Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

But didn't Retro confirm in a recent interview that more than one animal buddy was supposed to be in this game?

...does that mean...I don't have to see that annoying pig waving its white flag, making fun of me for failing?

THANK GOD

But didn't Retro confirm in a recent interview that more than one animal buddy was supposed to be in this game?

I don't think so. The only thing I heard is that they felt they could've put more emphasis on animal buddies. That's it. Nothing about "more than one" animal buddy. Honestly the only other one I could've seen added is Enguarde, anyway, with the return of underwater levels and all.

A closer look at 3-1, with far better sound quality. Courtesy of Gamespot. Crappy playing included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FeUx5nffM

• Thumbs Up 1

I think buying this game for casual play for the soundtrack alone is worth a purchase, it's simply phenomenal how good a composer David Wise is, even after all this time he's still got it.

Honestly, David Wise and Grant Kirkhope are the best things to happen to Nintendo of old.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope this means that Wise gets more frequent work from Nintendo.

Ah, here's a better listen for the boss battle music he composed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTEoUHqluws

I think buying this game for casual play for the soundtrack alone is worth a purchase, it's simply phenomenal how good a composer David Wise is, even after all this time he's still got it.

Honestly, David Wise and Grant Kirkhope are the best things to happen to Nintendo of old.

Can't forget Eveline Novakovic (née Fischer), the composer of half of DKC1 and most of the SNES version of DKC3. She's amazing too!

• Thumbs Up 1

You can also listen to all five in this video. Track 3 is my personal favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe8mI_lV984

I really hope Nintendo keeps The Wise One around to work on more Nintendo games! <3

• Thumbs Up 2

Was this keyring pre-order bonus at GAME known about?

widget_DKC_TropicalFreeze.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/en/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-231308/?cm_sp=home-_-gamerecommends-_-donkeykongtropicalfreeze

For once a game isn't expensive there either. It's £32.99 online. 

I wonder if they'll let the first 10 customers pay for the game in bananas again, like they did the first game on Wii. I was one of the 10 at my local participating GAME.

I wonder if they'll let the first 10 customers pay for the game in bananas again, like they did the first game on Wii. I was one of the 10 at my local participating GAME.

THAT is clever. How many Bananas did you need to get the game?

Was this keyring pre-order bonus at GAME known about?

widget_DKC_TropicalFreeze.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/en/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-231308/?cm_sp=home-_-gamerecommends-_-donkeykongtropicalfreeze

For once a game isn't expensive there either. It's £32.99 online. 

Yep, I beat you to it a page or so back ;) we all bemoaned the lack of Cranky Kong!

And I doubt they'll do the banana promotion again, as cool as it was. Nintendo needs every penny they can get right now, and somehow I don't think a hoard of bananas is going to save them from their financial woes :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

We got the keyrings in a week or so ago and they look/feel pretty terrible.

(also holy balls that music, especially track 4!)

THAT is clever. How many Bananas did you need to get the game?

It just had to be a bunch. I think I paid £1 for a bunch at ASDA :lol: 

Yep, I beat you to it a page or so back wink.png we all bemoaned the lack of Cranky Kong!

And I doubt they'll do the banana promotion again, as cool as it was. Nintendo needs every penny they can get right now, and somehow I don't think a hoard of bananas is going to save them from their financial woes laugh.png

Not even posh Marks & Spencer bananas? :(

(also holy balls that music, especially track 4!)

Good to hear Nintendo has sent them in already, compared to how badly they've handled other gifts recently. 

Gotta say I'm loving this soundtrack I hope that it will be available

If Cranky Kong were on those keyrings he'd insist that they were made of only the finest quality materials, everything was better back in his day after all, not all this cheap cash-in rubbish us whippersnappers are used to getting now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe people are always trying to steal Donkey Kong's bananas because they know they'll eventually become the worldwide currency :U

You can also listen to all five in this video. Track 3 is my personal favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe8mI_lV984

I really hope Nintendo keeps The Wise One around to work on more Nintendo games! <3

Oooh, these are nice! Aquatic Ambience gets a remix too, which is great, it's one of my favorite tracks from DKC.

That track definitely gives off a DKC2 vibe.

As in, it's absolutely amazing. As if anything less can be expected from David Wise.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am so tempted and interested in this game, however I have limited gaming budget, and several other games I want from Nintendo this year, so I guess it depends on if we get any addition release dates announced in the direct this week