Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

So, they actually made a first level that isn't based off of Seaside Hill.

Anyone else surprised?

It's Green Hill. Not Seaside Hill, but still pretty predictable.

It was everyones second guess.:P

I wonder when the demos will be released. I'm so hyped that I'm even aching to make Sonic take a single step.

Not impressed by the graphics but the rest looks lovely.

The trailer makes it seem like it's a bit of a linear thing but just glancing at the map (instead of looking at sonic) suggests that there might be some very interesting stuff to do (besides, most of the footage shown here seems to have been done in running/boost speed, can't wait to take some walks and see what we can do on this levels, the way this level looks gives me the idea of going either up or down or all around, it has potential).

Also, it feels so odd to see the "animal friends" and Wisps together, it makes me think the first level takes place on Sonic's world with the deadly 6 attacking for some reason, and later we end up int the Lost World... Could be wrong though and maybe both little animals and Wisps became incredibly prolific as the time went. :V

Shame I don't have a Wii-U but I'll follow this game closely, makes me curious if upcoming Sonic offers will try to take on this new "X-Treme/Galaxy" style... Is this really the end of the "boost era"? o.o

Can't wait to find it out! :D

Edited by gato

Handheld version has 3D sections?

Yep, it certainly does!

Take a look:

28012soniclostworld3dstoprgbv22jpg-50e22

28014soniclostworld3dstoprgbv24jpg-30b20

28016soniclostworld3dstoprgbv26jpg-50e22

Sonic X-treme + Mario Galaxy= greatness?

uj207Cd.jpg

I don't even care if they're taking ideas from Galaxy, in fact I'm more glad that they admitted, gets all that "lol they stole from nintendon't" bullshit out of the way.

Man, I'm so god damn hyped. I've always wanted a Sonic game in that X-treme style, and we're finally getting one!

Btw, have we talked about the "deadly six being the chaos emeralds personified" theory yet?

SPw1T8J.png
chaos-emeralds-png.png

Only one missing is the gray one. Final boss perhaps?

Or am I too slow?

I suggested that the deadly Six could be personifications of the negative power of the emeralds, but I guess we'll see.

...So is the Grey Emerald supposed to be a White World Corrupted Eggman or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Or the deadly six could be personifications of Wisps exposed to negative Chaos Emerald energy. Or something along the entire game being part of an entire artificial world created by Eggman.

So do you disagree, or reluctantly agree? I think it's a pretty accurate statement. There's a reason Sonic performs so well on Nintendo platforms.

Someone at Retro posted this pic of Walugi:

toothy_zps34bbf085.jpg

I'd expect him to look very much like that, only a bit more batshit with a smile, instead of evil.

I only just saw this now because this was the last post I was on when I last checked this topic apparently (clicked to go to first unread post), but felt the need to quote because of how fucking spot on it turned out to be.

Edited by JezMM

(Yes, I know, he didn't contribute to Generations, but this is one of my top 5 favorite Eggman moments and it's appropriate for this post)

Wait, are you sure about this?

Isn't a writer of Colors contributing to this game? I sure hope so, a modern Sonic story is nothing without a deliciously ham and cheesy Eggman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLh5vfuNdFw

(Yes, I know, he didn't contribute to Generations, but this is one of my top 5 favorite Eggman moments and it's appropriate for this post)

I could not watch the whole 10 minutes like the video suggest. It is now annoying; 

IF Chaos Emeralds are in this game

playing as super sonic in these levels

*fangasm*

IF Chaos Emeralds are in this game

playing as super sonic in these levels

*fangasm*

inb4 Super Sonic is final boss exclusive

You know, Sonic '06 gets brought up, like, every fucking day, but I just had to say this.

When you compare everything about Sonic '06 (the visuals, gameplay, and all that jazz), to just this one trailer for Lost World... goddamn. No, really. Goddamn, look at the huge fucking difference. Both games are the first for a new generation, and the difference is so massive I can't even. This is how you reinvent Sonic. Huge props to Sonic Team. We've come a long way, and it looks like they finally got it right.

A "new generation" is not very accurate to be fair. 

The Wii U is basically a 360/PS3 anyway, in terms of graphical power, so if anything they've had time to get use to the power of these consoles. Such as 06, unleashed, and generations.

Super Sonic has been playable in the main stages of the game in every main game since Sonic 4 Episode 1. If SLW goes back to the Final Boss only shtick, there would be significant backlash, and you can believe SEGA knows it.

I doubt Super Sonic won't be playable in the main stages, unless they're using this experiment to focus solely on regular Sonic.

I'm still wondering how Amy and Knuckles get to Lost Hex. I mean Sonic and Tails obviously via the Tornado. And if they have to fly there, how do....kidnapped maybe? The monsters are warped versions of his friends? I dunno I'm out of ideas >.<

Super Sonic has been playable in the main stages of the game in every main game since Sonic 4 Episode 1. If SLW goes back to the Final Boss only shtick, there would be significant backlash, and you can believe SEGA knows it.

I doubt Super Sonic won't be playable in the main stages, unless they're using this experiment to focus solely on regular Sonic.

I'd be ok with it though. It wasn't in Unleashed (iirc) cause im assuming they focused on the gameplay first. THEN they brought it back in generations, so if that says anything about this game, I'd rather them focus on sonic this time around in the levels, and introduce it in a later game, based on the same gameplay.

I really hope that if Super Sonic is playable is that he isn't as nerfed as he was in Generations, and that he doesn't lose Wisp powers.

Give Super Sonic controllable flight when the roll button is clicked. Let him be both an in-stage and in the final boss.

And don't use a jingle for him for levels. :V

And please, don't put the filter on the music when going fast, or anything. Please. ;-; Interactive music would be a pleasant surprise but doubt it.

I was thinking.

How are the speedrunners of Sonic games going to handle this game when it gets released?

Whole new control system is going to take some cracking to make the minute-timed jumps.

I was thinking.

How are the speedrunners of Sonic games going to handle this game when it gets released?

Whole new control system is going to take some cracking to make the minute-timed jumps.

Speed runs are like a religion to those kinds of players. It's all trial and error, and we only get to see the final results.

Don't worry about them, as they'll find a way to master this control scheme just as with all the others.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was thinking.

As a speedrunner myself you don't really have to worry about it tongue.png

Basically the parkour system already screams Broken mechanic that we are gonna abuse to reach the goal ring unless its really restricted in certain areas.

I can see that we're gonna be in ball form all the time. lol 

I cann see many interesting things coming from this one. biggrin.png

Not to say that depending on the wisps we might travel long distances. It will need proper routing but we'll see how it goes.

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 1

28020soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

Y'know I just realized something. How come Sonic's running animation isn't the Figure-8 animation in the picture? Click here to see what I'm talking about in motion: http://youtu.be/D-sIkDWfccU?t=1m2s

Is he going at max-speed?

Edited by KrazyBean

28020soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

Y'know I just realized something. How come Sonic's running animation isn't the Figure-8 animation in the picture? Click here to see what I'm talking about in motion: http://youtu.be/D-sIkDWfccU?t=1m2s

Is he going at max-speed?

Sonic's got three types of running in this game: Advance 2/3 as seen above, peel-out style and parkour style.