Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Yeah, Zeena, I think Blitz was arguing in favor of bringing back Knuckles' older character traits. So... he's agreeing with you. I have no idea why you wrote that post. 

huh? i didn't swear at any one?

It was general curse at how Knuckles is being treated in the modern era.

I assumed both of you were operating under sarcasm to get across your thoughts on Knuckles, and as such I didn't conclude the insult wasn't directed toward anyone. My mistake.

But beyond the sarcasm as Tornado said, tone down the heatedness as well. It makes the place more tense than it needs to be and gets people reported.

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles' backstory being completely written out was what destroyed him in the first place. He wasn't there to serve a purpose. He was there to appeal to the "classic trio" bullshit. Having him tag along with Sonic for no reason is fucking stupid and I will hate SEGA if they do it again. He's his own character with his own motivations and I'm amazed you think writing all that out in favor of him bullshitting around with Sonic & pals would make his character better

Writing what out now? Excuse me but I've just said the exact same thing, I hate how Knuckles is handled in the current games since they've pretty much written out his Guardian duties, he's just needless comic relief and no I don't want them to write it out so "Knuckles can dick around with Sonic on an Adventure" I want them to get rid of this stupid "gullible nature" and him being a fucking clown, I want him to be reserved and judgemental again, I want him to fight now ask questions later, I'd like for him to be clumsy yes, but not some weak dumbass character that has fallen in the ranks, where even Amy takes the spotlight from him now.

I guess I'm sorry that I read through your post out context, but at the same time I don't agree that Classic Knuckles is the way to go since there is no relevance for that side of him as much now adays.

The main problem here is that Knuckles shouldn't abandon the duty of guarding the Master Emerald, specially when Sonic 3 implied that with it Eggman could take over the world.

The only games that made him abandon the duty were Heroes, which  screwed with a lot of characterizations anyways, Shadow the Hedgehog, which flanderized most of the characters and Sonic 06, which was supposed to be a reboot, thus taking away Knuckles' duty to turn him into the dumb muscle of team Sonic.

If they want to take away Knuckles' duty, Im ok with that, just at least give a good reason for it, since retconning his duties would mean at least three major games would have gaping plot holes on them with that. All the writers need to do is one line of dialogue or two, probably Knuckles saying something like ''Oh I have someone guarding the Master Emerald for me'' or even ''I brought it with me'' since SA2 showed us he can put the ME on hammerspace just like any Chaos Emerald.

Knuckles is really a wasted potential, he's been guarding treasures for most of his life, he's a treasure hunter for God's sake, you could put him there by saying he wanted to explore Lost Hex since he's tired of being locked on his duties, heck, he could help with the exposition since he should know most of the legends of Sonic's world, considering he is connected to some of said legends. 

Heck, just throw him there saying ''Hey I got bored of guarding the Master Emerald and decided to explore this new planet, can I join you guys? Don't worry I brought the ME with me since I don't trust anyone with it besides me.''

Or even better, just get the Master Emerald stolen again, because lets admit it, Knuckles kinda sucks at guarding that thing... So he goes to Lost Hex because he thinks it has something to do with it, maybe it will, maybe it won't and at the end he'll find out someone else took it and we'll end with him going on to catch the thief. There, it wouldn't poke fun at him too much, wouldn't ignore his duties, and would actually work for the character.

So hey I just realized that the level that was all purple and blue and used the drill wisp and had all the monuments and shit is actually Silent Forest, because Tropical Coast only has the yellow wisp in the first zone and all the others already have 4 confirmed zones

It's like SEGA are being intentionally confusing with all the zone tropes

It's probably got something to do with the story as to why the zones are all jumbled around and in incorrect locations, guess we'll just have to see.

I never agreed with Knuckles being a treasure hunter. If anything I can see him being against it. These are the last remnants of an ancient civilization and there's that bat girl taking all their treasure. What a bitch.

1383927_10151875538552418_1580877257_n.j

Very high chance of being my most favourite stage.

Oh look, the rail has a boost pad on it. WHY?

Because it's hard to keep speed whilst grinding? Friction slows you down the longer you go without any amount of force pushing you along.

Remember Sky Rail and Rail Canyon? Same applies here, at least boosters make sense on rails.

Rails have been having boosters for ages now. Since Heroes at least.

Not that that justifies it, but, it's a thing.

Oh look, the rail has a boost pad on it. WHY?

Because this has never happened before in the series ever.

Sonic-Colours-Wii-Tropical-Resort-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I know but it just looks really odd to me in that screenshot idk

Something's just wrong with it

It probably looks better ingame tho

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Since their debut, they always had boosters either on them or just before you start grinding.

Not that that justifies it, but, it's a thing.

You mean SA2 surely? Sky Rail,Pyramid Cave, Crazy Gadget, Final Rush. final chase etc.

It would be nice if they could one day bring back the railing systems of heroes or adventure 2.

Since their debut, they always had boosters either on them or just before you start grinding.

You mean SA2 surely? Sky Rail,Pyramid Cave, Crazy Gadget, Final Rush. final chase etc.

There were never boosters attached to the rails themselves in SA2, but there would occasionally be a boost pad positioned in front of a rail.

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

Final Rush and Sky Rail had boost pads on platforms (at the start of some of the rails), but the other levels didn't have boost pads. You of course had a boost button which allowed you to go faster on rails in SA2. So you didn't need a boost pad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF2WxEB4oEU

Edited by -Bender-

Because Sonic Heroes.

Yes.

Considering that was one of the worst stages in the game, I'm not exactly encouraged 

Literally every Sonic game since Heroes has had speedboosters on rails (heck, I could've sworn SA2 had then too).

Not to defend them, mind you, especially with the current grinding mechanics. Hell, even without the boost they could just bring back being able to crouch down on rails to speed up ala SA2/Heroes. Or maybe give him some sort of snazzy rail-spindash move or something, I dunno.

Considering that was one of the worst stages in the game, I'm not exactly encouraged 

But this was my second favorite stage in the whole gamesad.png 

But anyway, I agree with chaos, I really liked the railing mechanics of heroes and adventure 2 (minus switching rails with the a button and control stick) so I would like if we got a revisit to that system.