Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Sorry to say, Zazz boss fight was lame. Look I don't mind easy boss fights, as long as it's fun. but really this didn't excite me that much, it was boring. It feels like Zazz can do more than this, even as a first boss fight. but from the looks of it, I would say this is a Mini boss.

Edit: What am I saying? it is a mini boss fight! His next fight better at least be fun.

Zomom looks interesting though, can't wait for it.

Edited by jordine

Sorry to say, Zazz boss fight was lame. Look I don't mind easy boss fights, as long as it's fun. but really this didn't excite me that much, it was boring. It feels like Zazz can do more than this, even as a first boss fight. but from the looks of it, I would say this is a Mini boss.

Zomom looks interesting though, can't wait for it.

Yeah, it looked way too much like a mini boss compared to some of the bits from trailers we've seen with Zeena, Zik, & Zavok.

Edited by Narukami07

...You guys realize that bosses at the end of the levels has been a thing since 1991 right?

Uh yes? Why did you feel the need to point this out? 

...You guys realize that bosses at the end of the levels has been a thing since 1991 right?

Yeeeeeah... you realize that's not what I'm complaining about, right?

Because people are deriding the encouter as a "mini-boss" when it isn't. Even if the fight is easy, Sonic bosses have never had much strategy beyond "Hit until dead".

Some guy who got a review copy of SLW 3DS did say that there are 4 act and a boss per zone. And if you want proof, check out the 3DS thread of SLW.

Actually it's 3 acts and 1 boss for the 3DS version (which is kinda disappointing in regards to the acts but i'm cool).

I think the boss fight would be a lot more appealing if both acts were combined into a single boss battle, there were' definitely like more than 9 hits to defeat him over all, since you need to knock him off his moon thing first before lay the smackdown on his face.

When I say "Mini Boss" I don't say it because there is a boss at the end of the level, I say it because it feels like Zazz wasn't even trying. And him jumping away just made me think of the kooplings in New super mario series., like seriously. 

Well....bosses always been this easy, Most was still fun to play through  but so far, Zazz, Zik, may turn out to be the boring ones.

I thought the moon could do more, it turned out to be not that special......we still have the next boss to see, so maybe. Zeena and Zomoms looks good. Zor and Zavok looks okay.

Edit: Midway Boss? is that better? Idk a boss is a boss and this boss did not show whose boss

Edited by jordine

So you can't use Wisps in Boss Battles this time? Huh...

Btw, would a Boss Battle Thread be Ok on this board?

Edited by Son1ctrainer

Well, I like both levels, especially their music tracks, but the (mini?)boss battles with Zazz at the end kinda let me down a bit. I hope the shortness of the fights are just due to it likely being from a demo.

It's a sonic 4 act and boss structure for 3DS it seems.

What i can say is, since we apparently know that the 3DS will have a separate boss act, the same should apply to the Wii U version as well.

Well, I like both levels, especially their music tracks, but the (mini?)boss battles with Zazz at the end kinda let me down a bit. I hope the shortness of the fights are just due to it likely being from a demo.

Didn't we say that about the Big Boy Boss from Sonic Colors?

Its the first boss so you can't blame it for being easy, but come on! Zazz is just standing there like an idiot half the time and has the most pathetic running speed ever. Sucks Zazz was pretty much inclined to be the easiest, he's my favourite Deadly Six.

Anyway, so the Sunset and Night level are the same act, a pleasant surprise. And that music...THAT MUSIC. Why can't have the soundtrack now? Boss music is also pretty awsome too.

Also is the moon or Zazz talking? Or is the moon projecting his thoughts or something?

I've noticed at the start it's sunset with the sun going down then in the middle part of the zone it's midnight with the sun turned into the moon with Zazz on it and after hitting him enough times he flees and the sun comes out again, nice little transition there.

Its the first boss so you can't blame it for being easy, but come on! Zazz is just standing there like an idiot half the time and has the most pathetic running speed ever. Sucks Zazz was pretty much inclined to be the easiest, he's my favourite Deadly Six.

Anyway, so the Sunset and Night level are the same act, a pleasant surprise. And that music...THAT MUSIC. Why can't have the soundtrack now? Boss music is also pretty awsome too.

Also is the moon or Zazz talking? Or is the moon projecting his thoughts or something?

The moon mimics Zazz's facial expressions and voice like a mask it seems.

Edited by Time Eater

Correct me if I'm wrong. But wasn't the Rotatatron boss fight from Colours back in an early demo also underpowered? Well sure, the actual boss fight lasts 3 hits, but I remember it took like two in a demo. They might change it or something. 

Rotatron is a pushover in any case, really.

But I am loving the music and the level design. Mildly underwhelming boss fight aside. 

Did anyone notice that 22 seconds into this video

there is a little jingle of what seems to be the player locking onto all the enemies?  It might support the notion that the player is able to control how many targets to select, via charging the attack or what have you.  Or it could be nothing.  Anyone else think it sounds like some kind of gameplay device at work though?

Edited by Radrappy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh snap, that's a good catch. It sounds like the target bleep increases pitch in order of which badnik's about to get busted.

It's the little things~

Nah, I think locking on to several targets in a row causes the pitch to heighten, like:

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-DING

It's probably just an indicator that you've homed on to all of them. 

Edited by edvedd

That's kinda what I said, though. When you have multiple targets, each one in succession makes a higher pitch, and the order of badniks that are targeted reflect this.