Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

So, basically, people like this cartoon because it's not badly written, the characters are likeable, and the universe makes sense (in its own rights) ?

And older people like it because it reminds them of when they were children ?

So, why do people like a cartoon for 7-years old girls already ? I still can't understand.

I don't happen to try stuff without hearing good stuff from it, aside from "the creators put work on it". That's one of the reasons I'm asking for a reason everyone loves it.

I'll give you 10 things that are awesome about MLP FIM:

1. Great writing

2. Great Humor

3. Loveable Characters

4. Fluttershy

5. DJ P0N-3

6. GLORIOUS Artwork

7. Rainbow Dash

8. Derpy Hooves

9. ???

10. PROFIT

- Vinyl Scratch

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't happen to try stuff without hearing good stuff from it, aside from "the creators put work on it". That's one of the reasons I'm asking for a reason everyone loves it.
Edited by Gartocer

Comparing MLP Gen 3 to FiM is like comparing Sonic 06 to Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 things that are awesome about MLP FIM:

1. Trixie

2. The Show's Writing

3. The Fanbase

4. The Show's Staff

5. The Animation

6. Trixie

7. Rainbow Dash

8. Applejack

9. Trixie

10. Twixie

Edited by Tornado

Eleven reasons MLPFiM deserves a chance.

11. The enviornments are imaginative and beautiful to look at.

10. The animation is amazing.

9. The stories are well thought out and out together.

8.The characters are all different and unuique.

7. The characters are likeable.

6. The humor is well thought out and very good.

5. There are many subtle references. Such as the "Swarm of One" being a reference to Star Trek and Benny Hill.

4. The music is amazing. Vocal or background, every track is amzingly made by Daniel Ingram and William Anderson.

3. The old school style slapstick like Derpy dropping the iron anvil on Twilights head by accident.

2. The adult jokes like "The punch has been... spiked.".

1. The lessons aren't forced done your throat and are relateable for people of all ages.

I hate it when people think it must be nostalgia or something when teenage/adults like MLPFiM. Many people watch cartoons. Don't jump to conclusions and assume it's nostalgia or some bullshit like that. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Before coming to a conclusion, give the show a chance. Because it damn well deserves it.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. The lessons aren't forced done your throat

Well... usually. They don't always do the best job supporting the message with what actually happens in the episode.

*glares at avatar*

MLPFIMjust has the bad rep of it's past. Otherwise if this were the MLP debut, people would probably accept adults liking it like they do Mario or Courage the cowardly dog.

Edited by Gartocer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Step One: Introduce MLP to best friend

Step Two: Make Best Friend a brony.

Step Three: ???

Step Four: PROFIT

My best friend is a brony now.

rainbow_dash_salute_by_atomicgreymon-d3bo0dx.png

Mission Success commander.

- Vinyl Scratch

• Thumbs Up 1

Beaten by an hour xD. That's what i get for trying to finish a fic no matter how bored I was with it (it was called "Eversleep", and man that was awful).

1187046204871.png?t=1241888096

HOLY SHIT. LOOK AT THAT PONY... THING.

Can't wait.

Who the heck is

Discord

Edited by Blue Wisp

The thing that excites me the most is that I'm finally going to be able to talk in real time about the episodes with you guys, make some speculation and (why not?) watch all the new reaction macros being created in front of my eyes. biggrin.gif

Instead of watching the show months after season 1 ended. :l

Edited by gato

HARMONY VS. DISCORD. TWO-ROUND MATCH. PLACE YOUR BETS, PEOPLE.

This could only get better if they brought in Eris herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

A two parter was expected from me. I mean honestly, with a plot like that? It seemed likely. I wonder how Dicord will be. Hopefully he's a good, competant villain.

The thing that excites me the most is that I'm finally going to be able to talk in real time about the episodes with you guys, make some speculation and (why not?) watch all the new reaction macros being created in front of my eyes. biggrin.gif

Instead of watching the show months after the season already ended. :l

As someone who joined in at episode 5, I can assure you that you'll be in for one hell of a crazy ride.

[how do I insert a page break I am raging so hard at the removal of the bbcode help button]

Oh, I forgot to post here after watching the glorious two seconds of the upcoming season from that promotional footage, so I'll just say that serious-faced Celestia looks totally badass.

Also, the Elements of Harmony versus the Elements of Discord in an epic two-parter season premiere?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ghFf79veo

MY BODY IS ALL SORTS OF NOWHERE NEAR REMOTELY READY.

Edited by HunterTSF

One thing I'm worried about is that I hope all of the awesome, "I'm-gonna-fuck-you-up" Celestia and "I'm-about-to-ruin-your-shit" Twilight stuff implied in the commercial doesn't only happen in the first two episodes.

Edited by Tornado