Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Ah, okay.

So with the battle mode, do they basically just reuse tracks from normal races? If so, is it more like ASRT's battle race?

not really because your still racing but you have 3 lives and then your out.

this is just battle in race tracks, thats it.

Battle race was actually fun.

North America commerical. Seen this once, earlier in the day. 

Hell of a lot better than the dreadful Mario Kart Wii ads. X_X

• Thumbs Up 9

Ok, now that's a pretty good one, looks like they ARE getting some of their ninties charm back!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell of a lot better than the dreadful Mario Kart Wii ads. X_X

What you don't like cowboy Jeb and the mario kart emporium?

• Thumbs Up 1

A person I know on FB said it was like a Gamecube commercial, and he was right. :')

whaddya think Zookie, is Nintendo starting to get some of their advertising quirkiness back? first the play Nintendo thing where they hired Mega64, then the MK8 direct, and now this 

"Flippin' fun"?

Haha, I c wot u did thar Nintendo. Quite surprised they've gone for a slogan that's kind of erring on being a mild form of an expletive, but it's a genius choice considering the whole anti-grav mechanic. Plus, it'll appeal to the older demographics, hopefully proving Mario Kart isn't just a game for kids and babies even though this game is full of babies seriously why so many babies

:D

"Flip this shiz is flippin' fun! MOM GET ME A FLIPPING MOUNTAIN DEW"

I now love this slogan. It's exploitable.

A person I know on FB said it was like a Gamecube commercial, and he was right. :')

That's gonna sell a lot of units them /sarcasm

(the GC ads were funny, but they didn't work, no one besides Nintendo fans cared about them, so in this case I don't think being like a GC ad is a good thing)

• Thumbs Up 1

That's gonna sell a lot of units them /sarcasm

(the GC ads were funny, but they didn't work, no one besides Nintendo fans cared about them, so in this case I don't think being like a GC ad is a good thing)

I think it's a decent ad. Shows off the game well with a good description of its main hook and some good footage of the gameplay.

That said it's not really "cool", nor did I personally find it very funny, so I don't know how kids would react.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool commercial! Now if only we could get something that quirky and fun in Europe. Our Nintendo ads are always super lame. 8(

The beauty of this game in slow motion

• Thumbs Up 2

You're too slooow!

The game is even beautiful  in Slow-mo 

Iwata himself doesn't think so, unfortunately.

tumblr_n5j3yviM8J1qadqfco3_r2_1280.png

tumblr_n5j3yviM8J1qadqfco2_r1_500.png

Unbelievable. And to think people are asking why some argue he should step down.

In case you're wondering, yes it's fake :v

• Thumbs Up 6

Heh, looks great to me, but these tests are a tad painful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgwB8efn5g&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzbuXsAM-c&feature=player_embedded

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, those ads are pretty cool. They definitely harken back to the glory days of Nintendo marketing.

Shame we probably won't get anything that unique in the UK though, we'll likely just get more generic 'trailer'-esque TV adverts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those ads were really cool! I got a chuckle out of the super horn one where the guy falls over.

I got those Sonic Adventure 2:Battle ads' vibe from em'..y'know the one with cute hedgehogs..loved those ads back then..

Hey Canadians, you're getting an event on the 24th and 31st

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228230-nintendo-canada-announces-mario-s-karting-day-and-best-buy-demo

Nintendo Canada Announces Mario's Karting Day and Best Buy Demo

May 13, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy | Comments: 0 | Show/Hide

Mario's Canadian Karting Day Launch Events - May 31st (Toronto & Montreal)

Mario Kart 8 Demo Day at Best Buy Canada - May 24th

---

Join us for a day of racing as we celebrate the launch of the Mario Kart 8 game, only available on Wii U!

On May 31st, from 11am to 5pm, we'll be hosting a day of go-karting in Toronto and Montreal.

Toronto
401 Mini-Indy Go-Karts
37 Stoffel Drive

Montreal
Action 500
5592 Hochelaga

The first 500 people at each location will receive a free kart race! The winner of each race will be awarded a coveted blue shell trophy*.

Everyone who attends will have the chance to play Mario Kart 8 and win awesome Mario Kart prizes*. You’ll also be able to take a photo in our anti-gravity photo booth and have a chance to meet one of your favourite Nintendo characters!

In addition, on May 24 from 12pm to 4pm, visit one of the Best Buy locations near the Toronto and Montreal events to play the game early. The first 50 people to play the game will receive a free t-shirt voucher redeemable at Mario’s Canadian Karting Day on May 31st!

Ontario

65 Dundas Street W, Toronto

480 Progress Avenue, Scarborough

25 Peel Center Drive, Brampton

6075 Mavis Road, Mississauga

52 First Commerce Drive, Aurora

Quebec

6815 Trans-Canada Highway, Pointe-Claire

7077 Newman Blvd, Lasalle

8871 L'Acadie Boulevard, Montreal

7200 Boulevard des Roseraies, Anjou

*While supplies last

Full details here (thanks DSKO!)

ugh! Still too far away!

At least the game is not too long away but trying out a demo on a new game would be flippin' nice for once. Oh well. 

I wonder how large the medical bills for that kart race will be. Does health insurance cover blue shell attacks?

Mario Kart 8 Free Game Promotion Extended to Scandinavian Countries

People living in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland can now take advantage of the free Wii U game offer by means of a special website and PIN code, as they do not otherwise have access to Club Nintendo.

It's good to see Nintendo going the extra mile to do stuff like this to help promote its game, it can only lead to good things, surely!