Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Opening cutscene

Oh, hey, Mario and Luigi actually used their plumbing skills for once! Neato!

• Thumbs Up 8

gt72.png

Gotta love how Luigi and Toad flinch when Peach is struggling to go down the pipe...but Mario is frozen like a statue, like he was too busy staring at something to react...

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow. While the story is still simple and sweet I love how much character there is in this one cutscene already! I especially like Luigi's personality cos it's quite close to how he's depicted in Luigi's Mansion and M&L. =D

And dat 2D art. I want more Nintendo, more! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the little touches to everyone in that cutscene gushed with character despite no spoken word. Luigi was definitely the best, though. Bit cowardly, but still dedicated.

Gotta admit, nintendo is really impressing me with how this game is looking so far. Can definitely tell there really starting to step up there game this year.

That cutscene is nice!

Love how much character is shown, dispite no words being spoken.

Edited by -Metal Sonic-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, seeing Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Peach all adventuring together gives me major nostalgia for SMB2 and (my guilty pleasure, I know) the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Loving it so far, and I'm eagerly awaiting the game's release!

I like to think they picked Blue Toad in particular over Yellow Toad or a regular generic Toad because the Toad in SMB2 was blue.

REALLY can't wait for this. I think what I liked the best about that cutscene was the shit-eating grin Bowser gives the heroes after he captures the fairy. 

I like to think they picked Blue Toad in particular over Yellow Toad or a regular generic Toad because the Toad in SMB2 was blue.

It definitely is.

It's a SMB2 reference for sure, but it would also be a bit redundant to play as Red Toad in the normal levels since you play as the Toad Brigade Captain (who's also red--possibly the same "character" as the usual Red Toad?) in those little puzzle level things.

SMB2_NES_Toad.pngchar-blue-toad.jpg

The NES color pallette made this a thing...if it wasn't for that...this would definitley not be the reason.

Edited by Chrononego

So I can blame the NES pallette for lack of Wario?! >:C

Wario was introduced in a GB game a system that came out after the SNES

Wario don't care 'bout fairies and cherries and kitty cat bells!

I disagree. The Double Cherry would be Wario's favourite powerup, because it would mean more Wario in the world.

• Thumbs Up 9