Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Mario Kart 8 Free Game Promotion Extended to Scandinavian Countries

People living in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland can now take advantage of the free Wii U game offer by means of a special website and PIN code, as they do not otherwise have access to Club Nintendo.

It's good to see Nintendo going the extra mile to do stuff like this to help promote its game, it can only lead to good things, surely!

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. We usually get left out on stuff like this so it's great to see Nintendo do this. I've already preordered the game from Amazon UK though so maybe I should cancel that and just buy the game from Finland, since the UK version probably won't contain the PIN code required to get the free game.  

Hidden details and easter eggs from GameXplain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_hc_Ia0AY

• Thumbs Up 3

Hidden details and easter eggs from GameXplain:

*Video*

Those are pretty cool. I can never resist watching these things, even though I know I should so I can find these things myself laugh.png

Can someone clarify Mario Kart 8's resolution? I made a status the other day after reading an article which said it was 1080p but people were saying it wasn't. Here's the article in question.

http://purenintendo.com/2014/05/06/mario-kart-8-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-even-in-two-player-mode/

Did Pure Nintendo get its information wrong?

Can someone clarify Mario Kart 8's resolution? I made a status the other day after reading an article which said it was 1080p but people were saying it wasn't. Here's the article in question.

http://purenintendo.com/2014/05/06/mario-kart-8-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-even-in-two-player-mode/

Did Pure Nintendo get its information wrong?

Don't trust fansites for news.

Yes, they did. The game's very clearly 720p/60fps with no AA. Multiplayer is probably 30fps, though that's just me guessing.

Don't trust fansites for news.

Yes, they did. The game's very clearly 720p/60fps with no AA. Multiplayer is probably 30fps, though that's just me guessing.

3 and 4 player split-screen is 30 FPS, but 2 player split-screen remains at 60. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What's the framerate for online? Is 60fps possible over an online service?

What's the framerate for online? Is 60fps possible over an online service?

FPS and fighting games have both been able to do that for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InuXHdTmQxY&index=2&list=FLTaS1PSdZeVZPDoDnqZ3ddQ

Seems to run good to me Online, but I'm no expert.

Plus this is only a match between folks from France so I guess this just counts for Regionals. Their hasn't been a video uploaded of a Worldwide race yet. 

I kinda wish all the Reviewers across the world would do a Worldwide match for all of us to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InuXHdTmQxY&index=2&list=FLTaS1PSdZeVZPDoDnqZ3ddQ

Seems to run good to me Online, but I'm no expert.

Plus this is only a match between folks from France so I guess this just counts for Regionals. Their hasn't been a video uploaded of a Worldwide race yet. 

I kinda wish all the Reviewers across the world would do a Worldwide match for all of us to see.

I have never done online matches before but the prospect of people having multiples of the same character is amusing to me.

I know what this means:

ALL WALUIGI RACE.

And GameXplain's review of the game is out, I can agree quite well with it. 

I do feel game seems to be kinda slow at points. (not by framerate, but by sensation of speed)

That's right, the review embargo has now been busted wide open - the game currently has a Metacritic score of 89 based on 33 reviews.

Here's a very quick selection just to showcase the average score range:

Eurogamer - 10/10

ONM - 96%

IGN - 9.0

Polygon - 9.0

EDGE - 9/10

Metro - 9/10

NintendoLife - 9/10

CVG - 9/10

GameTrailers - 8.6

GamesRadar - 4/5

GameSpot - 8/10

NintendoWorldReport - 7.5/10

• Thumbs Up 6

Glad to see so many high review scores. Looks like another hit.

It's been a while since a Mario Kart game received high praise as much as this title. Pretty much the only thing everyone's knocking the game down for, is a mode that never interested me. Really excited to get my hands on the game in two weeks.

At one point in the GT review when talking about the battle mode they made mention of the challenges and boss races that were in games like Mario Kart DS and it made me wonder why the heck those haven't returned yet.  I personally thought they were really neat addition that helped add quite a lot of replay value and variety to the single player experience.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just saw screw attacks review. They gave it a 7

I believe Alice Twilight said something on the SEGA forums about a week ago that a Westfield in Australia had a demo station or something.

Here's The Bit Block's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIAQJoqiNKQ

As expected, everyone is mentioning how disappointed they are with the new Battle mode. Which is a shame, of course. But on the plus side, everyone being vocal about their disappointment might make Nintendo listen and fix it in a future update or DLC or something.

It feels like I'm literally the only one who never cared about Battle Mode.

• Thumbs Up 9

I never really cared for it either, but it'd still be nice to see it fixed for those who do want to make the most of it.

You're not.  I and a few others that have posted here don't care much for it either.  It's still a shame for those who do care though, as Battle Mode being underwhelming in this game is, by the looks of it, pretty much a unanimous view.