Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

We don't even know if Dimps is developing the 3DS version or not yet, Mr. Quick to Assume.

So to recap, the 3DS version has -balloons -??? Dimps has done it again you guys

Those are Fish (Chopper? Masher? Somehting else?) Badniks, not Balloons. They look the same as the ones in the Wii U Version, seen in the trailer. It is a small screenshot, but I could make them out.

Edit: Ninja'd in a fast-moving thread. Oh well.

Also, I do hope there's no boost for sure, and it'd be nice to have a real spindash back. Oh, and I for one don't like the rotating camera during the slope, reminds me of the Mobile versions of Sonic 4, and Death Egg Mark II, which were both disorienting as hell for me. I did get used to it sorta, but I don't think I should need to.

Edited by Shade Vortex

Those are Fish (Chopper? Masher? Somehting else?) Badniks, not Balloons. They look the same as the ones in the Wii U Version, seen in the trailer. It is a small screenshot, but I could make them out.
Hey Buddy Check out those other three replies and my own reply

Hey Buddy Check out those other three replies and my own reply

I guarantee that while I was making that post, those replies didn't exist. No need to be a smartass, it's a fast-moving thread. I edited my post.

I guarantee that while I was making that post, those replies didn't exist. No need to be a hilarious cool dude with a 'tude, it's a fast-moving thread. I edited my post.
Whatever you say, but is it just me or are my quotes being squished together? Like, when I typed them, I hit ENTER in between "hey" and "buddy" etc. but when you quoted them they were all one one line. I should also nudge this conversation back on topic before I single handedly derail the thread.

Well, just from that screenshot of the 3DS version, I'm guessing it'll stay 2D like all other handheld games.

Hope I'm proved wrong tomorrow, but I'm not holding out for it.

Looks like they ditched the boost in this game. Not like its a bad thing.

If the trailer alone made most of us fall in love with the game, the details might make our heads splode.

This new playstyle makes me feel a little hopeful that Tails and Knuckles will be playable. I was never sure how they would play in the fast paced style of the Modern Era games. Generations and the Unleashed mod showed me that Shadow and Silver could, because they were pretty much Sonic clones, but now that Lost World seems to be featuring a more explorative and open-ended level design and play style, I think Tails and Knuckles may make a return in playable form.

I'm liking the X-Treme style of gameplay, it worked well in Mario Galaxy and what with Sega teaming up with Nintendo I'm sure they will be getting some pointers.

Circle fast running feet returning is awesome. And I'm loving the fancy tricks and moves that we have always known Sonic could do but could never really do them ourselves.

The only thing I'm not digging is the "new threat", they don't look so out of place now we have seen them (except maybe one or two of them) but I just don't see them being "Sonic'ish". Guess I will just have to wait and see how they handle it. Even with the X-Treme connection with these guys around there's no chance of seeing Nack *sigh* oh well there's always next time haha

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

..They did it.

They actually fucking implemented the multi-tiered speed system that I've been suggesting for years!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait. So to run, you need one trigger held down. To activate spin dash, you need both held down.

Pretty neat system. This could be a favourite easily. I suppose with all that 3D platforming, they needed a system that would allow high speed and exploring speed without trying to keep the analogue stick in a 'quarter down' position.

Be even more interesting to see how this plays out now, and I see what they meant by 'new gameplay mechanic'.

28016soniclostworld3dstoprgbv26jpg-50e22

"There’s plenty we don’t know about Lost World. The precise world and level structure remains a bit elusive. The size of the game. The nature of the bosses. However the biggest question mark of all is the 3DS version of the game. We know it will incorporate full 3D levels similar to the Wii U game, but the scale or design of these remains to be seen."

AND THAT'S HOW MY FAITH IN THE 3DS VERSION WAS RESTORED!

iegKIbBsZ.gif

Well, *ehem* most of it. But it's a huge majority. That run button sounds awesome, too. Of course, it'll be the new boost, just not as broken and abusable. It's what it "should have been".

Edited by Auto

I do not want to be boring, but I was very disappointed with the game. unsure.png

Not because it can be bad game, and yes, by the fact still have nostalgia and throwback in games.

It has old enemies in the trailer...

Okay, okay, maybe I'm just getting too excited that we're finally gonna get a portable Sonic game that's not only 3D in special stages.

.... But you know what? I'm gonna shower in that excitement like that art film maker bathed herself in honey!

Edited by Auto

The GamePad will also play a role in ‘Support Mode,’ which allows one player to use Wii U’s tablet to assist a second player who is controlling Sonic with a Wii remote and Nunchuck.

Even more similarities to Super Mario Galaxy as a second Wii remote in that game could allow a friend to collect starbits and stun enemies.

Speaking of playing as Sonic, while the iconic hedgehog is the only character players will directly control, friends such as Tails, Knuckles and Amy will make appearances in the story.

That is disappointing. I'm hoping that's not true like the early reports that Shadow and Knuckles were going to be in Unleashed and it won't be another Sonic-only fest. I'm glad though we are at least going to see Knuckles and Amy in this game.

Edit: Did not see the preview topic when I posted.

Edited by RisingForever

So, they actually made a first level that isn't based off of Seaside Hill.

Anyone else surprised?

• Thumbs Up 3

3-tier speed system? That actually could be the best thing they've tried in years. It definitely means platforming will be smoother than it's been in like the last decade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Diogenes SOOOO called the Speed System in another thread!

I'm loving how it looks so far though!

Isn't a writer of Colors contributing to this game? I sure hope so, a modern Sonic story is nothing without a deliciously ham and cheesy Eggman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLh5vfuNdFw

(Yes, I know, he didn't contribute to Generations, but this is one of my top 5 favorite Eggman moments and it's appropriate for this post)