Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

There's really no excuse for it anyway. I remember it got so bad I was afraid SM3DW was going to do it too. Thank every deity there is it didn't.

I could have told you that about 3D World months ago. Even back then, the demo let every player pick whoever they wanted (as long as they weren't already chosen of course).

It might just be to add challenge to the game (even though besides cranky, everyone seems pretty fair game).

So glad to have Old Man Jenkins....err....Cranky finally playable, finally showing us what a pro hero he was back in the day (all those ramblings back in the old games).

*prays that K. Rool comes back this time*

Yeah, I suppose its possible that its not K. Rool, but seriously he NEEDS to come back. He's always been DK's main antagonist. Why? Well, who cares why? I was so disappointed that K. Rool wasn't behind the previous Tiki invasion (plot twist: this game shows that K. Rool was responsible for them, I'd so love that :P).

Even if he's not back I guess I can deal with it, but it'd be a disappointment. Still, Cranky's pogo stick cane looks awesome.

I don't know what King K. Rool has to do with an ice age invasion but ok.

I want to see him return too, but I'm quite sure he's not in this one. Unless there's a third game, where he'll actually be the antagonist. =[ Anyway these new villains look a lot cooler (haha) than the Tiki ones from Returns.

I like that these guys are more varied. The Tiki's were just... I don't know... they work ok, but I like these ones more.

As for K. Rool... well, he's K. Rool. He just wants revenge against D.K. Yeah, ok, I know he barely has any backstory to him, but he was D.K's original main antagonist and it was awesome how he kept on taking on new alias's each game. Why not a snowy Viking that has returned to freeze over D.K. island and get revenge against his nemesis?

At this point I doubt it, but considering K. Rool's roles in the past I wouldn't put it past him honestly.

I honestly can't think of who else would be that shadowy mystery figure other than K. Rool anyway. They seem to be setting up for a surprise reveal of SOME sort with shadowy guy.

DK... what the fuck... why did you only invite Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky to your party?

I was under the impression it was a surprise party. What's Diddy, Dixie and Cranky's excuse for not inviting anyone else?

I was under the impression it was a surprise party. What's Diddy, Dixie and Cranky's excuse for not inviting anyone else?

That hut is just too small to fit all the other Kongs in.

Doesn't mean K. Rool's not behind him. Either way I still doubt it at this point, I just can't help but hope. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, but the Japanese Amazon page for this has added this GORGEOUS new screen:

882266_591263737596146_77673332_o_zps992

Holy crap, this is going to look AMAZING on a TV. Also, DAT BEARD SILHOUETTE.