Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

At first I was skeptical of this game, then I grew to look forward to it, then I got pretty excited for it, and now I am freakin' pumped.  That trailer was fantastic.  The levels all have very creative-looking elements, the creativity has definitely been ramped up several notches since 3D Land, and it looks like there's lots of potential for exploring.  That huge grassland area?  Damn.

Can't wait for this.  Lost World was at the top of my hype list, but now the two are equally must-haves for me.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Bullet Bill level look so chaotic, but in a good way. And even that boss battle at the end looked fun.

Hype levels are through the roof right now. Can't wait to play this with my siblings.

Edited by Captain Levi

Dat Gameplay

Dat Original Music

Dat Remixed 3D Land Music

Dat Level Structure

Dat Bowser Boss Fight

Dat Everything

I want this game really badly, more-so than ever, if you couldn't tell.

Edited by Haunted Haden
  • Thumbs Up 4

Remember when I was saying this was the next big Mario and Nintendo needed to pick up their game on advertising it, which was then followed by people in disbelief of it being anything more than NSMB in 3D?

:P

In seriousness though, I had my doubts too. And thankfully, they're now gone forever because I am STOKED. This game is already looking like its gonna wipe the Galaxy games away from my memories, and could maybe stack itself as one of my favorite Mario games ever (right besides SMW and 64). Its hitting all those sweet spots, fdjhfs, just hope that keeps happening. <3

• Thumbs Up 3

No Balance Board support? Fuck this game. 

I see what you did there... You're alright, Fierce Deity.

Though how the heck did I not remember the Wii balance board?! I'm like one of the few dudes on here who at least keeps up with Wii Fit. Derp there on me!

Edited by Wonder-Unity

Everything about those levels were pure win. Sonic may have some love, but Mario just shitted all over him with this game. The beauty, the lust, the music. DAT Fire Toad!!! If I owned a Wii-u, I'd have to prep my body.

Everything about those levels were pure win. Sonic may have some love, but Mario just shitted all over him with this game. The beauty, the lust, the music. DAT Fire Toad!!! If I owned a Wii-u, I'd have to prep my body.

*uses force* you will buy a wii-u

*laughs at everyone who previously said this looked like another NSMB-esque cash-in*

It did look like one. The first trailer let on that that it was nothing more than 3DL with co-op, which isn't a good thing when you're like me and can't stand 3DL.

The initial trailer had tons of things in it that set it apart from 3D Land. This new one just drives the point home.

• Thumbs Up 1

People were just mad that the next mario kart and the next 3D sonic game looked better than the next 3D mario game and they set their expectations so high that they though they were getting a galaxy 3

The initial trailer had tons of things in it that set it apart from 3D Land. This new one just drives the point home.

Upon rewatching the first trailer, I still fail to see what set it apart from 3DL. It made the game look completely mediocre.

Upon rewatching the first trailer, I still fail to see what set it apart from 3DL. It made the game look completely mediocre.

Playable Peach.

Instantly 1000x better.

I will admit I was one of the people who were upset that we weren't getting a Galaxy-esque kind of game, but after that direct trailer I am completely and utterly swayed into getting this day one, it looks so fun oh my god.

• Thumbs Up 1

So having watched all of those vids here are my thoughts:

- The beanpole level looks really fun. The use of the catsuit was pretty clever, though it'll probably be a nightmare with co-op

-Glad that this game doesn't feel the need to take the MariovsBowser boss fights so seriously. The Bower pimp car fight(I'll call it the Bimp) also looked much more challenging than Galaxy's.

- Shadow Play-Alley was the plainest one, but at least it made up for it with some clever visual tricks.

All in all completely hyped. Can't wait till I get a WiiU now.

Re-watching that footage... and I've come to one conclusion.

If you don't think Shadow Play-Alley's 2D section was the best thing ever then get out of my face.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh. Can't say I agree with you. I thought SLW looked medicore at fist. Yet the more they show off, the better it looks. But as of now, it still does not have me hyped for it. My interest was just peaked. 3DL has me hyped and I don't even own a system to play it with. 

People were just mad that the next mario kart and the next 3D sonic game looked better than the next 3D mario game and they set their expectations so high that they though they were getting a galaxy 3

Really? 3DL looks so much better than SLW to me. While the next MK looks simply outstanding. Along with SSB4.

3D Land by itself was goddamn amazing, and I was not opposed to more of that, as long as it resulted in lots more crazy awesome level design, and it looks like I'm not gonna be disappointed in that department.

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably the first time since sunshine but I really really want this mario game, it looks so good.

Probably the first time since sunshine but I really really want this mario game, it looks so good.

Is baffled that you didn't really want any of the galaxy games.