Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Hey guys! First time poster here!

I'm posting because I just found some interesting footage from some website that had Spanish footage of Windy Hill Zone 2 AND the boss with Zazz at the end of the level. I don't think we've seen this level outside of screenshots, so I thought I'd post it here in case people were curious.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7b7sg4abTHERDhrTkx3MlVqQTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Really like the music. It really sounds like a track from Unleashed. I know it's the same composer, but still.. Pretty amazing. smile.png

I'm posting because I just found some interesting footage from some website that had Spanish footage of Windy Hill Zone 2 AND the boss with Zazz at the end of the level. I don't think we've seen this level outside of screenshots, so I thought I'd post it here in case people were curious.

Off topic but man its ironic that you have that profile pic cause im actually watching through that anime right now and was wondering if many people knew about it.

On-topic: I really like the theme for windy hill zone 2 and my god that day cycle was beautiful, I hope we get more sunset stages again (and hopefully a slight nod at werehog somewhere).

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, looks like the first (Zone 2) encounters with the Deadly Six are mini bosses more than anything.

I actually kind of like the fight, as easy as it is.

Edited by ElementofChaos

You sir, have made an awesome first post. Welcome to the forums smile.png

...And I don't speak Italian... anyone know what Zazz was saying?

Edited by Straw Hat
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the same website, I found the full level of Windy Hill Zone 4.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7b7sg4abTHENHhFQTU3eEtXYWs/edit?usp=sharing

We've seen most of this Zone in that Gamescom demo before, but this includes the second fight against Zazz at the end. 

Honestly, I'm underwhelmed by this encounter. I understand that he's the first fight of the game, but I feel that adding a bit more phases and challenge to him would make it more enjoyable and memorable. However, I do like the little platforming-running bit at the start of his fight, especially with the little offscreen switch when he begins chasing Sonic. I am also predicting that an introductory cutscene for Zazz will precede the boss fight when you first play through the game.

Edited by CosmicEternity
  • Thumbs Up 9

Why do I have to wait until November to own this game's soundtrack? WHY?!

Seriously. All the tracks (with the exception of perhaps the Candy level) I've heard have been fantastic and I just want to listen to them OVER AND OVER AGGHHHHUHGJH

• Thumbs Up 2

About the actual gameplay though, is it just me or was the first Zazz fight harder than the second? Seriously, it took more hits the first time I think. It's not about being the first fight, I'm just surprised it was that easy in general. Hell, even the Rotatron from Colors in Tropical Resort was harder since there was platforming required.

Act 2 looks cool though since the Sun only goes down the more you progress through the level, and if you go back it doesn't seem to go back up. Nice touch.

Seriously. All the tracks (with the exception of perhaps the Candy level) I've heard have been fantastic and I just want to listen to them OVER AND OVER AGGHHHHUHGJH

I don't know if it's part of the song and the way the game works, but I noticed that when the player died in Act 2, the music actually calmed down a bit and then when he got back the music picked up again. Kinda cool if that was intentional.
Edited by TheVGamer

Holy shit,

that was pathetic, like really pathetic. I know they up and copied a lot of Mario stuff, but couldn't they stop at the boss difficult?

That is easily one of the biggest un-hype moments I've seen in this game. Good grief.

Edited by Master Zik

You sir, have made an awesome first post. Welcome to the forums smile.png

...And I don't speak much Spanish... anyone know what Zazz was saying?

Actually it's Italian. Not Spanish.

And I really like this song. It's sweet.

Eh, its the first boss. I'm not too upset about the easiness. Never forget, "oshi- the drill came off!" of Sonic 2 lol

Still not really impressed with most of the 2D stages. A huge step back from Colors' massive levels. Oh well, still hyped in general.

^EDIT: Ninja'd. Of course lol

Edited by thatguyfrom03

Still not really impressed with most of the 2D stages. A huge step back from Colors' massive levels. Oh well, still hyped in general.

^EDIT: Ninja'd. Of course lol

Colors had massive levels?

Yeah, it's not the best-looking boss or anything, but the series has had plenty easier (every first boss from the Genesis era, Chaos 0, Rotatatron). It's got nothing to do with Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have a problem with the difficulty, but I would have at least thought the first boss could be something a little more engaging than "jump on him multiple times in a restricted 2D plane."

That formula worked in the Genesis games and the handhelds, but I guess I was expecting more out of a main-series Sonic game nowadays, given what we've had in the past.

Yea, and lets not even get started with this: @ 0:31 - 0:38

I'm pretty sure it's just first boss syndrome and will get tougher along the way.

Yea, and lets not even get started with this: @ 0:31 - 0:38

I'm pretty sure it's just first boss syndrome and will get tougher along the way.

God Sonic CD (despite my enjoyment of it) had some of the most bizarre level design choices in a Sonic game.

Wait, remember the cutscene where Zazz is really close to Sonic and Sonic doesn't seem to care? The one where all of the D6 aren't coloured, and the only one's clearly visible are Zavok, Zazz, and Eggman? What if the fight in Act 4 is easy because it leads into a cutscene and a third fight right after the stage? I don't think we saw any place for that in the HUB world during the TGS live stream, but maybe it's only accessible if you go through Windy Hill 4? If not, then when would that cutscene fit in?

Colors had massive levels?

Absolutely. Aquarium Park and Sweet Mountain are the obvious choices. The levels just shown in Lost World barely have tiers. But they seem more based on using Wisps/parkour to get by quickly, rather than finding hidden areas. So we'll see.

That looked as good as any first level boss classic sonic games have ever had.  It's not as if the egg hornet from SA1 was more difficult than this.  The objectives were very clear and it didn't look broken or frustrating at all. 

Too be fair genesis boss fights lasted a minute so yeah I should've expected this to happen.

Absolutely. Aquarium Park and Sweet Mountain are the obvious choices. The levels just shown in Lost World barely have tiers. But they seem more based on using Wisps/parkour to get by quickly, rather than finding hidden areas. So we'll see.

I meant the 2D stages though.

I meant the 2D stages though.

That's what I was talking about.  So far they don't have nearly as many alternate routes as Colors' 2d stages.