Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

All I've ever Silver do is long range attacks. SIlver doesn't have any close combat attacks that I have seen, and no defense there either. Sonic would beat Silver if he got close enough to attack him.

Then you clearly don't know anything about Silver. As if it wasn't already mentioned before that Silver had in fact already beat Sonic twice in Sonic 06.

I'd say more if TheCheese didn't already say everything before me.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

All I've ever Silver do is long range attacks. SIlver doesn't have any close combat attacks that I have seen, and no defense there either. Sonic would beat Silver if he got close enough to attack him.

Dude, no.

It's no use.

You get into his range, you get tossed out of it (possibly into space).

Then you clearly don't know anything about Silver. As if it wasn't already mentioned before that Silver had in fact already beat Sonic twice in Sonic 06.

Actually, Sonic had Silver beaten first. Silver just had a cheap shot when Sonic let his guard down. The second encounter tho, Silver does straight up win.

From what I'm reading, if Sonic comes within Silver's line of sight and range, he's basically fucked. So what's stopping Sonic from moving too fast for Silver to follow? Silver doesn't have eyes everywhere on his body, so Sonic would just have to attack from all sides to do some damage and dodge whatever Silver throws at him. 

Like Cheese said, it just down to patience and who can hit who first.

Well, Knuckles did knock the Chaos Emeralds out of Super Sonic and transform him back into regular Sonic, so he has proven himself to be extremely powerful. If he could get in even one shot on Shadow, I don't think he'd stand a chance.

EDIT:Wait, I started reading on the wrong page... never mind that.

Edited by Psychic Soldier

From what I'm reading, if Sonic comes within Silver's line of sight and range, he's basically fucked. So what's stopping Sonic from moving too fast for Silver to follow? Silver doesn't have eyes everywhere on his body, so Sonic would just have to attack from all sides to do some damage and dodge whatever Silver throws at him. 

I agree with this, telekinesis requires immense focus, it's impossible to focus on Sonic when he's running circles around you. But then again, Silver has paralyzing attacks.

Edited by Jin Hakumen Kisaragi

I agree with this, telekinesis requires immense focus, it's impossible to focus on Sonic when he's running circles around you. But then again, Silver has paralyzing attacks.

Which only works at close range, and by the time Silver has prepared that attack, Sonic's already smacked him around like eight times.

I can imagine Sonic using a hit & run tactic here; get in, do some damage, get the out of range before Silver can counter attack.

But if Sonic doesn't come within close range, Silver will never be able to get him. And Silver's paralyzing attacks take a while to input (shown in game)

Then again, it's shown in Silver's opening cutscene in 06 and Generations that he can fly extremely fast...

but I bet Sonic's faster.

Which only works at close range, and by the time Silver has prepared that attack, Sonic's already smacked him around like eight times.

I can imagine Sonic using a hit & run tactic here; get in, do some damage, get the out of range before Silver can counter attack.

But with what attack? We've seen in 06 that the moment Sonic starts an attack or slows down, Silver can pick him up.

Sonics only hope of attack would be counterattacks when Silver focuses on something else.

But with what attack? We've seen in 06 that the moment Sonic starts an attack or slows down, Silver can pick him up.

Sonics only hope of attack would be counterattacks when Silver focuses on something else.

Silver can only grab Sonic if Silver faces him. If Silver can't follow Sonic's movements, he can't do shit to catch him. Sonic would basically just have to keep it moving, which unless he gets tired quickly(Which is never the case) there's no reason he just can't keep wailing on Silver till he stays down.

Boost into him. That would be way too fast for Silver to possibly focus on and grab Sonic, and it deals some damage.

Also, coming in from behind pretty much renders Silver a sitting duck.

To be honest, 06 didn't really do justice to Sonic as a character. The first time he lost to Silver was a cheapshot after Sonic tried to be nice. The second time was because Sonic was moving ridiculously slowly. If Sonic actually used the thing he's known for; speed, he'd have probably wiped the floor with Silver before the guy had any time to react.

Fact is though, Telekinesis is pretty overpowered and without well-constructed limitations factored in can be used to do anything.

Though Silver's innate gullibility and naivity act as a foil to his ridiculously haxx power, I think some kind of physical limitation should be placed upon it. For instance Silver not being able to hold something that is alive (other than himself) with his power without causing severe damage to himself. That way he can only manipulate inanimate objects with any degree of ease.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cutscene incompetence hardly counts. If you're going by cutscenes, then Knuckles has defeated Super Sonic with no powers-ups.

Ergo Knuckles is the most powerful character.

Cutscene incompetence hardly counts. If you're going by cutscenes, then Knuckles has defeated Super Sonic with no powers-ups.

Ergo Knuckles is the most powerful character.

Well, it was a sneak attack. Plus, it has been shown plenty of times that Super Sonic isn't impervious to damage. (Perfect Dark Gaia)

That's also back before Super form was treated as god mode.

Exactly. It's not much of a stretch to say that Sonic 2 Super Sonic consists of a few basic skill increases.

Improving, he can fly for an unprecedented amount of time in S&K. (Doomsday)

So it's not crazy to say that Super Sonic has improved over time to the point of near invincibility, but not quite. Just as modern Sonic can defeat Perfect Chaos years later without the Emeralds.

