Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

Ever since I go Sonic Unleashed again, I've been wondering.

Sonic the Werehog VS Knuckles.

The Werehog's greatest moment of strength that I can think of was probably being able to actually grab and throw the Dark Gaia Phoenix. Fairly big bloke, though given birds' hollow skeletons, probably isn't that heavy. So what else... the Werehog does lift Egg Fighters, but how heavy are they? Are they hollow or packed to the brim with machinery? If we had the Egg Fighters' weight, it'd help establish WereSonic's strength.

Knuckles' fist can shatter the Master Emerald, which while it may look like glass, one should remember that gems such as diamond have the greatest hardness of all substances, hence their industrial usage for cutting. So, Knuckles most likely has the greatest strength in terms of punching power, being able to shatter gems.

Knuckles has been seen pushing a boulder, but has he ever carried one? My memory is poor on this subject, but for now we only really have a measure of the Werehog's carrying strength, not Knuckles'. This is unless of course the Master Emerald is incredibly dense, in which case the thing could easily weigh a considerable amount.

As for actual combat, Knuckles can burrow and come up from above, a definite bonus. However, WereSonic can throw a punch from a distance, and that is likewise a huge bonus.

Ever since I go Sonic Unleashed again, I've been wondering.

Sonic the Werehog VS Knuckles.

Knuckles can punch the ground, and not only cause a  powerful earthquake, but also hurt you while your airborne.

Knuckles can punch the ground, and not only cause a  powerful earthquake, but also hurt you while your airborne.

Huh, I hadn't thought of this, but that's true. He does have quite an enormous bit of force in his fist if he can disrupt the air currents for such a large area...

All this considered, seems he might be able to gain an edge over the Werehog after all. Edge in this case meaning to completely and utterly dominate.

Huh, I hadn't thought of this, but that's true. He does have quite an enormous bit of force in his fist if he can disrupt the air currents for such a large area...

All this considered, seems he might be able to gain an edge over the Werehog after all. Edge in this case meaning to completely and utterly dominate.

I'm just wondering though, would the tide of the battle change at dawn? Sonic is more agile in his normal form, but on the other hand he's also weaker.

"Knuckles can punch the ground, and not only cause a powerful earthquake"

Werehog can FLAIL HIS LIMBS and create multiple smaller quakes.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess monobrow didn't read the whole post.

Monobrow did read the whole post; he just forgot what he was going to say next.

I'm just wondering though, would the tide of the battle change at dawn? Sonic is more agile in his normal form, but on the other hand he's also weaker.

Speed is ultimately the greatest power of all; it is what makes air power so devastating and was the key to the German conquest of Europe during the Second World War. Sonic may not have Knuckles' raw power per se, but his velocity will negate that effect simply due to the fact a speeding projectile is lethal no matter how you slice it.

Consider a bullet. If I throw one at something, it will probably just bounce off. Harmless. But if I actually shoot it, it's heading at such a high speed it'll tear through nearly anything soft. Sonic's much, much bigger than a bullet and incredibly fast. If he can get up to top speed anyone he goes against is screwed.

The key to beating Sonic would be to box him into tight quarters where he can't reach his top speed; it is in this case where someone with raw power like Knuckles could triumph.

Ok, I've been thinking about this for a while, Shadow and Silver are Sonic's strongest rivals (excluding Knuckles because he only has physical strenght, but who is more powerful between them? So I made some researchs and IMO it's Silver: they're both overpowered, but Silver automatically wins against Sonic for his telekinesis (it makes sense since he comes from a distant future, he can use technological powers), as it's shown in Sonic 2006, while in SA2 Sonic was on pair with Shadow; Yes... Silver is a bit in trouble during the fight with Shadow in 06 because of his Chaos Controll, but later he learns it too; Silver may be slow on ground, but he can fly pretty fast in Sonic Generations, and he's the toughest rival to beat in the game. I also noticed that Silver has the strongest super form in '06: While Super Sonic and Super Shadow can only hit Solaris if they fill the bar, Super Silver just throws meteorites at him. I know, these are very weak proofs, I'm trying to make a sort of speculation, so it's not a random "who would win" thread.

I'm not sure Silver's super form is considered canon anymore, and the only reason he was the toughest of the three "rival" characters is because he was the final one.

I'm not sure Silver's super form is considered canon anymore, and the only reason he was the toughest of the three "rival" characters is because he was the final one.

Ah, ok.

Because they made official CGI artwork and action figures for Super Silver, yeah he's canon.

