. Nice job on consistency Nintendo.

EDIT: WRONG

brb gunna cry

Edited by Dom

Speaking of the Legend of Zelda, I like how the Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess incarnation of Link is the Link in every smash game. Nice job on consistency Nintendo.

Huh?  Those are two different Links (though OoT Link does appear in TP as a cameo).

They're too different Link's, but they look virtually identical. As opposite to pre-OOT Link or Toon Link.

They look preeeetty damn different.  OoT Link is considerably more bishie, and TP Link has way way darker hair too.

I like that Smash 4 seems to have gone for a style partway between both though.

So we have Ocarina of time, Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword representation for the Zelda franchise. For some reason, I doubt Twilight Princess will get anything aside from like a assist trophy(midna). I would like to be proven wrong though!

Huh?  Those are two different Links (though OoT Link does appear in TP as a cameo).

Wait, fuck, I always forget that TP isn't the sequel to OoT. The thing is that aside from the Oot Link making a Cameo, there is nothing to distinguish between the two(at least to me). They look exactly the same and by the beginning of TP, Link(who is an adult that looks exactly like the OOT/Melee link) already has a horse named Epona. 

Edited by Dom

I still vote for Impa, been a decent recurring character, has an interesting moveset, adds another female(and isnt another zelda, no offense)

I feel like four Zelda characters is probably enough. If it came down to it, I'd definitely take a fixed Ganon over a fifth character.

I'd put money on Zelda returning to a purely OoT-based design like in Melee, but I honestly have no idea what to expect from Ganondorf. My fingers are still crossed for something retro-styled to represent ALBW, but I'll be happy with basically anything that's not a ginger Captain Falcon.

Really, creating a unique moveset for Ganon really couldn't be that hard, considering all of the material there is for him. Even without changing him over to the Pig Ganon design, you could make a pretty dynamic moveset out of just little references to his past incarnations. 

>Give him either the TP or OoT design

>Give him dual tridents as a bit of a reference to his classic/Ganon form
>Have his A combo take inspiration from the triple combo that WW Ganon would constantly use
>Could have a smash based on how he punched the ground in his OoT fight, or how he stomped it in some of the older games, both to get rid of some of the floor
>Another smash could be a bit of an expy of Lucas' up smash, but instead conjure up his floating spirit head from TP (alternatively he could just raise his hand up into the air and spark it up with some dark lightning)
>Maybe his side smash could be sorta like Peach's, but instead calls upon the spirits of enemies/bosses, such as the spirit horse that assisted him in TP, the Helmorac King, Twinrova, and Zant (which could actually have a bit of recoil damage on Ganon himself)
>Standard Special could definitely be his energy ball from OoT that could maybe ignore reflective shields and only be capable of being rebounded by physical attacks on it
>Side Special could have him hurling a flaming bat (Like the ones in LttP) forward that leaves flames in its wake, or explode upon meeting a target
>Up Special could involve that dark wind he used in one of the cutscenes from OoT, which could either keep his current up special consistent (minus the grabbing part but keeping the dark bitch slap), or possibly convert him into a flight mode similar to Pit's Up B in Brawl
>Maybe have a move that temporarily turns him invisible as a down special, or maybe incorporate it into his dodges
>Improvise a few more moves, or maybe preserve one or two attacks from his current moveset

Woops rambled on a little bit there, though personally I think if a few of those ideas made it in, it'd be pretty cool

Really, creating a unique moveset for Ganon really couldn't be that hard, considering all of the material there is for him. Even without changing him over to the Pig Ganon design, you could make a pretty dynamic moveset out of just little references to his past incarnations. 

>Give him either the TP or OoT design

>Give him dual tridents as a bit of a reference to his classic/Ganon form

>Have his A combo take inspiration from the triple combo that WW Ganon would constantly use

>Could have a smash based on how he punched the ground in his OoT fight, or how he stomped it in some of the older games, both to get rid of some of the floor

>Another smash could be a bit of an expy of Lucas' up smash, but instead conjure up his floating spirit head from TP (alternatively he could just raise his hand up into the air and spark it up with some dark lightning)

>Maybe his side smash could be sorta like Peach's, but instead calls upon the spirits of enemies/bosses, such as the spirit horse that assisted him in TP, the Helmorac King, Twinrova, and Zant (which could actually have a bit of recoil damage on Ganon himself)

>Standard Special could definitely be his energy ball from OoT that could maybe ignore reflective shields and only be capable of being rebounded by physical attacks on it

>Side Special could have him hurling a flaming bat (Like the ones in LttP) forward that leaves flames in its wake, or explode upon meeting a target