However, I doubt Knuckles could do the same thing now, because as Sonic gets stronger, his Super form does as well. After all, they are both him.

That's also back before Super form was treated as god mode.

Actually, Super Sonic was more resilient to damage back then than he is now...more recent fights have him losing rings as a result of being hit (just not all of them), back then, Super NEVER lost rings when being hit, and the only things that could kill him were insta-deaths (such as drowning, being crushed, and falling into an abyss).

Super Sonic is more powerful now due to his cutscene portrayals and fighting gods and such, but he's more liable to take ring-damage now than he was back in the good ol' days.

Knuckles just straight up fucking knocked the Emeralds out of him, which we've never seen ANYONE do.  It doesn't matter if it was a sneak attack or not, if Knuckles fucking haymakers you in the face, you're going to feel it, even if you're a godhog.

The point is that Sonic's abilities always take a backseat to the story requirements. If the story needs for him to lose his first fight with the mysterious new antagonist from the future then it doesn't matter which one is more powerful.

Actually, Super Sonic was more resilient to damage back then than he is now...more recent fights have him losing rings as a result of being hit (just not all of them), back then, Super NEVER lost rings when being hit, and the only things that could kill him were insta-deaths (such as drowning, being crushed, and falling into an abyss).

Super Sonic is more powerful now due to his cutscene portrayals and fighting gods and such, but he's more liable to take ring-damage now than he was back in the good ol' days.

Knuckles just straight up fucking knocked the Emeralds out of him, which we've never seen ANYONE do.  It doesn't matter if it was a sneak attack or not, if Knuckles fucking haymakers you in the face, you're going to feel it, even if you're a godhog.

I very much doubt that any Eggman Robot, powerful as they are, could compare to the likes of Dark Gaia. He's a GOD. It makes sense that SS can be damaged by a god, but not by an Eggman Robot.

It's very possible that Super Sonic lets his guard and power down when he is not in battle. In all of his bos fights, he relies on rings to fuel his form. However, when at rest in Advance, he is shown to pe perfectly capable of sustaining the form for extended periods of time, because he is not using too much energy. So, when Knuckles knocked out SS, it was probably due to him not having his guard up.

I very much doubt that any Eggman Robot, powerful as they are, could compare to the likes of Dark Gaia. He's a GOD. It makes sense that SS can be damaged by a god, but not by an Eggman Robot.

Sonic 3: Eggmobile final boss can grab Super Sonic and turn him back to normal.

Sonic Advance 2: Egg...Shrimp can freeze Super Sonic solid and knock his rings out.

Don't knock the Eggman.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown
  • Thumbs Up 1

Super Sonic takes ring damage from Eggman's creations in the Sonic Advance series, the Sonic Rush series, and (I think) Generations.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot about Big Arm.

Edited by Thick n' Nasty Wario

Super Sonic takes ring damage from Eggman's creations in the Sonic Advance series, the Sonic Rush series, and (I think) Generations.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot about Big Arm.

Sonic 3: Eggmobile final boss can grab Super Sonic and turn him back to normal.

Sonic Advance 2: Egg...Shrimp can freeze Super Sonic solid and knock his rings out.

Don't knock the Eggman.

Well then, other people have transformed SS back to normal. Wario, you just corrected yourself. Well, so did I, but that's that.

Also, I don't think Super Sonic takes damage in Generations. This adds fuel to the 'more powerful over time' argument, as Super Sonic has most likely gotten more powerful since his Advance days.

Okay, wasn't expecting the Knuckles is the strongest cuz he beat Super Sonic joke to be taken seriously. What I was trying to say was:

The point is that Sonic's abilities always take a backseat to the story requirements. If the story needs for him to lose his first fight with the mysterious new antagonist from the future then it doesn't matter which one is more powerful.

Sonic being defeated in a cutscene when he's not paying attention happens too often to be a basis for power measurement. Eggman defeated Sonic with a simple gas grenade in Sonic Adventure.Meanwhile, Silver's main claim to fame is sucker-punching Sonic twice. And I will point out that the first sucker-punch happened AFTER Sonic beat up Silver in a boss fight.

One consistent element to Silver in his boss fights in 06 and Generations is that he's completely vulnerable to attack when he's busy telekinetically holding something else. So he's basically just got one trick, and it requires very specific circumstances to defeat Sonic. Shadow had Chaos Control which handily trounced Sonic, so it amounts to the same.

Okay, wasn't expecting the Knuckles is the strongest cuz he beat Super Sonic joke to be taken seriously.

Too late man, I just got of the phone with Sakurai whoever runs Sonic now and he said Knuckles is confirmed to be strongest evar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaah, hello? First, are you guys discussing Sonic Vs. Silver or Sonic Vs. Eggman?

Second, can someone please point me to the page where this... 'round' started? So I can keep up with everyone else?

As a start I'm just gonna say... There's a... Super Sonic, and a... Super Silver?

Aaah, hello? First, are you guys discussing Sonic Vs. Silver or Sonic Vs. Eggman?

Second, can someone please point me to the page where this... 'round' started? So I can keep up with everyone else?

As a start I'm just gonna say... There's a... Super Sonic, and a... Super Silver?

Well, we were discussing Sonic vs Silver, but we got carried away with a few Super Sonic jokes. I blame myself for posting way too late on the wrong page.