Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

I think we can say with certainty, Stanley won't ever be returning. DK Jr. might get an appearance in some spin-off, but even that is unlikely after they threw him out.

isnt DK jr the current DK?

I belive the theory is that he is either that, or the father of the current DK now that I think about it.... ok maybe I need to figure out another third team member

Depends who you ask... Cranky Kong is known to be the original Donkey Kong, with the current DK being either his son or grandson depending on the source. Which would mean DK is either DK Jr grown up or DK Jr is a deadbeat dad who left his son with grandpa when he ran off. 

Donkey Kong family tree is actually more complex than the Zelda timeline.

IT's a fan theory based on the fact that Cranky said he was the DK in the original Donkey Kong. They took it as Cranky was the original, then the DK in the Countries became a new Cranky Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. became the current DK. Or something like that.

Didn't DK 64 call Donkey Kong the grandson of Cranky? I don't think that was in any other games though. I don't think that we can use that as a source because Diddy looks as normal as he was in DKC 1, 2, &3 and they didn't say if he was the son of another Diddy.

Edited by Mr. 0

Great guys, now you've got me thinking of Rosalina using all the different power-ups.

Like Catsuit Rosalina.

Words cannot describe how much this needs to happen.

Seriously, even if Rosalina doesn't end up being playable, she needs to at least have an appearance. I will not accept the Comet Observatory being in the game without its glorious owner.

Not sure where to post this, but:

My sister and her friend went to McDonalds today and discovered that McDonalds(Germany at least), is putting Super Mario toys in the Happy Meals:

02_teaser_toy_1600.jpg03_teaser_toy_1600.jpg04_teaser_toy_1600.jpg05_teaser_toy_1600.jpg06_teaser_toy_1600.jpg07_teaser_toy_1600.jpg

http://www.mcdonalds.de/familien/spielzeug

She picked Peach.

Fuck this shitty old flashlight. I need a Donkey Kong flashlight.

Also, Peach is in front of Mario's grave after a game over.

Edited by Mr. 0

Dammit why does McDonalds in the UK never get cool Happy Meal toys like that any more

I wants me some Mario with my cheeseburger

Dammit why does McDonalds in the UK never get cool Happy Meal toys like that any more   I wants me some Mario with my cheeseburger
The last time McDonnalds had mario toys(in the us) was back in 2007.

The last time McDonnalds had mario toys(in the us) was back in 2007.

Last time I remember was the days of the Mario Pinball toys based off the GBA game.(I think the game was called Mario Pinball Adventure)

Last time I remember was the days of the Mario Pinball toys based off the GBA game.(I think the game was called Mario Pinball Adventure)

I believe it was called Mario Pinball Land or Super Mario Ball, depending on your region.

Either way, it sucked.

Not sure where to post this, but:

My sister and her friend went to McDonalds today and discovered that McDonalds(Germany at least), is putting Super Mario toys in the Happy Meals:

02_teaser_toy_1600.jpg03_teaser_toy_1600.jpg04_teaser_toy_1600.jpg05_teaser_toy_1600.jpg06_teaser_toy_1600.jpg07_teaser_toy_1600.jpg

http://www.mcdonalds.de/familien/spielzeug

She picked Peach.

All of those are awesome. I wish the US got things like this, our fast food toys are much more poorly painted.

Edited by Person

I...like what the game is offering. It all looks pretty good, and even though its very easy I like the new Bowser styled boss fight. Mario is now a cannon, he gets to shoot things with the closest thing to a gun he'll ever have.

So I was looking at the trailer on youtube and I found this exchange in the comments and it was a while before I could stop laughing:

WOW! CAT MARIO IS JUST LIKE A CAT PERSON NAMED TAOKAKA! SEARCH HER UP! NINTENDO IS STEALING HER MOVES!

Does Taokaka have a bitchin' car like Bowser's at 2:19? Also, caps-rage doesn't make you any more intelligent. It just makes you look like the douchebag that you are.

Taokaka has claws that come out her hands. she would kill everyone in the mario universe, just like anyone else can. she can blow up a car, easily.

Bowser has claws that come out of his hands. Pretty much every main Mario character could easily destroy a car. I mean come on, Mario could reduce a whole fortress to rubble in a matter of seconds in SMW.

