Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

@ArtFenix, Sonic Team clearly saw the limitations of the Unleashed-Colours-Generations gameplay style, so they decided to change it up for the new generation of consoles. I happen to think that Lost Worlds doesn't look especially amazing. I mean it looks solid and fun, and they're certainly taking a step in the right direction, in terms of emphasising on Sonic's range of movement, rather than purely on speed.

I still think that its a little misplaced. I don't like the tubes, and the centralised gravity. If it stays spinoff, I'm cool, I just don't want to see this whole Galaxy-like, tubes and spheres floating in space, become a mainstay. Its just not Sonic to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what do you guys think the animal friends will be used for?

I'm still banking on them being used to power Tails's RC vehicles :U

So what do you guys think the animal friends will be used for?

I'm still banking on them being used to power Tails's RC vehicles :U

So Sonic rescues them from robots...so they can be put into robots. Genius!

Edited by Liam The Animator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have you ever read Archie Sonic's "Genesis: Part 1"

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing you need more animals to unlock more stages to progress, I can see SEGA pulling that bullshit to be honest. Although they said the more you collect the better, unknown on what it actually is though, but they seem to be a fundamental necessity in the game for something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing you need more animals to unlock more stages to progress, I can see SEGA pulling that bullshit to be honest. Although they said the more you collect the better, unknown on what it actually is though, but they seem to be a fundamental necessity in the game for something.

Considering the fact that the Chaos Emeralds are involved in the game somehow, if the 3DS version is to go by (the 3DS version has Special Stages, after all), what if freeing all the Animals in a Zone awards you an Emerald? And saving all the animals unlocks Super Sonic as a reward? Would be better than having to rescue them all to finish the story, at least. While the Red Star Rings unlock extras like Music, Concept Art, multiplayer content, etc. Just a guess on my part.

Edited by Tomoki

Well there's no Sonic Simulator this time, so we're not getting them by that method at the least

Put into robots that you control :P

No.

Don't even joke about something like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

As long as the game was fun, I wouldn't particularly mind needing to grind for animals to progress.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd prefer it if animal collecting unlocked optional bonus acts rather than required ones, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. Ultimately, it just boils down to defeating enemies and finding hidden capsules, right?

As long as they tell us that we need to collect them from the get-go, don't ask for a completely asinine amount of them, and don't make us go completely out of our way in order to collect them, I 'll be fine.

So pretty much do the exact opposite of what Sonic Unleashed did.

• Thumbs Up 5

Main game levels should not have to be unlocked in any other way than beating the level before it.

Animals to get extra acts? Still pretty stupid, but not as big of a deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Animals to get extra acts? Still pretty stupid, but not as big of a deal.

How is it stupid?

• Thumbs Up 1

Because grinding in a platformer is like a puzzle game having a hubworld. It has no place in the genre.

EDIT: I don't mean grinding on rails you smartbutts >:U 

Edited by Solkia

I'm simply talking about the concept of bonus content. It's like finding star coins in Mario or banana medals in Donkey Kong. Finding animals in Sonic just gets you extra stuff. Don't want the content, then don't grind. 

I mean, unless you want to pay for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's not grinding. There's a select amount of them an they're fairly easily found.

Grinding is like the experience crystals in Unleashed. They're everywhere and you'r going to spend hours collecting them.

The only reason I can justify the grinding is because it's actually fun in Lost World.

Grinding in games like Final Fantasy or Sonic Unleashed is an entirely different realm. It's frustrating and boring (Werehog), not fun.

Edited by Autosaver

Because grinding in a platformer is like a puzzle game having a hubworld. It has no place in the genre.

Honestly I'm not at all a fan of grinding, and I feel almost a little skeezy defending it in any form, but I think I would prefer it in the sort of platformer where levels are already designed to be highly replayable, as compared to most RPGs where repeating the same few battles quickly becomes boring as all hell.

I mean, if it's a Sonic game, and I like it...I'm going to go back and replay levels anyway, just because I want to. Being forced to go back and replay a few to progress would only be a minor annoyance, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see where you're coming from, I just personally see it as something that could turn me away from the extra content.

The only reason I can justify the grinding is because it's actually fun in Lost World.

Grinding in games like Final Fantasy or Sonic Unleashed is an entirely different realm. It's frustrating and boring (Werehog), not fun.

I mean, if it's a Sonic game, and I like it...I'm going to go back and replay levels anyway, just because I want to. Being forced to go back and replay a few to progress would only be a minor annoyance, I think.

I don't really see the logic in this argument of "it's ok if I like it". Fun is subjective. Some might be fine with powering through the game, but could easily be turned off by being forced to collect an arbitrary amount of macguffins just to continue playing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unless they take away capsules you've already destroyed, it wouldn't be that hard if collecting Animals to unlock levels turns out to be the case, just play Silent Forest some 3 or four times and reach that room full of capsules.