>Up Special could involve that dark wind he used in one of the cutscenes from OoT, which could either keep his current up special consistent (minus the grabbing part but keeping the dark bitch slap), or possibly convert him into a flight mode similar to Pit's Up B in Brawl

>Maybe have a move that temporarily turns him invisible as a down special, or maybe incorporate it into his dodges

>Improvise a few more moves, or maybe preserve one or two attacks from his current moveset

Woops rambled on a little bit there, though personally I think if a few of those ideas made it in, it'd be pretty cool

I think his side special, for the most part, is already good. I also don't really like your idea for the side smash. I'd prefer a sword/trident swing or a strong kick. Maybe his f-tilt could be moved to his forward smash and his f-tilt could be his current neutral attack.

Edited by Dom

If they bring back Final Smashes which is something I hope that they will do, they should add in the concept of 'Team Final Smashes' for specific characters when paired up in vs. Mode. Mario and Luigi are just one example.  of course, simply bringing back the concept alone is enough to satisfy me anyway--I loved the idea of different characters having their own unique finisher. 

oh..and on a personal note..Link just looks so badass.

screen-3.jpg

Edited by Death the Kid

I would personally love to see Skyward Sword Zelda because she's my favorite design personally.

Idk how I feel about team specific final smashes though.... kinda unfair that a particular team may get some sort of advantage because they picked a themed team over their opponents.

Am I the only one who likes Ganon the way he is? Given, I wouldn't mind seeing him changed up a bit. Just keep his Tilts please. That tilt game is ridiculous

Edited by LunarEdge

I kind of hope they give ganon a similar treatment akin to how they re did bowser, it would be nice if he could get a moveset that's pulled from the past games instead of the whole captain falcon moveset that he keeps getting. Also, man that is one snazzy looking picture of link.

I won't mind if he's a Captain Falcon clone as long as he isn't bottom tier this time. As much as I hate him being a Falcon clone for no reason whatsoever, the moveset does fit him enough. Just change some of his non-specials and fiddle with his mechanics a bit more to differentiate between the two. I mean, a non-clone Ganondorf would be great, but at this point I'm not betting on it.

Alternatively they could include Ganon if he's in ALBW but considering how at this point Ganondorf has pretty much overridden Ganon as the Big Bad of the Zelda franchise (I guess you could say Ganon was hijacked by Ganondorf lololol) I'd say it's not all that likely. Maybe as a playable final smash a la Giga Bowser instead of his shitty FS from Brawl

I won't mind if he's a Captain Falcon clone as long as he isn't bottom tier this time. As much as I hate him being a Falcon clone for no reason whatsoever, the moveset does fit him enough. Just change some of his non-specials and fiddle with his mechanics a bit more to differentiate between the two. I mean, a non-clone Ganondorf would be great, but at this point I'm not betting on it.

Alternatively they could include Ganon if he's in ALBW but considering how at this point Ganondorf has pretty much overridden Ganon as the Big Bad of the Zelda franchise (I guess you could say Ganon was hijacked by Ganondorf lololol) I'd say it's not all that likely. Maybe as a playable final smash a la Giga Bowser instead of his shitty FS from Brawl

Maybe some of Ganondorf's normal attacks could be replaced by Falcon's original Super Smash Bros moveset.(Like the F-Smash)

2ldgfbs.jpg

Once again loving the visual effects for this game. The character models for the Links look great, too. 

• Thumbs Up 4

You know.... the more I think about, the more I don't mind clones.... I actually embrace the inclusion of clones. They give you an alternate play style for a character you already enjoy and gives you more options. I always liked Link in Melee and Brawl, but he was always a bit too slow for me, so switching off to Y/T.Link was ideal.

The thing about clones in any game is that they don't take away from development time that could be spent on other characters. Instead, they allow the devs to make extra additions that likely wouldn't have any substitute otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 7

The thing about clones in any game is that they don't take away from development time that could be spent on other characters. Instead, they allow the devs to make extra additions that likely wouldn't have any substitute otherwise.

I understand that, but lately for some reason I've grown accustomed to clone characters. If I remember correctly, Clones were added in Melee because Nintendo found themselves with extra time. It wasn't like they had a whole other set of characters planned that weren't clones but couldn't put them in because they already added the clone characters.

Believe me, i would like to see a fully diverse roster with no clones but I can say that I honestly don't mind clones as long as they play different enough from the character their cloning. In my opinion, characters like Brawl Ganon and T.Link and Brawl Falco are acceptable clones, but characters like Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy were NOT acceptable because they played exactly the same with other quirks.