Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I've said in another post of what i think about it:

The peel-out is the normal speed.

The Gen running style is his 2x Normal Speed(i guess) or you could call it Pre-Boost Mode

While the Ball Form is the Boost as we know in ball form

I've said in another post of what i think about it:

The peel-out is the normal speed.

The Gen running style is his 2x Normal Speed(i guess) or you could call it Pre-Boost Mode

While the Ball Form is the Boost as we know in ball form

So the peel-out is when you use the left stick to move Sonic WITHOUT holding a trigger? That's his slowest speed?

I'm pretty sure the figure-8 feet is for when you're running. If you go frame-by-frame in the trailer, you can see he's in peel-out mode just before he does that little vault onto the bridge with the dash pad, as well as just before he runs up the side of the "stairs" a few shots later.

I'm pretty sure the figure-8 feet is for when you're running. If you go frame-by-frame in the trailer, you can see he's in peel-out mode just before he does that little vault onto the bridge with the dash pad, as well as just before he runs up the side of the "stairs" a few shots later.

I guess...i mean i just judged it from the images of the trailer because Sonic is in 3 running animations, Ball form, the one with Generations like running and the 8-figure.

Well i am fine with anything in the end

Edited by frokenok3

It could be one of the selectable animations I guess? Maybe?

Wait, selectable animations? Was that mentioned in the IGN article? Sounds kind of interesting.

On a somewhat similar train of thought, I noticed that Sonic's homing attack doesn't have the poses after he rebounds off the enemy anymore, not sure if that's due to this being early footage or what.

Don't take my word for it, I think I read it somewhere aswell as on the forum :P

It probably is just part of the beta, it looks to stiff and awkward to make it to the final product.

Wow that vid contained stuff I completely missed like the fish animal for instance.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

*video*

Good Analysis

3:16, not to bandwagon jump, but slight?

6:43 no Omochao?

Edited by TripsS3

It's likely Joe Sushi, not a fish, fitting with the Sonic 1 animals.

You mean Rocky?

o7MHFMJ.jpg

DUN

DUN

DUUUUUUUUN

THE PLOT THICKENS

But yeah, seriously... is it back after all?

And yes... it looks very similar to the Boost.

Edited by Super Spindash

o7MHFMJ.jpg

DUN

DUN

DUUUUUUUUN

THE PLOT THICKENS

We already know from the IGN preview that there is a "boost speed" Its Sonic's ball form mode

o7MHFMJ.jpg

DUN

DUN

DUUUUUUUUN

THE PLOT THICKENS

..Huh? I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

..Huh? I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Woun's analysis video talks about the rings being attracted to Sonic similar to the Sonic Boost, so maybe there's a boost-type thing.

We already know from the IGN preview that there is a "boost speed" Its Sonic's ball form mode

But this.

Seems to be the Ring magnetism that occurs while boosting.

Either the boost is back, or perhaps Sonic just attracts Rings naturally? Or maybe just by goin' fast??

Edited by Celestia

That could be just an electric shield esque power up. There wouldn't really be any sense in giving Sonic two boosts.

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

From IGN^^

Either the boost is back, or perhaps Sonic just attracts Rings naturally? Or maybe just by goin' fast??

Most likely the last one, not unexpected though.

maybe he can upgrade his shoes and now it can attract rings

After the first few things we were shown of SLW I was of the opinion that this was going to be a rare Sonic title I would skip (I have bought pretty much every stupid console there is to be able to play every Sonic game including a PSP just for the Rivals titles and both Unleashed on Wii and Xbox even though I hate that game with a passion) yet after seeing that trailer I got pretty excited.

That was probably due to them reeling me in with the nostalgia of the orginal Tornado and classic ...little animals (gotta be a better keyword for them like we have for "badniks") plus classic badniks and the Sonic'y feel to the level that caught my attention. The music almost feels familiar too.

It would be fair to assume that some, if not a lot, of inspiration for this game was pulled from the cancelled title "Sonic Xtreme" with it's almost fisheye lense sections and trippy perspectives, I only wish they had decided to take a little more from the ideas of Sonic Xtreme.

Yes I'm talking about the "deadly six" . I was right and they do look as stupid as their silhouette's suggested, like some kind of Dr.Seuss/pokemon reject hybrid and as out of place as those ghosts looked from that night of the Werehog short animation.

I just really dislike their style and they seem to clash as they don't look very Sonic-like at all. What's the deal anyways SEGA? They keep restricting us to Sonic only gameplay for the last few games on the grounds that they felt they heard the "fan's voice's" of there being "too many of Sonic's shitty friends" yet the go ahead and add another six crappy looking characters....and we still get Sonic only gameplay and will probably have a minimal cast of returning support character from the Sonic series. It doesn't make sense.

If they were forgettable mini bosses ala Sonic 3's sub-boss badniks then it wouldn't be so bad, but they are treating these six like main cast with all the hype and mystery of "are they friend or foe" and jazz like that, that they will be in the spotlight quite a bit it seems which can only make those people who hate on the large Sonic cast more vocal and in turn keep giving SEGA the misinformation that they need to keep making Sonic games with only Sonic playable! angry.png

Eh I'm probably just mad cuz this seemed like the perfect opportunity to take a little more inspiration from Sonic Xtreme and have Nack the Weasel return as a villian (afterall he was supposedly from a trippy other wordly zone)

We'll see how it turns out, if anything at least it looks fun and the locations are surreal which is a good thing. Would've liked to have gotten a little less Mario Galaxy vibe though.