Every character can do that in blazeblue, in like 10 seconds. and kill bowser. not defeat, KILL. not step on his head, KILL. and it would take ages for a mario character to destroy a car instead of a second. whats he going to do to destroy a car fast, Step on it?

No they definitely could not KILL bowser, this dude was on exploding star, then survived the Big Bang a few seconds later, nothing any blazeblue character can do to mimic a Big Bang, which didn't even kill him. (in SMG2 he also got sucked into a black hole and came out unscathed) Mario also electrocutes anyone who touches him, (Paper Mario) they take half the damage (Paper Mario), and mario's reacted at light speeds (SMG) Mario can also freeze time. Mario has to many games that give abilities.

What? mario can die in one hit if he got sliced in half. Same thing goes for gay ass bowser, if taokaka or anybody else in the blazblue universe had bowser down, they would kill him, slice him, and dice him. and it woulden't be long before they kill the hole mushroom kingdom if they were evil. admit defeat mario is for KIDS. thats why they make all this KID stuff. if bowser was in blazblue, he would DIE.

If the Mario cast can hold their own against bounty hunters, ninjas and soldiers in Smash Bros., why couldn't they do the same in Blazblue? Admit defeat, you're not making any sense.

Ok seriously you guys are being really really stupid right now!

Blazblue is a fighting game with characters that can destroy whole timelines so yea they would wreck Mario&co. not derpy ass Tao but everyone else pretty much would wreck them!

My question why does it matter at all?Mario isn't meant to compete with characters of that caliber or in general!

Its a superb platformer lLEAVE IT AS SUCH!

But ore to the point, this is looking pretty nice, and now I'm thinking about getting a WiiU, it's almost as if Nintendo should make a Mario game to sell their consoles.  

I spotted some kind of optically camouflaged thing on the left of the screen during the goomba head Metal gear bit.  

ind myself wondering if there's actually as much cat related content in this game as the trailer would imply or if it's from a few levels.  It looks like powerups actually stick for a while which is nice.  

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was looking at the trailer on youtube and I found this exchange in the comments and it was a while before I could stop laughing:

But ore to the point, this is looking pretty nice, and now I'm thinking about getting a WiiU, it's almost as if Nintendo should make a Mario game to sell their consoles.  

I spotted some kind of optically camouflaged thing on the left of the screen during the goomba head Metal gear bit.  

ind myself wondering if there's actually as much cat related content in this game as the trailer would imply or if it's from a few levels.  It looks like powerups actually stick for a while which is nice.  

That was probably the funniest thing ive seen all day.

But to be on topic I like where this game is heading so far, it looks very innovative and new, the only thing I wish is that it had a playable toadette (my favorite character).

I stand corrected. But if I may present my defense to the court please. While I have seen the "game" Yoshi's Safari mentioned numerous times, I never knew what it was about. That is all, your honor. Well he had a superscope in Smash bros. too. But that doesn't help me though.

They need to bring Prince Pine back. Waluigi needs someone to save, then rob and Wario would just salivate over the idea of pillaging a place called Jewelry Land.

Come on Nintendo, do it.

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 2

I got to play this game at the EB Expo last Friday. I have to say it was pretty fun, I loved the cat suit. The scratch attack can take out multiple enemies and the climbing mechanic is really clever. You can even climb the flag post to gurantee that extra life at the top! My only fault is that movement was a bit slow, even when running. And multiplayer is still a bit frustrating in how the camera only focuses on the player in the lead, rather than everyone else. But I won't be playing that mode at all so I guess I could give it a pass.

This is tempting me to get a Wii U just for this game, but I'll wait a while first. This is probably the most fun Mario game I've played since NSMB 2 (I don't play Mario games that often.)

I got to play this game at the EB Expo last Friday. I have to say it was pretty fun, I loved the cat suit. The scratch attack can take out multiple enemies and the climbing mechanic is really clever. You can even climb the flag post to gurantee that extra life at the top! My only fault is that movement was a bit slow, even when running. And multiplayer is still a bit frustrating in how the camera only focuses on the player in the lead, rather than everyone else. But I won't be playing that mode at all so I guess I could give it a pass.

The Running has two accelerations and only keeps the momentum if you don't suddenly shift in speed, the Multiplayer camera is like that in the NSMB console versions as well, its not entirely possible to keep it focused on all the players without really zooming the camera out and they can only zoom it out so much.