He only appeared once, in a game that is mostly non-canon. Since then, none of the games with Silver in them have indicated that he can use Chaos energy. If Super Silver appears in a future game, I'll recant my statement. Until then, I'm sticking to what I said before.

I don't think Silver or Shadow are any match for Sonic's My-Name-Is-In-The-Title based powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Silver or Shadow are any match for Sonic's My-Name-Is-In-The-Title based powers.

Well plot armor aside, Silver pretty much outmatches Sonic in everything.

Merged the "Sonic vs. Shadow" thread with the overall versus one since they both cover the same purpose.

Silver's level of powers and abilities varies so much from game to game that he ranges from the most pathetically inept character to the most absurdly overpowered.

Even at his most absurdly overpowered Sonic still defeats him in a boss fight. A good one, too. One of my favourites to play.

Even with plot armour it's important that Silver effectively broke it fighting Sonic. Twice, in one game. Even when you're playing Sonic's side of the story. He literally would not have survived were it not for one of his buddies conveniently busting him out right as Silver was about to land a death blow. How many other characters have done that? To the best of my knowledge only Eggman and Shadow, and even the latter was only because the entire game was built around him (ShTH).

Of course, this might not necessarily be because Silver is powerful (not that he isn't, mind) and more that Sonic literally doesn't have a single counter to his abilities. Everything Sonic can do relies on physical contact, which he can't do because Silver would grab him, and as soon as it comes to that the fight immediately becomes one sided.

Granted, Silver's entire Matrix ability comes with the downside that he's rendered into a sitting duck for any and everyone to wail on because he's incapable of throwing stuff immediately and readying himself again. I also imagine there has to be some direct focus and intention to grab something for it to work. I don't think he just throws up a mind field upon which entry means your toast, because when you're caught, he's always facing you. So you can certainly hit him from behind if you catch him off guard, meaning Sonic's ridiculous speed can come into play as an ace up his sleeve.

I don't think he just throws up a mind field upon which entry means your toast, because when you're caught, he's always facing you. 

Actually, that's exactly what he does, at the very least if you're in front of him. Although if he's already got it thrown up, then you can very likely get through it provided that he already has something captured in it.

I don't doubt he could do it behind him either, but that he can't see from back there to focus onto something out of his view and therefore he doesn't bother, which becomes a weakness.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

The "If you're in front of him" part is the main kicker to my reasoning, and ultimately we agree on Silver. =P Whenever he's attempting to grab a moving character, he is always facing the front, presumably under the guise of aiming and concentrating. But if you're fast enough, or presumably do a Shadow like in Radical Train and warp, you can prevent Silver from ever using that ability successfully. I think that counts as an inherent weakness, along with his inability to do too much if his little psychic inventory is filled up with useless junk he plans to throw at you instead.

Yea, if Sonic can keep out of Silver's line of sight then he has a chance, especially since the most Silver can do is just hurl objects which Sonic can easily dodge. 

All I've ever Silver do is long range attacks. SIlver doesn't have any close combat attacks that I have seen, and no defense there either. Sonic would beat Silver if he got close enough to attack him.

All I've ever Silver do is long range attacks. SIlver doesn't have any close combat attacks that I have seen, and no defense there either. Sonic would beat Silver if he got close enough to attack him.

Telekinesis is a short range attack. I should hope it isn't to the contrary, otherwise Silver wouldn't even have to move in order to kick Sonic's ass. Even neglecting that he still has a few close range moves, all of which inflict instant paralysis on basically anything short of a tank-tier monster - among them, a ground-pound shockwave with quite some reach and the ability to hit enemies on his flanks - for more than long enough to arrange a telekinetic smackdown on them. That Generations gave him the ability to cut people with his mind and teleport for no apparent reason is just the icing on the cake.

That being said Nepenthe has a good few points, and bearing that all in mind the fight would boil down to one crucial factor - patience. The first one to make a move would lose, essentially, in most situations - if Sonic hits head on, Silver would just laugh and throw him into orbit, but as soon as Silver wastes his grip on something else Sonic could just charge the fucker while he's preparing to throw. I still side with Silver in this mainly because in a fight of attrition all he has to do is glue the right trigger down. Sure, a hit from behind might be viable if Sonic gets there fast enough, but his turning circle is swift enough that Sonic would really have to get within grabbing range first unless there were some serious fucking mindgames involved, and that's even assuming Silver can't just cut the middleman out and teleport straight into grabbing range anyway.