Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I don't really care about battle mode that much, though there are a lot of people who like it so it's still a problem that they've ruined it. Who knows though, they might patch the proper battle mode in.

It feels like I'm literally the only one who never cared about Battle Mode.

I just want bomb battle back in a proper arena.

Maybe they should release a DLC Patch after release, and not to ruin the work put in just rename the existing battle mode something like "Cat and Mouse" or "Seek and Destroy"

Just watched that BitBlock review, and I can sort of agree with him about the challenges. Mario Kart is a massively great franchise, but if you gave any other arcade racer just Grand Prix, Versus, Time Trial and Seek and Destroy, you see how far you can get it. And that's not even counting the fact that most arcade racers ditch both the GP and Versus modes for singular races with the occasional time trial in a career.

Not to sound too... overly critical, but I'd add in numerous other modes as well. I'm thinking along the lines of thirty-second rush, slalom and elimination.

The game will still keep me playing into the hundreds of hours, but a bigger variety of modes keeps people playing longer. Although why people buy racing games if they're going to get tired of racing on the same tracks over and over beats me completely.

You aren't. Never touched the mode since I started playing Mario Kart.

Yeah.....Sometimes I forget about the existence of Battle Mode cause I'm almost ALWAYS racing.

But yeah, They could've at least brought back Mission Mode from MKDS. for more single player stuff..

Through, by the lack of actual Battle Mode arena's not to mention the last two characters they put in, it definitely felt like they had some Time Constraints for this game. DLC is still a possibility, until Nintendo dismisses it, through that would be a sucky choice for a game that has so much more potential.

@dante (I hate internet explorer, won't let me quote) yeah, throughout this whole cycle it feels as though with this game more than the others they focused a whole lot more on visual flair than anything else, not to say the balancing with the items wasn't welcome but it definitely seems this way.

You're all bad people with shitty childhoods if you haven't witnessed the sheer supremacy and zaniness of Battle mode in any Mario Kart title, especially 64.

of course i'm joking, but am I really?

• Thumbs Up 5

This game doesn't look like it has many extra modes going for it in general, really.

This game seems to be pushing the series forward in some ways and taking it backwards in others tbh

This game doesn't look like it has many extra modes going for it in general, really.

This game seems to be pushing the series forward in some ways and taking it backwards in others tbh

My sentiments exactly.

Seems to be the case for most Wii U titles lately.

You're all bad people with shitty childhoods if you haven't witnessed the sheer supremacy and zaniness of Battle mode in any Mario Kart title, especially 64.

Double dash has the best battle mode

:V

:VVV

But yes, Bob-omb battle mode was awesome too.

Oh Battle mode is just as important as racing. Because the day will come when I don't feel like racing......then what? This battle mode is just too boring. 

I also agree that bob-omb battle was flippin' fun! 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a terrible excuse for battle mode not being good. If anything, that's an argument for why they should fix it, and perhaps improve on the stuff that was good about older versions of it to the point that you would care about it. But even if that wasn't possible due to you being apathetic to it, the people that do care shouldn't be thrown under a bus, and you shouldn't try to silence them with "lol who even cares" statements.

Edited by Celestia
  • Thumbs Up 7

Understanding Nintendo and the need to get this game out lets me excuse that part, especially if it's going to come in as DLC in the future. Optimistic, yes?

• Thumbs Up 1

I only ever played Battle Mode locally or with online friends (in the case of Mario Kart Wii) occasionally so I don't really care too much about it but I understand that it's an important part of the game and to see it being so halfassed this time around is a shame. That's why I'm hoping DLC can improve it so people who LOVE battle mode can play it properly.

This is a terrible excuse for battle mode not being good. If anything, that's an argument for why they should fix it, and perhaps improve on the stuff that was good about older versions of it to the point that you would care about it. But even if that wasn't possible due to you being apathetic to it, the people that do care shouldn't be thrown under a bus, and you shouldn't try to silence them with "lol who even cares" statements.

Okay, I don't think he meant it in a lol who even cares way. Assumptions much?

Okay, I don't think he meant it in a lol who even cares way. Assumptions much?

Well, I mean, what did it add to the discussion? "I never cared about it anyway!" That's a fair enough opinion on it's own, but that's...all he said. After a bunch of posts of either professional critics or SSMBers criticizing something, a one-sentence post dismissing all of it with a pointless "I feel like I'm the only one who--" statement. It's very easy to assume he was trying to justify the developers half-assing that aspect of the game by insinuating it's not a big deal.

I'm not even that fussed over the battle mode myself, I'm just looking forward to some good ol' kart racin', so I apologize if what I was reading between the lines is incorrect. But somehow, I doubt that it wasn't yet another case of someone being ridiculously defensive over Nintendo making (brace yourselves......) a mistake. Perhaps one that makes sense from one point of view: they had to release this game soon considering...well, everything. But that doesn't really excuse an entire mode of a game being unfun by many accounts.

I don't play it very often, but I never never cared about it. It's sad to see that Nintendo have ruined other people's fun...

Not to mention that as you can see above,and look several pages back the notion of people who never cared for battle mode heavily outweigh those that do here, so I have no idea where you got the assumption that you feel like you're the "only one who doesn't care" for battle mode.

Literally can only think of me and Wraith who praise how good Battle mode is, and how it rounds off and completes a Mario Kart experience.

Even if you DON'T care about Battle mode, crippling a mode like this when this game is already pretty low on content is just kinda inexcusable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Informer Test Chamber, including some amazing Waluigi and Luigi rivalry and showcasing just some of the brilliance of MKTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8_s0Anf7k

• Thumbs Up 2

Not to mention that as you can see above,and look several pages back the notion of people who never cared for battle mode heavily outweigh those that do here, so I have no idea where you got the assumption that you feel like you're the "only one who doesn't care" for battle mode.

Literally can only think of me and Wraith who praise how good Battle mode is, and how it rounds off and completes a Mario Kart experience.

Add me to that list. I played a lot more Battle Mode than Racing in Double Dash. Bob-Omb Blast was the shit for ages.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree that it totally sucks for the people that did like it. It's just not going to affect me as much.

Oh Battle mode is just as important as racing. Because the day will come when I don't feel like racing......then what? This battle mode is just too boring. 

I also agree that bob-omb battle was flippin' fun!

You mean bob-omb battle was a blast! :D sorry

I hope that battle mode gets DLC though. Instead of just arenas they should also add bob-omb battle, sunshine theif, coin runners and just for the heck of it battle race since they pretty much have the bases for that mode

Battle Mode hasn't been good since MK64 for me. I can't defend the makeshift Battle Mode in MK8, but I can't say I would have enjoyed it unless they put their all into it.

Speaking of putting their all into it, some other modes would have been nice too, like those Boss and Challenge modes from MKDS?

It'd be nice to get some of those modes via DLC, better than nothing, but the fact that people want DLC of what used to be included in the base game kinda saddens me.

• Thumbs Up 2