Awoo.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Solid SOAP

^ No, the Ice Flower just shoots ice balls but the Penguin Suit also lets you slide on Ice and maybe something else.

Let's think of it as a sort of Leaf power-up and Tanooki suit kind of deal. They have the same basic feature, but the Penguin suit has an additional ability.

Then there better be a freaking Cape feature.

I have no idea how a cape feature would work with 4-players.

I think the closest you'll get are propeller hats.

I think we got:

-Super Mushrooms

-Mini Mushrooms

-Fire Flower

-Ice Flower

-Penguin Suit

-Starman

-Propeller Suit

-Yoshi

Anyword if the Mega Mushroom is returning though?

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper

I have no idea how a cape feature would work with 4-players.

I think the closest you'll get are propeller hats.

I think we got:

-Super Mushrooms

-Mini Mushrooms

-Fire Flower

-Ice Flower

-Starman

-Propeller Suit

-Yoshi

Anyword if the Mega Mushroom is returning though?

Forgot the Penguin suit. :P

EDIT: Sneaky sneaky.

No word on the Mega Mushroom, probably for the reasons you stated.

Edited by Max Goof

Also because the Mega Mushroom was the stupidest game-breaking power-up of all time.

Edited by SuperLink

So Iggy looks pretty different... taller and more wiry. He also replaced his rainbow mohawk with some weird plant lookin' do. Lemmy seems to have a rat tail. ...why only redesign the twins? ( well, X-twins )

I really really really hope there is at least one doom ship stage.

Edited by Lando The Bat

...why only redesign the twins? ( well, X-twins )

Were they ever canonically said to be twins? I know they were in the cartoons, but the cartoons differed on a lot of things.

Actually, I'm curious about their game personalities (not cartoon personalities) being fleshed out. Super Mario World's post-castle dialog boxes hinted at what the Koopalings were like- Iggy is "demented", Ludwig and Wendy have an affinity for music (Ludwig compses "Koopa symphonies", and Wendy sings). The other Koopalings just got a standard "defeated" message, but it's interesting that the games had somewhat different directions for them.

Also, Iggy built the Koopa mechs in Yoshi's Safari, making him (rather than Ludwig as in the cartoons) the "science" character, interestingly.

Granted, I'm not expecting much personality displayed here, but if there is, I'm kind of curious to see them develop their game personas independantly of what the cartoons established in most fans' minds.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

I always find it funny when people ask for old powerups to return, when Mario has never used the same power-up twice. Fire Flower is the only consistant one... in fact, I believe the ice flower returning here is the first ever repeat of a non-fire flower powerup, though at the same time, it does have a different use this time.

Anyway... all this new stuff, very exciting.

And I also think the red bar on the boxart is sexy. I love the little "Up to 4 players" and character icons in the corner. The boxart has the best of both worlds (arty simple design and jam-packed fun design).

Edited by JezMM

Bee Suit is back for Galaxy 2. :P

Also I really like the Propeller suit for some reason. I'm kinda bummed the Ice Flower doesn't make you look like ice as it did in Galaxy, but I'm sure they had to do it like that because if you were playing multi-player you might get confused to who is who if you all looked like ice.

Edited by speedfreak

Were they ever canonically said to be twins? I know they were in the cartoons, but the cartoons differed on a lot of things.

Actually, I'm curious about their game personalities (not cartoon personalities) being fleshed out. Super Mario World's post-castle dialog boxes hinted at what the Koopalings were like- Iggy is "demented", Ludwig and Wendy have an affinity for music (Ludwig compses "Koopa symphonies", and Wendy sings). The other Koopalings just got a standard "defeated" message, but it's interesting that the games had somewhat different directions for them.

Also, Iggy built the Koopa mechs in Yoshi's Safari, making him (rather than Ludwig as in the cartoons) the "science" character, interestingly.

Granted, I'm not expecting much personality displayed here, but if there is, I'm kind of curious to see them develop their game personas independantly of what the cartoons established in most fans' minds.

Weren't they given a few lines of dialogue in Superstar Saga? I haven't played that game in YEARS so I can't be sure but I'm sure I remember Wendy saying something.

I'll quote what I said at Retro. =P

I want this game. NOW.

Dangit, Sega, Needlemouse better be a comeback made against NSMBWii, because good gravy that's made of oodles of nostalgia. If you make Needlemouse as nostalgic (gameplay and art-style wise) as NSMBWii, late 2009 / 2010 will be the greatest days of my life.

Dangit, Sega, Needlemouse better be a comeback made against NSMBWii, because good gravy that's made of oodles of nostalgia. If you make Needlemouse as nostalgic (gameplay and art-style wise) as NSMBWii, late 2009 / 2010 will be the greatest days of my life.

Which it won't, so I'll just shatter that dream bubble right now.

Not that thats a bad thing. I personally don't think this game looks that great or interesting at all. Granted I never liked NSMB for the DS so there we go. Each to their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a quick comment, but:

The Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 was pretty much identical to Super Mario Bros. in terms of graphics, after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lost Levels was the least-liked game in the series these days, so that really doesn't help NSMBW's case any.

Edited by Tornado

Which it won't, so I'll just shatter that dream bubble right now.

Not that thats a bad thing. I personally don't think this game looks that great or interesting at all. Granted I never liked NSMB for the DS so there we go. Each to their own.

I don't know, they might go the nostalgia route. Maybe not as much as NSMBW, but the teaser trailer itself was fairly nostalgia packed.

Technically they spoke fake Italian Gibberish and each others names from time to time.

He was referring to the Koopalings not the Mario Bros.

And that's why I need to read everything more often. But yeah, Koopalings don't talk. They're a bunch of mutes. They might talk in NSMB, but is it really a big deal if they don't?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

There's an awesome new trailer (and screens) at Gonintendo.com. I'd link but I'm on my Wii. Every time something new is shown for this game I want it even more.

Yummy!

My anticipation just sky rocketed!

Mmm.... Just like the bagel.

Looks like SEGA's got their work cut out for them. They promise us a nostalgic return, but with the rate New Super Mario Bros. is shaping up, they're going to have to do a lot of work. The fan service of this Mario is incredible. Truly nostalgic.

• Thumbs Up 1