Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

That's true overall its worth the wait anyways. Maybe that whole dynamic camera has something to do it and levels are larger and more dynamic too.

The levels are far more complicated (especially background wise) than Returns. I don't find it that surprising that it takes longer to load. Shit man, this isn't LEGO City levels, though.

The levels are far more complicated (especially background wise) than Returns. I don't find it that surprising that it takes longer to load. Shit man, this isn't LEGO City levels, though.

I think the LEGO games have more simplistic graphics, so its easier for them to run. Its possible they load throughout the level as well.

http://youtu.be/nwlLKpmlhpE

4:54 best part! Diddy is just adorable!

So much little detail going into this game. 9 more days now....

I wish someone would get a clean version of Grassland Grove up. That music is brilliant.

But to be totally honest, I want clean versions of everything. :/

What I was saying is the loading isn't as bad as LEGO City, which was downright PSX levels of loading there,

Oh, my mistake. Sorry about that. :P

Final Boss battle videos already???? O__O

That's one video I don't want to watch. Looking at the comments, it seems people found it to be a huge disappointment. Eh, whatever.

Such a shame it isn't K Rool.

Oh well, at least these guys have character, unlike the Tikis. I wouldn't mind if they showed up again actually.

Wasn't really expecting a really hard final boss anyway, all the games felt like they had easy as hell final bosses. It's getting to the final boss in DK games to me is the hard part.

And lol at those comments, people seem to set their expectations a little too high, it's pretty humurous.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry but the final boss doesn't really look all that impressive to me.

Appearance-wise he looks better than Tiki Tong, but he looks about 10 times easier. Tiki Tong was NOT easy by any means.

I always thought the thing about DKC Final bosses wasn't about how hard they are, but how long they are, forcing you to memorize their pattern and having to learn whenever they do something new, trying to survive long enough to get actual chance to kill them, looking back, all the Final Bosses on the trillogy were like that, the only reason it looks kinda easier here is because you have more than one chance to get hit, unlike the classics.

but it doesn't mean you won't end up getting hit anyways, looking by how he changes his pattern out of nowhere just to annoy the player during the battle, it does seem lik quite the endurance challenge. I'm sad it isn't K.Rool tho', and quite confused actually, why put someone into the shadows, revealing only a little bit of details of him, just so you can show it's someone totally new we've never seen before with nothing special BUT the details we could already see on his ''shadowy'' form? 

Actually their is one boss in the whole series that I truly struggle on, and that's freaking Mad Jack in 64.

It took me 2 years to beat that stupid Donald Duck wannabe

Are you fucking kidding me, Retro? That boss battle was pretty much K. Rool. It wasn't even

trying to be original.

Well, he does pull off TONS of K. Rool attacks, but he's got quite a few unique attacks, too. The main unique attacks I'm seeing is when he raising the platforms and slams them into the lava. Shooting ice birds at you is similar to K. Rool's crown throw, but its not quite the same. Overall he does "feel" more like a K. Rool boss, though, as opposed to Tiki Tong.

Rumour: GameSpot's review score leaks early... and it's going to cause controversy

If true... well, well, well! Wasn't expecting that.

In other news, ONM gave it 86% and the general review embargo allegedly ends tomorrow, so stay tuned for lots of scores and opinions flooding the net soon!

Considering this guys preview of the game, that leaked score isn't so surprising: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wrestling-with-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/1100-6416779/

I mean, I get why this guy feels this way (a new Retro IP or a Metroid game by them might get more interest in the Wii U....) but that is just unprofessional. He is having a fan criticism, not a professional criticism (which would fall along the lines of the game "not having a balance difficulty or the game is lacking content and the like), and having fan criticism in something that should be in a professional thing is really REALLY bad.

That website is so going to get flamed all over the place if that leaked review is true biggrin.png!