Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Maybe the graphics downgrade a bit while in 4-player? That's always a possibility since the FPS had to go down too. 

Well if AA is what it's going to take to keep it at 60 fps, I'm alright with it. 

Especially considering I didn't even notice it until you guys brought it up.

Well if AA is what it's going to take to keep it at 60 fps, I'm alright with it. 

Especially considering I didn't even notice it until you guys brought it up.

neither did I, and considering the speed you're going in this game, and how busy you are racing others, a little graphical fidelity in exchange for smooth framerates across the board I think we can live with 

Like DarkRula said, it probably has something to do with the TV resolution settings or the console being set to output at 1080p. More likely the later. Setting it to the game's native 720p will more than likely fix the issue if (like me) it bothers you.

W-well....we s-still have the l-limited edition.....oh.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have demos in the UK though.

Considering Austrailia got demos [i think I saw an article on it], the US getting demos this wekend possibly means the UK will get them next weekend.

Although if some pre-order sites mess up, some people could have the full game on that weekend anyway.

EDIT - Yup. Thought so.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-experience-store-australia-offering-mario-kart-8-demo/

Europe may have gotten all the good pre-order bonuses... but you guys in America get to play the game earlier at GameStop!

Mario Kart 8 demos at over 2,700 GameStop stores this weekend (17th-18th May)

I HAVE ENVY!

Mine isn't going to have it :( we have 2 Gamestops up here, and we are right inbetween Flagstaff and Pheonix, and Flagstaff gets 1, and Pheonix gets stinking 6 but none of ours get one so I don't get that poster unless they have it with my preorder :( 

Europe may have gotten all the good pre-order bonuses... but you guys in America get to play the game earlier at GameStop!

I HAVE ENVY!

Ahhhhhhh the Gamestop close to where I live is participating!

I'll give y'all my impressions if I can make it !!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet I have a GameStop 1/2 a mile from my house Ill try to give an impressions if not ill just tell my friend to go and get an opinion from him

I HAVE ENVY!

Well, look at that--my nearby GameStop over in Stratford, CT is participating in this event, too! If I can make it to said event, I'll give you my thoughts on it as well.

Wario Stadium DS footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcIW3LqEYxA

We may not have Waluigi Pinball in this game, but hey, at least the music is here!

Wonder why they didn't use Waluigi Pinball but still used the music....

Because both Waluigi Pinball and Wario Stadium used the same music.

Wario Stadium and Waluigi Pinball actually had the same music back in Mario Kart DS, so they're staying true to the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFubkwZ28k

It's a bit like Moo Moo Farm and Yoshi Valley both having the same music in Mario Kart 64. It's a tune so good you don't mind hearing it twice.

That track looks so much more lively than the original, but the same goes for all the tracks really.

And Wil, related tracks use the same music in older games, so all the Circuit's share the same theme, and in the DS version, Waluigi Pinball and Wario Stadium used the same theme.

EDIT - Three people all answered at the same time. Well, the answer's unaminous folks.

And MK, I think you mean Moo Moo Farm.

And MK, I think you mean Moo Moo Farm.

I did, literally just edited my post when I noticed the mistake :lol: I blame Moo Moo Meadows being in this game, confusing me with their similar names!

In addition to what Dante and Doctor MK has already said, Waluigi Pinball itself has already just been used in Mario Kart 7, so that's pretty much barred for now, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

I see it all the time on stuff like Facebook and article comments, but people always ask for tracks that have appeared in the last game.

"Coconut Mall or no purchase!" "Waluigi Pinball please :)" It gets a bit annoying, but then you do get some legit tracks, and some people telling those that want previous retro tracks returning how wrong they are for even expecting that.

I always keep expectations realistic, but I guess others have their reasons for wanting one track in game after game.

Oops, didn't know that it was a retro track. Still curious as to why they used the music, unless the original had the same music.

Oops, didn't know that it was a retro track. Still curious as to why they used the music, unless the original had the same music.

That's exactly the case, Wil. In Mario Kart DS, both Waluigi Pinball & Wario Stadium shared the same music track, so with Mario Kart 8's rendition of DS Wario Stadium, it has a remix of said shared track, just as Waluigi Pinball did in Mario Kart 7.

Ah, okay.

So with the battle mode, do they basically just reuse tracks from normal races? If so, is it more like ASRT's battle race?

I see it all the time on stuff like Facebook and article comments, but people always ask for tracks that have appeared in the last game.

"Coconut Mall or no purchase!" "Waluigi Pinball please :)" It gets a bit annoying, but then you do get some legit tracks, and some people telling those that want previous retro tracks returning how wrong they are for even expecting that.

I always keep expectations realistic, but I guess others have their reasons for wanting one track in game after game.

Morons really, they gotta stay up to date that a lot of tracks already been used.

Plus they'll just get the game anyway, bunch of babies craving attention.