Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

The idea of Mario Kart is simple, but when the AI opponents are spamming you with items, I wouldn't call it simple. I'm looking at you Wii....

That article about poor sales prediction and racism. I... just... what? More hate on Nintendo for the sake of hating I presume.

Anyway enough about, yay Achievement Hunter doing Mario Kart 8! :D

Why are people so terrible at video games that are extremely simple?

Because the Wiimote is a terrible controller for Mario Kart.

In their defence, they were playing the later cup with the harder tracks in it, despite Ryan never playing a Mario Kart title like this before, of course he's going to find it hard if they're just going to make him sit down and play a game, without getting adjusted to the controls beforehand.

Except it handles just as well as the Wii U Pad with a Wii wheel? And the Wiimote did it's job fine in MK Wii too. *looks at my gold Wii wheel on my save file*

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha! That was a very entertaining video.. xD

*looks at my gold Wii wheel on my save file*

Wow, I'm not sure how anyone is able to use that thing. I was really terrible with the wheel, even when playing on 50cc and 100cc in Mario Kart Wii. Props to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 other people were using normal controllers.

Actually one was using Wii U pad, another a pro controller and the other 2 used Wiimotes, one normal, one with motion plus in it.

Haha! That was a very entertaining video.. xD

Wow, I'm not sure how anyone is able to use that thing. I was really terrible with the wheel, even when playing on 50cc and 100cc in Mario Kart Wii. Props to you.

Yeah I found it fine, I'm aiming to do it on MK8 too!

I used the Wheel on Mario Kart Wii for YEARS.

Eventually I switched over to the Gamecube controller just because I got tired of batteries..

• Thumbs Up 7

You can only pull tricks with the Wiimote/Wii wheel anyway, you lost out on that feature with the Gamecube controller if I remember correctly.

You can only pull tricks with the Wiimote/Wii wheel anyway, you lost out on that feature with the Gamecube controller if I remember correctly.

No you didn't. You could still do tricks the only difference was that you had to use the d-pad

Also gamexplain's toad turnpikes secrets

http://youtu.be/pmcNROu4e-o

Sorry to disappoint fans of that stages mirror mode

Naw you can do them by pressing the D-Pad which takes some getting used to

They're actually easier to use on the GC controller since they just mapped it to the D Pad.

Sometimes the waggle would throw me off.

I mean two of the characters are Italian, while another two are evil counterparts of the main characters, which probabkly wouldn't have gone over well with a lot of people. And another five are literally  the same characters in baby form so they don't even count.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 other people were using normal controllers.

And the one using the wiimote was always dead last. Except that one time he was 11th.

The other racers did decently for 150cc at the last cup. You don't need to be in first every time to "not suck."

And I don't know how anyone can defend the wiimote as a decent, viable form of input for Mario Kart. I've never been able to master it, so maybe it's just me. But it seems to me that an analog stick is more receptive. I mean, there's a reason the wiimote user was always in dead last.

What I want to know though, PSI, is why you're so quick to saying "lol why does everyone suck at easy games?" It's making you come across as obnoxious and difficult to take seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't stand using any sort of motion controls for Kart, so it was always GC controller for me, and it'll be Wii-U gamepad (without gryo controls) for this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that was a stupid place to map them... Why not the Z button or something? Shows you how much I used the Wiimote.

My preferred method is the GameCube controller but I'm flexible switching between the Wii wheel and classic controller bro but I will never use the nun chuck it feels so wrong

My preferred method is the GameCube controller but I'm flexible switching between the Wii wheel and classic controller bro but I will never use the nun chuck it feels so wrong

Haha, my preferred control scheme was actually the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combo. It feels more comfortable than any other control scheme. 

As for MK8, I'll try the Gamepad. If I dislike it, I'll go back to the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

Eh wiimote wasn't my thing, I use wiimote and nunchuck. I can't make quick time movements going left and right with the wiimote and when I try I ended up messing up looking like an idiot trying to swerve in between a few obstacles.

I find the Wiimote to be an absolutely horrible controller period, so I wouldn't dream of using it for Kart. Bought a Pro Controller for this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

My cousin actually played pretty well with the wiimote when we were still playing Mario kart wii (it was his preferred choice) I just hated it since im no good with steering wheels.

Try playing smash bros with wiimote......worst controller option ever.

No Wiimote + nunchuk is even worse. But in the end we all have our preferred control methods so I'm not really going to complain that much

Used to switch between GameCube controller and the Wii wheel. The latter worked surprisingly well, and I actually found it slightly easier to use than the GameCube controller! Wii remote by itself though? I never used it because I could tell that it would be a nuisance to use. I never liked holding the Wii remote on its side, even with games where you're forced to use it like Return to Dreamland.

No Wiimote + nunchuk is even worse. But in the end we all have our preferred control methods so I'm not really going to complain that much

Hold up now........that's my best controller combo, I kick ass with them nunchuks in smash bros brawl.

Edit: my bad got off topic, this is Mario kart danmit!!!

Your right though we all got our preferred controllers