Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

well... i was still incredulous about it... :D i though it was a joke at first...  (is it?)

i can notice some differences..  the background looks more fuzzy

http://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Remaster3-1024x576.png

i'd wish they had fixed the animation from their eyes... sometimes...when the characters where talking, the eyes didn't moved  and it looked so bad..

8//n//8

Edited by Drawloverlala

Yes, Drawlover, it's a joke.

Praise the Elder Gods it ain't true.

• Thumbs Up 1

muaha_by_theonionhead-d5qjey9.gif  ahh i see....

and they guy who made the joke..made me post something like it was seriously.....>//n//>  not funny...

Well of course the remaster to end all remasters would be the one unfathomable without a truckload of improvements.

Honestly, even if it would help SEGA (which I'm sure it only could), they wouldn't remake it anyway.

They haven't even given that pleasure to two of the most loved games in the Franchise; that being Sonic Adventure 1, and Sonic Adventure 2, they simply ported it. So I doubt that much work would go into it regardless of whether or not it would've helped.

Besides the fact that of course, people would be interested in the sight from Day 1.

I mean, like, come on guys. You wouldn't be curious about Sonic Team fixing this allegedly fundamental broken game? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Besides the fact that of course, people would be interested in the sight from Day 1.

I mean, like, come on guys. You wouldn't be curious about Sonic Team fixing this allegedly fundamental broken game? 

Personally, nope. Wouldn't even be the slightest bit curious.

I'd like to see somebody work on a large-scale mod of an existing PC Sonic game (such as Generations) to possibly make a few levels of it playable in the Adventure style format. I'd be satisfied with that much, I think. Not to say that this is even possible; I'm just throwing around ideas. It would be nice.

I'd like to see somebody work on a large-scale mod of an existing PC Sonic game (such as Generations) to possibly make a few levels of it playable in the Adventure style format. I'd be satisfied with that much, I think. Not to say that this is even possible; I'm just throwing around ideas. It would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Come the fuck on, man. You asked a question, you got an answer. You don't get to twist it into the answer you want just because.

How is that twisting it into an answer I want?

I don't care if you like the game or if you want a remake, so whatever you're insinuating is completely baseless.

Why would someone who holds no interest whatsoever in a game come to topic that is specifically about said game and nothing else? And so frequently at that. 

How is that twisting it into an answer I want?

You literally interpreted someone expressing disapproval as someone expressing interest. And not even in a morbidly curious, bile-facination kind of disapproval, he actually said verbatim that he would not be in the slightest bit interested. I'm not sure what stretch of desperation or imagination it takes to twist "not slightly interested" into "interested" in any sense of the word, because frankly those are two entirely opposite concepts, regardless of whether or not somebody can be fucked to express them publicly.

• Thumbs Up 4

In short, "no" does not mean "maybe a little." It means no.

• Thumbs Up 5

Glad it's not real lol. Don't know why there's so many even clamouring for a remake. That's like asking for a Superman 64 Remastered or something!

BrianuuuSonic has been doing just that for a long while now.

It sort of carries the idea that this 'broken level design' can work, at least to me anyway.

Umm, you do realize he's not even using 06's level design for a good portion in the video right? He's technically tailoring it more so to Generations'.

Wouldn't even say that the level design is as big a problem as say, the more common complaints like bad programming, terrible story, failure to attain concepts, etc.

Heck if anything, the level design, in addition to being akin of the Adventure era though not quite as well executed in some areas like 06's forest level, is one of the lesser evils of 06.

You literally interpreted someone expressing disapproval as someone expressing interest. And not even in a morbidly curious, bile-facination kind of disapproval, he actually said verbatim that he would not be in the slightest bit interested. I'm not sure what stretch of desperation or imagination it takes to twist "not slightly interested" into "interested" in any sense of the word, because frankly those are two entirely opposite concepts, regardless of whether or not somebody can be fucked to express them publicly.

In short, "no" does not mean "maybe a little." It means no.

Why would someone who holds no interest whatsoever in a game come to topic that is specifically about said game and nothing else? And so frequently at that. 

Umm, you do realize he's not even using 06's level design for a good portion in the video right? He's technically tailoring it more so to Generations'.

Wouldn't even say that the level design is as big a problem as say, the more common complaints like bad programming, terrible story, failure to attain concepts, etc.

Heck if anything, the level design, in addition to being akin of the Adventure era though not quite as well executed in some areas like 06's forest level, is one of the lesser evils of 06.

A good portion is not as much as you make it out to be. If anything the most he does to change the level design is add a spring or alternate path that allows you to travel to another part of the already modeled and established parts of the levels. There has yet to be a change in level maps' layout. 

What exactly are you trying to prove here? That people care enough to state that they don't care? This is a fallacy so childish it's practically schoolyard logic. You asked if people wanted to see something happen. Somebody said no. That's the end of it - you don't get to decide their own answers for them as if you somehow know better than them how they themselves feel about something.

Even if you were somehow in the right about this, the best thing you can claim is that they, um, still disapprove of the idea, they just had the nerve to say it out aloud. And correct me if I'm wrong but that's still not a point in your favour? Just let it go, man, this isn't helping you at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

What exactly are you trying to prove here? That people care enough to state that they don't care? This is a fallacy so childish it's practically schoolyard logic. You asked if people wanted to see something happen. Somebody said no. That's the end of it - you don't get to decide their own answers for them as if you somehow know better than them how they themselves feel about something.

Even if you were somehow in the right about this, the best thing you can claim is that they, um, still disapprove of the idea, they just had the nerve to say it out aloud. And correct me if I'm wrong but that's still not a point in your favour? Just let it go, man, this isn't helping you at all.

It isn't even about whether or not I'm right or wrong.

I'm just baffled about how you can be completely uninterested in something, yet be committed to a topic all about it.

But, Fair enough. I'll drop it.

The level design is indeed changed albeit from the looks of things, slightly. Set pieces and homing attack victims are replaced in the sections shown to be more convenient and better functioning. Not to mention the changes in rock positions and set pieces on the Acropolis stage, add well as the mesh speed sections getting revamped, all changes of course made for Generations' tier of course; that's not even going into the apparent changes for boss fights and their arenas.

Although, I don't see why you're pushing so hard to defend 06's level design which isn't even as infamous as 06's other traits.

The level design is indeed changed albeit from the looks of things, slightly. 

Yes... I do recall saying that if it was changed at all it was slightly.

Set pieces and homing attack victims are replaced in the sections shown to be more convenient and better functioning. Not to mention the changes in rock positions and set pieces on the Acropolis stage, add well as the mesh speed sections getting revamped, all changes of course made for Generations' tier of course

Please provide your evidence for the changes in rock positions and set pieces, because almost everything is recreated to be identical to the level design of 06. At least for Sonic's Level design. When it comes to other parts of the stages, specifically the ones that aren't specifically designed for Sonic, of course there would need to be heavy changes to stage design. 

; that's not even going into the apparent changes for boss fights and their arenas.

1st, that isn't level design that's boss structure

2nd, it would insanely difficult to port bosses from one game to another without having to program them from a very deteriorated base, so of course those changes would be made to easily replicate it.

Although, I don't see why you're pushing so hard to defend 06's level design which isn't even as infamous as 06's other traits.

I mean if you consider a remake you would need to consider how it's level design would work, and how it would need to be translated to fix what it did wrong in the first place, which again isn't much.

So this argument is because I acknowledged it as the fan remake that it is? How unnecessary. It's a fan remake tailored to Generations' mechanics not some port that doesn't change anything in the level structures. The video itself shows such.

Although it does appear to be moving towards fixing several of 06's follies, so I'll give it that.