Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Man, you start sounding like a broken record. WE GET IT: You don't like the artstyle etc. We know. It's not like it will magicially change in the course of a month.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the reason the cutscenes are 30fps are because they are pre rendered that way, It's really strange but doesn't really matter.

Edited by Wil348

That cheesy trailer from yesterday. Original quality, 60 fps (link in the description)! I still hate this game's art direction and such heavy Mario influences everywhere as well as badniks stupid redesign and most of other things. I'm uploading the trailer for those who are interested in watching the high quality original video, nothing more.

Enjoy!

Apparently, the cutscenes run at 30 fps, which is really strange. Not strange for CGI ones but for those with in-game graphics.

Artfenix, do you secretly really like this game and just don't want to admit it. Its okay, you can tell me. Thanks for the upload by the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're welcome! wow, someone actually said "thank you"

No. I just though that some people would appreciate if I uploaded the trailer in original quality, 60 fps. It's just for people to enjoy. My stance on the game hasn't ahcnged one bit. The only thing I really love is the CGI intro cutscene, but that's a given xD. That and a couple of music tracks also.

Still strange that cutscenes run at 30 fps. Makes no sense since they are scripted cutscenes unless there's a lot goint on in them, so much that they had to pre-render them.

You could have just said "I uploaded the trailer in high quality. Enjoy."

I didn't want people to think I suddenly love the game:).

I didn't want people to think I suddenly love the game:).

.......That doesn't imply you love the game. It's a nice gesture.

At any rate, YouTube cannot render videos at 60 fps, so it was kind of a lost cause.

Where did you say you got the original 60 fps video from? Watching it at its source is the only way to enjoy it in its smooth nature.

Ah, you said it's in the description. 

Appreciate the effort, though.

Edited by Indigo Rush

You hate the badnik redesigns...

...despite them being 3D versions of their original designs? What?

You hate the badnik redesigns...

...despite them being 3D versions of their original designs? What?

As in he prefers the Colours/Generations iterations over these.

• Thumbs Up 2

OK, let's stop now before this turns into...well, we're already halfway there. Moving. On. 

I really like the music. 

Edited by edvedd
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really like the music.
I humbly agree -- the music in this game is quite good. I am especially diggin' the tracks for Silent Forest Act 1, Desert Ruins Zone 3 and Windy Hill Act 3

Yes because all of Knuckle's recent portrayals have been so much better, let's stick to making him bad comedy relief with a forced humour point because "Lol he is so STUPID!!!! XDDD right guys!?!" let's throw him out of the spotlight because Sega don't know how to write him in anything but the guardian trope, and even then it was done poorly. So yeah I'm all for rewriting knuckle's modern day purpose if it means we get Mr fighting freak hot head himself as long as he's not tripping over his own feet because lul!!!! SEGA! XDD. Fuck.Off.

where did i ask for this

at all

Because Knuckles hasn't protected the Master Emerald since SA2? SEGA pretty much have written his duty out of the modern games and replaced it with comic relief and forced humour points, this is modern Knuckles now, so yes I do want them to drop his current character/story and re-write it into something that is actually worth a damn.

Because Knuckles hasn't protected the Master Emerald since SA2? SEGA pretty much have written his duty out of the modern games and replaced it with comic relief and forced humour points, this is modern Knuckles now, so yes I do want them to drop his current character/story and re-write it into something that is actually worth a damn.

Okay

So how does me wanting old Knuckles back translate to me liking new Knuckles

How does that at all make sense in your head

Knuckles' backstory being completely written out was what destroyed him in the first place. He wasn't there to serve a purpose. He was there to appeal to the "classic trio" bullshit. Having him tag along with Sonic for no reason is fucking stupid and I will hate SEGA if they do it again. He's his own character with his own motivations and I'm amazed you think writing all that out in favor of him bullshitting around with Sonic & pals would make his character better

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Having him tag along with Sonic for no reason is fucking stupid and I will hate SEGA if they do it again

I don't believe it's impossible for re-written backstory to actually work for Knuckles and make sense, it's either that or just axe him out of the cast because Sega writing themselves in the corner with the guardian sub-plot really screwed over his potential relevance outside of that.

Yes because all of Knuckle's recent portrayals have been so much better, let's stick to making him bad comedy relief with a forced humour point because "Lol he is so STUPID!!!! XDDD right guys!?!" let's throw him out of the spotlight because Sega don't know how to write him in anything but the guardian trope, and even then it was done poorly.

So yeah I'm all for rewriting knuckle's modern day purpose if it means we get Mr fighting freak hot head himself as long as he's not tripping over his own feet because lul!!!! SEGA! XDD.

Fuck.Off.

It's one thing, I guess, to have an overreaction to someone's post and completely miss the point of their argument. It's another to tell them to fuck off. And considering we're pretty much operating on a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to insults in the Lost World forums nowadays, and people have been dinged for much less direct things, I see no reason to let something this blatant slide.

huh? i didn't swear at any one?

It was general curse at how Knuckles is being treated in the modern era.

The recent teaser for Sonic Boom doesn't give me much hope for him being much more than The Big Guy either

I know by all means I shouldn't even be complainign, since even if there's loads of potential for his character it's never been met in any media, but it just feels like they're leaving behind a massive part of his character. He's there less for the advancement for the story and what he as a character could actually offer to it and more just for the sake of being there

And I don't like that one bit