Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

But I also dont' see what's so bad about the "pandering" when the staff of the show enjoys it. Like, DJ P0N-3? SIbsy loves putting her in the backgrounds because she really likes the design. I don't really see how it detracts from the experience overall. Execution is key.

I'm personally very mixed with the pandering/shoutouts. Though I personally don't see how giving some of the background characters more screen time, Particularly characters like Vinyl Scratch/DJ P0N-3 and Octavia, is considered pandering, unless it's there for the sake of being there instead of being crucial to the plot (The Trixie scene comes to mind in EqG.) Like you said, execution is key and if they pull the execution off right, then I'm fine with the shout outs.

Yes. Please consider seppuku right away. Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

We don't really like having suicide jokes being tossed around here even if you didn't mean any harm by it. It's a highly sensitive issue.

EDIT: Okay let's not continue to bring this up. The purpose of my post was not to get others to chip in on their thoughts about CakeMiester's comments.

• Thumbs Up 4

Question: Which Element of Harmony do you would have?

I think Laughter would be my element, because I'm always doing everything in my power to keep my friends happy, laughing, and smiling! 

Something I've been meaning to ask, as we all know, Twilight's Element of Harmony is Magic. All the other elements seem to be connected with personality traits: Generosity, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, and Loyalty. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for some fans to figure out which element would fit them best, that said, my question is: What kind of personality do you think the Element of Magic would represent? I've always said Knowledge, since Twilight is really smart, what do you guys think?

Edited by ThunderCracker

I'd wield the Element of Apathy, because... well, y'all already know. No need to keep on beating a dead horse. *badum tss*

Serious answer: Loyalty, I guess? I'm pretty loyal to my friends and all that jazz, but then again, I don't have many, but I digress.

Edited by Tomoki

I think Laughter would be my element, because I'm always doing everything in my power to keep my friends happy, laughing, and smiling!

I'm the Element of Laughter too.

smile_song___pinkie_pie_by_aliceebryant-

This is from way back when the Smile song had been leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOF-QUYc2U

I'm sorry in advance but I just have to ask (especially before season 4 where I'd imagine it's just going to get more heated), what exactly is so bad about fan shout outs (or pandering as some like to call it)?

I don't have anything against fan shout outs too.

Edited by Applejack1973

Something I've been meaning to ask, as we all know, Twilight's Element of Harmony is Magic. All the other elements seem to be connected with personality traits: Generosity, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, and Loyalty. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for some fans to figure out which element would fit them best, that said, my question is: What kind of personality do you think the Element of Magic would represent? I've always said Knowledge, since Twilight is really smart, what do you guys think?

Which element of Harmony I would have? That's kinda a toughie for me. I'm pretty much a little of each of the personalities. But if I had to just choose one it would be Kindness.

Edited by D-Gam'r

While I was in a steam chat with some of Ponychan's /rp/ regulars, this was posted. I'm really, really disappointed that stuff like that and other pics that artist has done wasn't the actual style used for Equestria Girls. Yes, it's rather "anime-like", and likely would have to be simplified a bit to fit with the whole flash animation workflow, but at least they look pleasing to the eye, unlike what we actually got in the movie, good grief.

Though, the way the ponies are already drawn fits reasonably well alongside japanese manga/anime style artwork, such as the big eyes and whatnot (such various aspects have their origin in Disney animation, incidentally). Not that you can shove it alongside any kind of manga art style and expect them to blend together well, obviously, but that's beside the point.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 2

Meghan is dropping small teasers on Twitter, yet again.

Capture.JPG

Sounds like RD is gonna have some sweet episodes this season.

Could this be the season where we finally get a solo Rainbow Dash song? ...I mean really, 3 seasons without a Dashie song? And here I thought she was supposed to be fast.

I guess U could say: SHE'S TOO SL-

9315.png

...Sorry. blink.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Whu...WHAT?!

It's fake... it has to be! ...Right?!

Where'd you find it?

Edited by SweeCrue

Taken from the /mlp/ board on 4chan. Yeah, it's most likely a fake.

But that'd be pretty damn awesome if Crush 40 was brought in to do some music. And with RD being hinted about getting a episode on her again, it kinda fits together.

EDIT: Okay, it's definitely a fake. Shame.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, tweeting something like that publicly would essentially be breaking her NDA, and unless it was approved by Hasbro beforehand, that is a definite no-no.

Along with 4chan being an unreliable place that is full of trolling idiots, it's easy to tell that tweet was fake at first sight.

As much as I'd like Crush 40 collaborating with them, anyway, I prefer Daiki Kasho (from the Gran Turismo series) for Dash. His songs are a much better fit for her, IMO. =P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAMI6HcTUcw

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I'm not sure if you guys watch these or not, but I really love em. Their reactions are priceless.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes I wonder how things would have ended up if Princess Cadence wasn't actually Queen Chrysalis in disguise in the Season 2 Finale, and that she really did become an alpha bitch with Love-oriented mind control abilities.

I wonder if we ever will see the small village forest Hollow Shades in S4.

Here are one of the few things I could find out about Hollow Shades that is west of Manehattan.

hollow-shades.jpg

Edited by Applejack1973

Guys...

cdol.png

It's not on her Twitter, but holy shit, if this is real...

I have to admit if there was one more thing that could make me mark out for this show it would be an awesome battle song, ala Crush 40's Sonic works.  Even if it was done in the style of the Sailor Moon battle songs ("Carry On", "She's Got The Power", "The Power Of Love") it would be great.

Going back to the Children of the Night video, did anyone else notice the statue, towards the beginning of the song, having a teardrop slide down her face.  I know it was Princess Twilight Sparkle, but...why would she cry. I just want to know the entire meaning of that one scene.

Going back to the Children of the Night video, did anyone else notice the statue, towards the beginning of the song, having a teardrop slide down her face.  I know it was Princess Twilight Sparkle, but...why would she cry. I just want to know the entire meaning of that one scene.

I think the statue was the alicorn version of Lauren Faust, who is crying because she knows that her two "children", Celestia and Luna are going to fight against each other, and she feels a mother's pain for seeing her children turn against each other. The whole video itself is foreshadowing Luna's eventual change into Nightmare Moon.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Man the cannons, men and women! We shipping now!

t4ay.jpg

It's real this time, don't worry.

So yeah, if your a fan of this, get hyped. I don't personally care for it, but it could have some cute moments.

She clarified in a latter tweet that it'd just be friendshippy stuff, which is a relief. I'm not against romance in the show at all*, but Spike/Rarity in particular wouldn't make much sense as a couple as they are currently. Maybe when Spike's older + more mature, but yea.

*One would simply need to look at my favourites list on FimFiction for merely a few seconds to realize just how much I may or may not be fond of cartoon horse romance. *cough*

Edited by ElementofChaos

Man the cannons, men and women! We shipping now!

t4ay.jpg

It's real this time, don't worry.

So yeah, if your a fan of this, get hyped. I don't personally care for it, but it could have some cute moments.

Oh boy... HERE WE*reads EoC's post*

Nvm :x

Ever since the whole Godzilla fracas Spike had I've wondered if both him and Rarity could go on a direction similar to Mario and Peach, they think highly of each other, there might be the occasional thank you kiss on the cheek but nothing beyond that.

Which would be more than enough to fuel hundreds of shipfics for the next weeks...

Actually, kind of unrelated but what happened to those awesome capes Rare made during that episode?

I miss Gurren Lagann Dash.