Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Gaining high speed by crouching was pretty satisfying in SA2 and Heroes. Wouldn't mind if that made a comeback. That would make the Dash Panels on rails less prevalent, and they can just keep the rail switching they have in this game.

Edited by Straw Hat

SA2 didn't really need grindrail boosters because nearly all of them operated on a downward slant, so you were never at risk of coming to a complete stop. Of course, it helped that gravity actually had an effect on the way you grinded down them.

That being said it begs the question of why completely level rails ever existed to begin with. Why not just put a long platform there instead?

SA2 didn't really need grindrail boosters because nearly all of them operated on a downward slant, so you were never at risk of coming to a complete stop. Of course, it helped that gravity actually had an effect on the way you grinded down them.

That being said it begs the question of why completely level rails ever existed to begin with. Why not just put a long platform there instead?

Rails, when looking at it from the big picture, almost seemed like both a reason to look cool and be the answer to getting gameplay as satisfying as rolling down hills in the 3D games without having to worry about jolting off-course from jerky steering problems.

Its basically the same thing: you're stuck on a single plane and you go down a slope, crouch to go faster, and if you go upward you get slower, or go even slow enough to go down in the opposite direction. Its probably why SA2 had so many of them (as well as the other possible answer, being that grinding in SA2 was flipping fun as hell and they very well knew it).

Of course, like many things, Sega forgot the purpose behind grinding or rail-based levels and just put them there to be there without thinking of why they were there, kind of like Spin Dashing in recent games, or the concept of loops with dashpads in front of them. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Can they at least add some shading to the D6? They look like they been drawn from a coloring book, and look out of place due to Sonic having his Sonic Channel look.

That's just the same hallowe'en artwork we saw a few years back with traced artwork of the Deadly Six's 3D renders.

It's still nice, just a bit underwhelming considering Channel has given us some fantastic hallowe'en art in the past.

I have a bit a information from someone who got their hands on the Wii U version early (Cube knows who this person is).

If you collect all red star rings, you will unlock special stages, and by completing the special stages, you will get the Chaos Emeralds, which unlocks....

SUPER SONIC! Apparently he is faster than normal Sonic(duh), takes 50 rings to transform into, and is invulnerable to everything except bottomless pits. Also apparently there's some awesome music playing when you transform into him.

I have a bit a information from someone who got their hands on the Wii U version early (Cube knows who this person is).

If you collect all red star rings, you will unlock special stages, and by completing the special stages, you will get the Chaos Emeralds, which unlocks....

SUPER SONIC! Apparently he is faster than normal Sonic(duh), takes 50 rings to transform into, and is invulnerable to everything except bottomless pits. Also apparently there's some awesome music playing when you transform into him.

Does he/she know what the Flickies unlock? No one has said anything about that still.

Also how fast are the rings depleted when Sonic turns Super compared to Colours and Generations?

Edited by KrazyBean

It's not a spoiler if we deduced this ahead of time.

Did you ask him how many zones there where, and how the other Wisps controlled? (If they were any good or not).

This feature really upset me.  Instead of delivering any hands on impressions or development questions they just fixated on this non-issue about the 25 extra lives preorder bonus.  They wasted Aaron's time and ours.  The game is going to have trouble moving copies on struggling hardware as it is.  Bad press is the last thing it needs.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Sigh, just realized, the extra lives are a cusion if you do the nights bonus levels first because they are all BOSS battles, and have no place for extra lives to be earned, if you want to play the main game and get lives first, thats smart, but if you want to dive into boss's first thats your choice

This feature really upset me.  Instead of delivering any hands on impressions or development questions they just fixated on this non-issue about the 25 extra lives preorder bonus.  They wasted Aaron's time and ours.  The game is going to have trouble moving copies on struggling hardware as it is.  Bad press is the last thing it needs.  

It's Kotaku. They don't know the difference between good or bad press even if you waved it in front of their faces.

So my mum just told me that she saw a Sonic Lost World advert on TV last night. Not sure which channel, but it was on UK TV. There was also a Wind Waker advert. But it's good that the game is getting publicity.

The mario series is still worse on lives...

New super mario bros 2 being the worse

I like the 25 lives DLC,

I never liked seeing the game over screen anyways

Edited by jordine

What's wrong with Game Over screens?

You see them all the time in the classic games if you're no good [but I will be persistant. Darn you Marble Zone].

Aaaaaaand none of that is anything we couldn't have guessed anyway.

To be fair, it completely contradicts every preview and advertisement for the game.

Special Stages being exclusive to the 3DS version.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Someone has started uploading the game!

In Spanish!

Cutscenes and whatnot are there!

Edited by Indigo Rush

Some quick screengrabs:

2q3u2r7.jpg

2e367te.jpg2w7pv7k.jpg

20z63ar.jpg

2rrxa1i.jpg

Adding more soon~

- - - still adding - - -