Awoo.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Face it, we ain't getting a direct this week.

you do realize they are generaly announced the day before at the last minute?

-These new villains are way more competent than Kamek, it takes them just a cutscene to transform the hero's home wacko.png

-Dixie's new model is... less than ugly mellow.png

-The overworld map has Crash Bandicoot 1 vibes. I like it smile.png

The video seems to confirm that track 5 from the site is indeed the Snowmads' theme. So that's cool I guess

Also I found DK and Cranky's brofist really amusing for some reason

• Thumbs Up 1

Long but pretty cool exclusive interview with David Wise on what it was like to work with Nintendo again and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope there's an "In a Snow Bound Land" remix. I mean we're fighting the Snowmads. The game is called Tropical Freeze. The last world is a frozen DK Island. It has to be in.

If you're not sure what song I mean here:

• Thumbs Up 4

Damn that Aquatic Ambiance remix is amazing

Here's hoping for a Stickerbrush Symphony remix as well

Speaking of that, if you don't mind spoilers, watch the video bellow wink.png.

• Thumbs Up 3

Damn... the nostalgia, oh the nostalgia... Donkey Kong Country is one of the main early games I always played as a kid and I just love it. All of these remixes are amazing. The first one I can't quite remember, but the other two I can. The third is recognizable but its harder to notice. Pretty sure that's the theme heard throughout much of the first world in DKC2 if I recall correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never was that attached to the original DKC series, but if I loved anything from those games, it was their soundtrack; so amazing man....

Hearing David Wise make such great remixes of his past work is a sight to behold, in the since that the newer hardware of the Wii U makes those original tunes sound really great along with the new tracks for TF being so good (dat Snowmad theme man....).

Yea, I'm expecting as great reviews as 3D World. Or is that a bit much? XD

Considering this is Retro we are talking about here, the game getting raving praise is expected man biggrin.png! Game Informer gave the game a 9.25, so we are already off to a great start for this games reviews.

I do wonder if the game will get higher scores than 3d World though...this game does have David Wise after all :).

Gameplay of Time Trial mode.

Also, according to Gaf the game takes 13 hours to complete without extras. Pretty great.

• Thumbs Up 4

Also, according to Gaf the game takes 13 hours to complete without extras. Pretty great.

Wait a minute. It seriously takes around 13 hours to beat without any of the side-content? How many levels are in this game?

Wait a minute. It seriously takes around 13 hours to beat without any of the side-content? How many levels are in this game?

All we know is that there are 6 Worlds. Not sure on how many levels within each world, nor if there's a Bonus World.

From what I read on Gaf and impressions online, the game has about 5-7 main levels per world plus 2 bonus levels unlocked by finding extra paths ala Mario World. Not to mention, the levels are much longer than DKCR from what the Game Informer review said, plus there is the time attack mirror modes, adding to the length to. I think it may be like 3d Land; it looks deceptive short but has a crap load of extra content post game :).

From what I read on Gaf and impressions online, the game has about 5-7 main levels per world plus 2 bonus levels unlocked by finding extra paths ala Mario World. Not to mention, the levels are much longer than DKCR from what the Game Informer review said, plus there is the time attack mirror modes, adding to the length to. I think it may be like 3d Land; it looks deceptive short but has a crap load of extra content post game smile.png.

13 hours to beat WITHOUT any of the side content.

Hey guys wanna win a Wii u with DKC tropical freeze and a 4 day vacation?

Guess how many bananas there are

That's for Canada, unfortunately. If my calculations are about accurate I'm thinking around 3,070 (3,072 is what I calculated) personally. That's assuming approximately one bunch of bananas per square and vertically and horizontally about four bunches can fit, estimating around 8 bananas each. After calculating how many would approximately be in one layer I multiplied that by eight again since its a square box.

Of course that's making several assumptions, but that's about all you can do. :P